🎃 Return to Morlovia 2019: Victor – Thoughts & Discussion

Return to Morlovia Hero RETURNS: Victor!

Hero Card

:bar_chart: Stats

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon_with_face: Dark/Purple Wizard Very Fast
:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
778 671 1347

:dizzy: Special Skill: Night of Sorrow

• Deals 196% damage to the target
  • The target receives 225 damage over 5 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased by 300, up to 825 damage in total.
  • The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to the target for 3 turns.
  • All allies get +30% defense for 3 turns.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Victor?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Victor.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Victor and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Victor Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• The theme of Return to Morlovia heroes is stackable DoT and stealing healing. What do you think of this sort of special skill?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Victor?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 5.8% chance of summoning Victor.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 45 times out of 100, you’ll get Victor by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Victor by pull 500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Victor by pull 765

Putting that in Perspective

• 55 out of every 100 people won’t get Victor by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 550,000 of those players wouldn’t get Victor
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Victor by the 500th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Victor

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard the Christmas heroes as superior to the Halloween heroes, and therefore prefer to save their Epic Hero Tokens for December. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Return to Morlovia 2019 is expected to run from the end of October until the beginning of November, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the October and November HOTM, please see:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Victor’s Game Mechanics?

Click for Info on Creating Player Guides

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Victor.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Victor.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Victor from a previous Return to Morlovia?

• Yes, I have Victor already from a past Return to Morlovia
  • No, I tried to get Victor previously, but didn’t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Return to Morlovia last year, but didn’t try for Victor
  • No, I wasn’t playing during the last Return to Morlovia

0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Victor this Return to Morlovia?

• Yes, I want to try to get Victor this Return to Morlovia
  • No, I already have Victor, and don’t want to try for another
  • No, I’m not interested in Victor, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds

0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Victor’s usefulness?

• I think Victor is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Victor is above average
  • I think Victor is very average
  • I think Victor is below average
  • I think Victor is one of the very worst heroes

0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Victor’s design?

• Victor is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Victor is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • I’m indifferent to Victor’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way

0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Return to Morlovia 2019: 🎃 Return to Morlovia 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links – Halloween Event

Older Threads Discussing Victor

Other Recent Threads on Return to Morlovia

He is the best pressure application hero in the game, he would have been amazing if his dot required 2 specials to stack vs 3 as he does not seem usefull in every hit now because of the v.fast, fast meta of damage but once he applies that DOT to someone its bye bye hero in offense, single out one hero and focus Victor on him.

He is also very nifty in wars with heal aid, once you apply his dot to 3 or 4 opposition heroes he seems invincible.

The sad part of why he will always be just a bit above average is the fact his dot requires 3 specials to stack meaning without perfect board placements it will fall off or in an even worst case be dispelled.

One thing that does make him interesting in the future is the fact that his DoT bypases defense and attack down modifiers and scales with base attack to the extent it could probably stack to 1k+.

Overall a bit above average hero, not really worth pursuing over other event heroes, but should you get one you should not be unhappy as he has his very specific niche uses.

6 Likes

Victor was first dark hero to be maxed (although i had the parts for long time but didnt have a good hero to max)
these days i only use him at wars, even while playing dark mono i rarely use him
if you could him to recharge few times in a row he is a monster otherwise he is average

1 Like

Victor is a necessary hero I utilize, not only for taking down Guin when I face her in the tank position, but for getting rid of those pesky Alby/MN’s in left wing position. His vFast 30% def for the whole team is also incredibly useful, especially when you go against strong yellow titans.

The problem with Victor is his poor base def stat when he’s maxed. He is just as fragile as Magni (if not more so) which means he has to be maxed in order to get the best out of him. Also, many people value insta heroes that give or do something immediately, so Victor is also dragged on the forum as being subpar. meaning many people often times don’t bother finding interesting ways to utilize him or his many abilities.

I disagree that Victor isn’t worth pulling over other event heroes. If you take a look at the other seasonal events, who comes close to Victor in terms of versatility? Perhaps Rana or Santa, but those are really the only two, and even then, I would choose Victor because of jis mana speed. He’s a mixed bag of tricks and is a very capable hero with the ability to disrupt the opposing team’s strategy. He is hands down the best seasonal hero to take against challenge events (except for Pirates because of the purple reflect) and completely destroys both the Easter and Christmas seasonal events, just check out this link.

