🔪 Rian – 5* Ice / Blue from Slayers of Fell Shadows

New Slayer of the Fell Shadows Hero Released: Rian

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Rian, as well as your thoughts on him.

Rian

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Cleric
SL
Slayer
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 781 881 1551
4/90 894 1008 1775
Origin Family
Slayers of Fell Shadows Slayers
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Damage caused by status ailments reduced by -50%
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stalling Cleansing Determination
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.
  • Deals 210% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals additional 25% damage per removed status effect, up to 410% damage in total.
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster gets +5% mana generation.
  • Stack +2 (Max 10): The caster recovers 20 HP each turn.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Apr 2022

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Slayers” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:
The amounts and percents in Family bonus varies for each rarity.

Slayers Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% / 100% chance to receive the following stacks at the end of each turn:
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster recovers X HP each turn
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster gets +Y% mana generation
Hero rarity Recovered HP amount Mana generation increase
Legendary 10 HP each turn 5%
Epic 10 HP each turn 5%
Rare 5 HP each turn 5%

You do not need to cast the special skill for the family bonus to activate.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

HP regeneration stack is now increased from 10 to 20, and 2 HP regeneration stack are given when you fire the special skill.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Slayers of Fell Shadows Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v40]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Rian ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Rian.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Rian and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Rian worth summoning for?

• Would you use Rian on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Rian ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Rian as an opponent?

• Would you give Rian Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Rian’s character design?

• If you Summoned Rian and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Rian, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Rian when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Rian, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Rian (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Rian), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Rian.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Rian by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Rian by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Rian by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Rian by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Rian by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Rian

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Rian by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Rian

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Other Slayers Heroes:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Rian (post release)

:question: Is Rian worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

###:question: How many copies of Rian would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Rian’s Primary Purpose is?

• Cleanser
  • Damage Dealer (Primary)
  • Damage Dealer Supporting)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Rian compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Rian’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Rian worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Rian is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Rian is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
2 Likes

This guy… potentially crippling in buff wars perhaps? :thinking: Would be nice if he could break the deadlock of raid teams that rely so much on buffs!

Buff wars? I am missing something?

He has a cleanse, not dispell :slight_smile:

Just pulled him, finally have decent blue tank :slight_smile:

1 Like

O-oh i got him mixed up with the yellow 5* form this event! Apologies! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Rian’s class is Cleric, not Sorcerer.

2 Likes

Thx correct, I have fixed it. It looks like I have written it incorrectly in the Beta topic too. So it was not a change.

Balance change since last Beta:

• Mana generation stack is now increased from 5% to 10%, and 2 mana generation stack are given when you fire the special skill.

I pulled this guy, but I’m not sure about his role and where to fit him in my roster / gameplay. I mean: slow heavy hitter that rely on cleansing to do better damage? Worst scenario, he hits like Kadilen. Best scenario, hits for higher than Isarnia, but still lower than Cobalt at charge 3.

Maybe a flank on defense and good countering status effect (which almost noone uses anymore)?

I liked pulling him. The artwork for this event is sick, I’m loving the new mechanics and synergies, but still skeptical.

2 Likes

Hes probably faster then slow since he stacks mana.

Got lucky on my pulls also and got him. Tried him out and realy enjoyed the way that he works. Have to try him even further to realy know where to place him in a formation.

Will these new heroes change the meta in the game?

1 Like

I pulled him and was skeptical of where he’d fit in… and then I saw his passive skill. I may have to level him sooner than I thought.

Started to level him straight away here. I was leveling Glenda but she went on hold. Both heroes kind of same same, but i fell for the stack ability that Rian has :slight_smile:

1 Like

For defense, I would recommend left flank.
-Doesnt eat direct tiles so he can stack abit easier before he is a powerhouse

• He will cleanse most things before other start to cast.

Ofc, with his stats and passives, he can be played as tank too.
But! Green doesnt have that many ailments other then def down usually (Kingston attack down and Telurria mana debuff ocansionaly)

He is basically a lady Loki that cleanses instead of flipping ailments. But he is probably better because in the longer run he will be faster.

If someone emblemed him could give us a ss (i’m curious about his stats). Which path would u prefer? atack->def->hp?

1 Like

I go def/ hp with him.
I thinmk most important thing for him is getting stacks, so you wish to prolong his living as long as possible.

With 10 stacks, he heals 200 hp per round,

1 Like

Yes and if you have alby his buffs stacks with stacks. I was thinking about def-> atack route to streghen his atack part of skill also

It could be if you flank with him, not tank

1 Like

Just got this guy and now I am wondering if I should max him or Master Lepus first. So far I only have Cobalt maxed as a 5* + the S1 4* heroes (with their costumes). Other blues I have is Frosth, Magni and Richard (no costumes) and Isarnia (with costume).

What do you think?

I’d do Lepus out of that bunch.

1 Like

I pulled both Rian & Cathal in this event, but I only have telescope to max only 1 of them… Which one would you guys max first?

My current defense team is Frigg/Senan/Odin/Yang Mai.