đŸ”± Costumed Poseidon – 5* Holy / Yellow Costume from Season 2

New Season 2 Costume is released: Costumed Poseidon

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Poseidon, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Poseidon

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Ranger
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 2 Atlantis
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Tidal Slayer
  • Deals 480% damage to the target.
  • All allies are immune to new status ailments for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Atlantis Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / +25% defense.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Poseidon from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Season 2 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Poseidon ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Poseidon.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Poseidon and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Poseidon worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Poseidon on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Poseidon ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Poseidon as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Poseidon Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Poseidon’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Poseidon and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Poseidon, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Poseidon when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Poseidon, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Poseidon (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Poseidon), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Costumed Poseidon.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Poseidon by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Poseidon by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Poseidon by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Poseidon by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Costumed Poseidon by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Costumed Poseidon

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Costumed Poseidon by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Costumed Poseidon

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Poseidon (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Poseidon worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Poseidon would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Poseidon’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Immuniser against status ailments

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Poseidon compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Poseidon’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Poseidon’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Poseidon worth giving Fighter Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Poseidon is better ?

• Normal Poseidon
  • Costumed Poseidon

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Poseidon is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Poseidon is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused with C. Poseidon, isn’t he better in every way (he does more damage, and blocks ALL new status ailments which would encompass both his previous skills of resisting negative mana effects and effects that block special skills)? How come some people have voted that OG Poseidon is better, unless I’m missing something?

3 Likes

Regular Poseidon has better class (imho) and will also protect you against mana cuts (which people go crazy for recently since Ruby). I don’t think that’s enough to consider it better than Costumed version, but well, that’s some explanation.

9 Likes

@PlayForFun a suggestion for the polls on these for new costumes. Maybe add to the is this hero worth summoning for an additional of “only if you have the original version”?

As far as Poseidon goes. I have the original version at +20 LB. However don’t feel a need for the costume enough to summon in the portal. I only use any free pulls I can get through AR now on Atlantis summons. Yes there are some 5s I’d like to get ( kage, ariel, mitsuko, ursena) but I have enough of the 3/4s ( except gil ra who eludes me) that with my ge budget there isn’t an upside to me using gems here trying to get the costume or the missing.

4 Likes

Ok, next time I will add such option.

I am not sure this question can be a solution for your idea or not.
As if the Normal version is better, then there is no point in summoning for costume.
The stat boost from costume is marginal. So it does not worth the pull if the costume version is not good for a hero.

3 Likes

It probably does cover it already now I think about it a bit more. After all doubt anyone is chasing these specifically for the stat boost

It is me or he looks like Jason Momoa?

Otherwise he does good damage and is one of status ailment protectors that is not red, though a bit slower. Not bad.

I am the same w/ AR, whatever i can get farming. i got up to 5 this one (started w/ like 240ish coins). Got the requisite Dawa, oberon, karil, bane, and then the Poseidon costume! I have 1 @ 3/70 and wasn’t going to max since S2 are getting underpowered, but now i think Poseidon/costume will move ahead of Thor, Bai Yeong, Norns, and Devana for darts
 I’m so short on darts cuz i got motega and wolfgang one right after another. My yellows are by far my fav color, lots of great synergies

1 Like

Poseidon has always been my top yellow 5 so the Dark tank boom caused by Valhalla worked well for me as he is a perfect counter to all of them, using him plus Uraeus plus Jackal has been great. So much so I used my LB on him. Stats wise he is completely relevant again

2 Likes

Regular poseidon have far more use than just Ruby, she is just another one. He help vs valhala tanks (Bera Freya) and vs alfrike on VF wars. While costume will help vs alfrike too regular poseidon is very good vs current meta.

1 Like

Yup, good point, forgot already those pesky crittermakers

1 Like

Got him last AR and has been my standard offense card along with Kara and C Viv. His protection against ailment is so useful against the current meta and s5 passives. Once he fires you have 3 rounds of nothing to worry. I gave him the 23 Mana troop so he can fire ahead of Kara just in case I don’t get tiles for Kara to protect. He has never failed to impress.
I use regular only for mana cutter teams.

2 Likes

I have just (finally) maxed his costume!

Which emblem pathway did you guys take?

1 Like

I went full attack path on the non costumed version, though i use the costume more as his ailment protection is priceless in the current meta. I will give the last attack node in time.

6 Likes

Thanks so much @drdare

That’s what I’m going to do :+1:

@drdare
Hi. I was so grateful to found your emble map and followed on my Pose.
And some how total stats came out different, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and checked three four times.
How this be possible
 I wonder

That is because those stats were without the max LB,. I think it was level 81. Your’s should be 85.
His max stats are good.

Thank you for replying.
Yes, the question is even my level is higher which is 85 and at 20, my def and heart is way too low.
Lower than your 83/19. :fearful:
I’m just scratching my head
:face_exhaling:

Sorry that i didnt notice, I have his costume as well. That adds to his stats.