Regardless of how I or anyone else feels, If you want to try for Victor, try for him, but if you don’t and that reasoning is the reviews you have read about him, well, you may be missing out. I for one give Victor a B+/A- grade (he’s terrible on defense) which is far better than most other Purple heroes in the game. The only other Purples I value above Victor are Ursena, Kageburado, Seshat, Kunchen and Hel.

10 Likes

Victor is awesome. That fast mana with a mana troop is a deadly offensive combo. His d boost is fantastic and once it gets rolling it’s difficult to get through. If utilized correctly you’ll be happy with him for sure.

3 Likes

I’ve got 7 EHT saved up so using them in Halloween hoping for Victor. I’d like a nice fast vampire on my Guin hunters but don’t expect him with that small number of pulls. I think he’d be good to swap out for Domitia on my titan team.

1 Like

This. He’s a total beast against titans with high tile damage and the DoT. Just keep enough tiles to charge him (with a mana troop, it takes 6 tiles).

Even better, in raids he’s incredible. The defense buff is nice, of course, and he does a little damage when he hits right off the bat. But I always aim him at a wing hero (most often a healer) and just let that DoT do its job. I’ll forget about the target for awhile and work on the other heroes, and look back and the target is half dead. As if that wasn’t enough, with a mana troop, you can ghost 3 little tiles and recharge his special. THREE. If you have a decent board, you can charge him in multiple consecutive rounds.

I use him all the time. He is probably my favorite purple hero, above even my Kageburado, who is a beast in his own right (but his hit is too weak against weak opponents), and my Mok-Arr, who is just wacky and fun and supremely deadly with a few drawbacks. Put all three on a purple mono team and watch the enemies fall before you.

2 Likes

Who else do you have on your yellow titan team because Domitia’ s +54% against yellow attacks is great.

Currently running Cheshire Domitia Hel Ameona Miki.

I wasn’t particularly excited for him last year, neither I am now with much more experience in the game.

What’s his biggest strength for me is his def buff. With this speed it’s really great addition. His main effect seems very situational. I am not against DOT (I am using Morgana myself quite a lot), but the fact that you need to stack it for the real effect is meh. You may get lucky to charge him quickly once, but twice or thrice won’t happen that often on offense. Bigger chances on defense, but his skill is one of those that AI will screw up 4 times out of 5. I like the “heal steal” part of it, I use Valeria just for that purpose, but is it worth the tabards… well if I didn’t have any other options I would go with him, but would be tough to convince me over many purple 5’s.

The nail in the coffin is the seasonal summon odds. 0.6% like really. I prefer to wait with my tokens till Christmas. And no way I am spending any gems for that chance.

3 Likes

I want him badly. I am siting on 6 tabards waiting for appropriate purple (Mok Ar 1-1, sit and wait, sit and wait…) Saved 25 EHT and would be willing for some gem pulls… Hope it works out… Victor or Sartana as alternative…

1 Like

Very fast is always very fast. My tokens are waiting

but I will only pull if I dont get Kingston during
Atlantis.

4 Likes

Now that is some will power. I’ve found it hard enough to hold onto 7 tokens

3 Likes

Accumulated them from February. Only used 5 for Seshat during Summer Event.

2 Likes

Very fast defence buff as @Suicide_Bunny said is his main feature, the rest I see as a bit of a bonus

Just got him, and obviously very happy about him. Very Fast 5* is always a welcome addition in my roster. Plus the few times I met him, I had trouble with him. Dunno why he is not liked much when with very fast he raises defense, damages enemy and heals himself on top. With mana troop targetting same enemy twice should not be a problem, at least on offense.

Also, I love about his design that he holds the skull just exactly to the Moon.

2 Likes

My alt pulled him this morning on very first EHT. First 5* on that account. Should fit in nicely with Sabina and Boomer for yellow titan work.

Now to get that account to the point where I can actually level a 5*…ugghhh…

2 Likes

I got all the Halloween heroes and victor does seem cool he will be my first 5* to max

2 Likes

Poor Mok-Arr. I can’t wait to max mine. He’s gonna get tabbards before Sartana. :scream:

But I have Victor maxed from last year and he is very useful in wars these days for stacking. Doesn’t get a ton of use other than that but worth the mats imo.

Yeah, got him too and since I have 5 tabards, I can max him out with reward from Morlovia itself. I am very happy with getting him at impossible odds (0.6%) and on top he is very fast while doing damage and damage over time AND raising defense of whole team. Plus I have purple mana troop at level 8, so I can bring him to 6 tiles per full charge.

Cookie Settings