🧙 Willow – 5* Holy / Yellow from Tower of Magic

New Tower of Magic Hero is Released: Willow

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Willow, as well as your thoughts on Willow.

Willow

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Druid
M
Magic
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 896 970 1722
4/90 1026 1109 1971
Origin Family
Tower of Magic Magic
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Stack on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, all enemies get -5% mana generation stack. If the Special Skill is fully changed, all enemies get two stacks.
:hourglass: Ability: Health Recovery on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to recover 15% health for all allies. If the Special Skill is fully changed, the chance is 100%.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Levitating Lunchbox Deluxe
  • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100%/200% mana:
  • 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 175% damage to all enemies.
    • Dispels status effect buffs that affect defense from all enemies.
    • All enemies are immune to new status effect buffs that affect defense for 3 turns.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • All allies bypass defensive buffs with their attacks for 5 turns. Defensive buffs include counterattacks.
    • All allies reduce all received damage by -45% for 5 turns.
    • All allies counterattack with 115% of the damage received for 5 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Magic” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Magic Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% / 100% chance to cast +5% mana generation stack on a random ally when this hero casts their Special skill.
    Maximum stack size: 10

Note: Family bonus can be triggered on the first and second mana charge too.
The new heroes have passive abilities too, which can be triggered on the second mana charge only.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Charge 1: Damage is reduced to 175% from 200%.
  • Charge 2: +40% defense for 5 turns is replaced with -45% received damage for 5 turns.
  • Charge 2: Counterattack is reduced to 115% from 120%.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Round 2 of Tower of Magic Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v57]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Willow ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Willow.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Willow and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Willow worth summoning for?

• Would you use Willow on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Willow ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Willow as an opponent?

• Would you give Willow Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Willow’s character design?

• If you Summoned Willow and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Willow, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Willow when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Willow, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Willow (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Willow), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Willow (post release)

:question: Is Willow worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Willow would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Willow’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Buff Dispeller
  • Defense Buff Immuniser
  • Defensive Buff Bypass Buffer
  • Received Defense Reducer
  • Counterattack Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Willow compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Willow’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Willow’s Base Stats?

Note this means Willow’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Willow worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Willow is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Willow is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Willow worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Willow then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

Very interesting special charges for Willow. It’s like a Pick your Poison kinda thing. I might just pick the 1x mana charge.

Also, @PlayForFun, header has the hero’s name misspelled
 extra I

1 Like

Thx, I have fixed the title :slight_smile:

1 Like

If Counterattack is considered a defense buff, is Taunt also considered a defense buff?

Sobek doesn’t hit all enemies when they have a taunt active, so I would assume that no, taunt is not classed as a defensive buff for this purpose.

But, it would be helpful if maybe “attacks” could be clarified as being tile damage, or tiles and specials?

3 Likes

Nerf all our heroes, that we paid for, for “balance” and then have the audacity to release this crap.

5 Likes

Exactly! It angers me as well

2 Likes

So the first charge got nerfed from 200% damange → 175% damage as she should be when compared to e.g. Amethyst with the v58 “balance” update coming.

Her 2x mana charge skill got buffed significantly though. -45% damage reduction is waaay more powerful than +40% defense, and pairs very well with the counterattack.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes, this damage charge seems like one of these balance changes.
The OP is adusted with these changes, and polls are enabled.

How long do i have before the nerf lol

Still happy i got one of em

2 Likes

She’s not THAT good though. Probably won’t get nerfed. But hey, what do I know. SG tends to dish out nerfs completely random. Whether the hero is in fact OP doesn’t seem to matter whatsoever.

So bottomline, really, is that she’s as prone to nerfs as any other hero apparently such as Boss Wolf or Guardian Owl.

1 Like

Don’t agree. She is rather niche, but her second charge can really be game-changing. All heroes ignore counterattack and get counterattack themselves
 with reduced damage. So you can use those snipers and AoE-hitters without risking to self-destruct.
I would love to get Willow.
If only she would not have been Holy, but Dark, to go up against Sif, Zhuge Liang, Hatchiko, Furdinand

A very long time because shes really not good
Dont know if willow or the green one are weaker but both are in no way worth the summons
Her second charge might be ok but it will feel like you need 200 tiles to activate second charge

1 Like

The fact alone that she’s niche makes her much less valuable.

Yes, the counterattack, reduced damage and “All allies bypass defensive buffs with their attack” is nice. But it takes 12 tiles and can all be dispelled. So definitely do not agree that she’s better than just good. Generally a slow hero should do something extraordinary to change the battle outcome. Willow does not do this. She can literally be countered by Ray in 5 tiles, and she’s done nothing with her 12 tiles. Even Waldca can block her entire skill on 2x charge. She’s so easily countered.

So if SG actually nerfed heroes based on how good they are, there’s no way this hero will ever get the nerf hammer, in particularly not the 2x charge.

2 Likes

Should have given her that 10% mana passive - so she would have had any use at least

Just look at hypnos or nyx what they do with first charge besides damage - thats so much more useful than this nonsense she does besides damage (which is also lower right now)

Think this is my new favourite SS animation :rofl: :sandwich:

1 Like

I think the reduced damage works against her, correct? It reduces damage before the counter attack, so the counter attack is actually less effective. As opposed to Sif who counters and then reduces damage.

Oh that’s a very good point that was possibly overlooked. Also do you know if charge 1 also affects counterattack defense buffs or only EDD/DD?