New HOTM RELEASED for October 2019: Kingston!
credit to @StephenNap89 for posting the full artwork screenshot
Special Skill: Stiletto Cyclone
- Deals 445% damage to the target.
- The target and nearby enemies get -31% attack, and a further -4% decrease every time they are hit during 4 turns.
- Element Link gives +4% mana generation for all Nature allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
Changes from Beta
There appear to be no changes to Kingston from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.
What do you think of Kingston?
This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Kingston.
Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Kingston and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is Kingston worth summoning for?
Would you use Kingston on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Would you give Kingston Fighter emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?
What do you think of Kingston’s special?
What do you think of Kingston’s character design?
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352
Putting that in Perspective
27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Wondering About Your Personal Situation?
Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.
If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.
Have an Insight on Kingston’s Game Mechanics?
Click for Info on Creating Player Guides
This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Kingston.
Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Kingston.
Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.
Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.
Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?
Related Threads You May Be Interested In
- 🧪 Early Information on the October 2019 HOTM (Kingston)
- 🧪 The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM
- 🧪 The Beta Beat (v24) – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Costumes & New Riddles of Wonderland, Fables of Grimforest, and Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Events