đŸ‘ș Boom & Fang - 5* Nature / Green from Goblin Village

New Goblin Village hero is released: Boom & Fang

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Boom & Fang, as well as your thoughts on Boom & Fang.

Boom & Fang

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Cleric
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 961 1034 1882
4/90 1099 1183 2153
Origin Family
Goblin Village Goblin
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
50% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
- Deals 90% damage to all enemies.
- All enemies get -25% accuracy for 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Boar Call
  • Summons a White Boar Mega Minion with 65% HP and 250% attack inherited from the caster. [?]
  • When summoned the White Boar Mega Minion gives its owner the ability to counterattack wth 100% of the received damage as long as the owner has a White Boar Mega Minion. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• Each time this Hero takes damage from the enemy’s Special Skill, removes 50% / 75% / 100% boosted health from all enemies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Nov 2023

Jan 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Class is changed to Cleric from Fighter
  • Damage reduction is removed from the skill.
  • Attack is increased from 885 from 891.
  • Defense is increased from 951 to 959.
  • Health is increased from 1722 to 1746.
  • White Boar Minion HP is increased from 36% to 55%, and attack is increased from 160% to 200%.
  • Counterattack is increased from 80% to 100%.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Goblin Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v60]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Boom & Fang ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Boom & Fang.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Boom & Fang and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Boom & Fang worth summoning for?

• Would you use Boom & Fang on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Boom & Fang ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Boom & Fang as an opponent?

• Would you give Boom & Fang Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Boom & Fang’s character design?

• If you Summoned Boom & Fang and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Boom & Fang, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Boom & Fang when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Boom & Fang, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Boom & Fang (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Boom & Fang), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Boom & Fang (post release)

:question: Is Boom & Fang worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Boom & Fang would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Boom & Fang’s Primary Purpose is?

• Mega Minion Summoner
  • Counterattacker
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Boom & Fang compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Boom & Fang’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Boom & Fang’s Base Stats?

Note this means Boom & Fang’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Boom & Fang worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Boom & Fang is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Boom & Fang is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Boom & Fang worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Boom & Fang then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
1 Like

Not impressed if released like that 
 apart from being a tile dumpster 

1 Like

It seems like this duo is missing a skill, especially in comparison to the other goblin featured along with them. Hopefully buffed on release? Or maybe other is OP? Not sure how difficult these new mega minions will be.

2 Likes

Is something missing on the description? Basically you get 80% counter attack for one.

I you compare with the other one, Madhammer something’s that has

• Deals 450% damage to the target.
  • Has 50% chance to deal 600% damage to a random different enemy. [?] (This effect targets the same enemy as the first hit target if there are no other valid targets.)
  • Summons a Black Boar Mega Minion with 38% HP and 145% attack inherited from the caster. [? ]
  • The target hit by Black Boar Mega Minion can’t get their other status ailments cleansed from Special Skills for 3 turns.
1 Like

Plus taunt will be boom and bait sales :wink:

1 Like

Got rebuffed, back to 55% hp and 200% attack :scream:

2 Likes

I have upated the hero card with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

WHO prefers this one over Madhammer? :wink:
And if so, why

Happy gaming

1 Like

Is minion removal skill still remove mega minion’s 50% max health? I remember i read somewhere that they adjust the mechanic in beta but i didn’t see any info in V61 release note

1 Like

Yes, 50% HP will be removed by minion removal heroes.

1 Like

I don’t prefer this over madhammer, the uses are quite limited. He is clearly meant to be used as tank or flank. And he is just a solo hero to be used on offence.
His best trait would be his MM has way more massive attack than the other one. And he deals the 100% counterattack

1 Like

My question is where is 200% of the Megaminion’s attack calculated if Boom & Fang doesn’t attack?
Where is the damage calculated? From the attack of the hero card? That is, approximately 1,161 if the hero is at level 90?
I don’t understand those complicated cards in a hero.

Reminds me of this pair

images (3)

Warm fuzziness is a despicable selling tactic.

10 Likes

That’s correct. The same way minion health is based off the hero health.

Hopefully to get lucky and receive both

Boooooom :heart_eyes::pig::dog:

Oink :laughing: :star_struck:

3 Likes

lol, :pig: or :boar: @vanZille ?

2 Likes

Was stoked to pull two goblins and one classic 5* with my two free pulls!!! Domitra, Boom & Fang, Kettle

Then i reqd the cards, i think i got the two worst goblins they have!? Definitely missing something in that special. Like attack or something! Just crap

3 Likes

Boom & Fang is in essence a green Baldur with single hero riposte instead of all team mana protection.
Of course stats have been on steroids since Baldur’s release, but functionally this is the same (overheal = mega minion).

Baldur remains on my bench at 3-70 because I wanted to love him (hence @3-70) but couldn’t (hence “remains”).

3 Likes