đŸ‘ș Madhammer - 5* Fire / Red from Goblin Village

New Goblin Village hero is released: Madhammer

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Madhammer, as well as your thoughts on Madhammer.

Madhammer

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Barbarian
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1012 999 1822
4/90 1158 1143 2085
Origin Family
Goblin Village Goblin
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
50% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
- Deals 90% damage to all enemies.
- All enemies get -25% accuracy for 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Heedless Hammer Flurry
  • Deals 500% damage to the target.
  • Has 50% chance to deal 450% damage to a random different enemy. [?] (This effect targets the same enemy as the first hit target if there are no other valid targets.)
  • Summons a Black Boar Mega Minion with 62% HP and 230% attack inherited from the caster. [?]
  • The target hit by Black Boar Mega Minion can’t get their other status ailments cleansed from Special Skills for 4 turns. [?] (This effect also prevents cleansing and rellocating of itself.)

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• Each time this Hero takes damage from the enemy’s Special Skill, removes 50% / 75% / 100% boosted health from all enemies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Nov 2023

Jan 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased from 931 to 939.
  • Defense is increased from 918 to 927.
  • Health is increased from 1668 to 1691.
  • Primary damage is increased from 450% to 500%.
  • Secondary damage is reduced from 600% to 450%.
  • Black Boar Minion HP is increased from 38% to 52%.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Goblin Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v60]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Madhammer ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Madhammer.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Madhammer and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Madhammer worth summoning for?

• Would you use Madhammer on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Madhammer ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Madhammer as an opponent?

• Would you give Madhammer Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Madhammer’s character design?

• If you Summoned Madhammer and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Madhammer, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Madhammer when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Madhammer, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Madhammer (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Madhammer), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Madhammer (post release)

:question: Is Madhammer worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Madhammer would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Madhammer’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mega Minion Summoner
  • Ailment Cleanse Blocker
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Madhammer compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Madhammer’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Madhammer’s Base Stats?

Note this means Madhammer’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Madhammer worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Madhammer is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Madhammer is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Madhammer worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Madhammer then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
2 Likes

Unless otherwise changed, this is the one to hope for. Miles ahead of Boom&Fang as they both currently sit

2 Likes

The hero card is updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabeled.

2 Likes

Agreed, how in the world did B&F get literally the bare bones of skills while madhammer got so much stuff, and they’re in the same batch of heroes

3 Likes

I went Attack-Route with Mana-Node, here are the Stats:

14 Likes

God darn it, so fast

1 Like

I honestly don’t think so. Boom&Fang seems to me like a top Defense-Hero with the bump up of her Minions Health on Release. A 55% HP MeatShield, thats not subsceptible to Max.HP-Reduce in combination with an undispellable Counterattack
 :scream: We will see for that in the next days.

Madhammer is rather “okay”. She is hindered by the 50% chance for the 2nd hit. Even her first Hit isn’t that strong for an average Mana Hero (at least nowadays
cough Shawujing cough)

3 Likes

I’m worried about that blow from the mega henchman
The 145% attack of the mega henchman inherited from the hero, where should it be taken from the 500% attack of the hero?
That is to say, 145% of 500% is that the attack of the Magasecuaz?

Rather ok but still 2 lb :sweat_smile:

:Small Giant likes:

My original comment was made before the adjustments were made to both heroes. With Boom&Fangs minion now at 200% attack and Mad Hammer’s 2nd hit being cut back from 600%, I do agree that they’re closer to each other now, but I would still be happier with Mad Hammer as I prefer direct damage, as well as having a minion and their secondary skill over counterattack to one.

3 Likes

Don’t you also think, that e.g. ShaWujing is still on a different level? But one has to work with what the portal gives :wink:

1 Like

it was more about how some players nowadays do have ressources to do double limit breaks on “rather ok” new heroes just for “fun” and “testing”

sg likes that - triple limit break and quattro limit break soon to come :heart_hands:

Uhm, never said anything about “only fun & testing”? Why did you come to this conclusion? :thinking:

Saying he is “okay” means, he is not as OP as ShawWujing & Co., but that does not automatically means that he is bad either :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

2 rolls from free coins :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Hell yeah!!!

10 Likes

Im Lucker of the Mounth. 4 gobin in 12pull

9 Likes

Well certainly didn’t have time to level an emblem it but I am super happy to have pulled her today, and last night managed to pull smartongue and a second kettle, will gladly take four goblins in roughly 30 pulls

4 Likes

:fire:Hammer is :rage:

3 Likes

Anyone have the opportunity to use the giant minion in raids? Has anyone faced it a few times? Is it overwhelming? A squishy meat shield? TIA