đŸ”Ș Aodhan – 4* Fire / Red from Slayers of Fell Shadows

New Slayer of the Fell Shadows Hero Released: Aodhan

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Aodhan, as well as your thoughts on him.

Aodhan

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:fire:
Fire/Red
Wizard
SL
Slayer
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 681 743 1410
4/80 789 861 1635
Origin Family
Slayers of Fell Shadows Slayers
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Damage caused by status ailments reduced by -50%
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stalling Wily Wisps
  • Deals 210% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons a Wisp Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages the enemy with 35% attack every turn.
  • The Wisp Fiend absorbs healiing and disappears when it has absorbed health equal to 18% of its target’s max health.
  • Stack +2 (Max 10): The caster gets +10% mana generation.
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster recovers 10 HP each turn.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Apr 2022

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Slayers” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:
The amounts and percents in Family bonus varies for each rarity.

Slayers Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% / 100% chance to receive the following stacks at the end of each turn:
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster recovers X HP each turn
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster gets +Y% mana generation
Hero rarity Recovered HP amount Mana generation increase
Legendary 10 HP each turn 5%
Epic 10 HP each turn 5%
Rare 5 HP each turn 5%

You do not need to cast the special skill for the family bonus to activate.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Mana generation stack is now increased from 5% to 10%, and 2 mana generation stack are given when you fire the special skill.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Slayers of Fell Shadows Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v40]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Aodhan ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Aodhan.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Aodhan and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Aodhan worth summoning for?

• Would you use Aodhan on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Aodhan ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Aodhan as an opponent?

• Would you give Aodhan Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Aodhan’s character design?

• If you Summoned Aodhan and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Aodhan, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Aodhan when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Aodhan, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Aodhan (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Aodhan), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Event Epic hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 17.5% chance of summoning Aodhan.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 69 times out of 100, you’ll get Aodhan by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Aodhan by pull 156 (46,800 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Aodhan by pull 240 (62,400 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 31 out of every 100 people won’t get Aodhan by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 309,196 of those players wouldn’t get Aodhan
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Aodhan by the 156th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::five::zero: times, 56,280 of those players wouldn’t get Aodhan
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Aodhan by the 240th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::four::zero: times, 10,013 of those players wouldn’t get Aodhan

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Other Slayers Heroes:

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Aodhan (post release)

:question: Is Aodhan worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Aodhan would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Aodhan’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Health Inhibitor

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Aodhan compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Aodhan’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Aodhan worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Aodhan is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Aodhan is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options
1 Like

Balance change since last Beta:

• Mana generation stack is now increased from 5% to 10%, and 2 mana generation stack are given when you fire the special skill.
2 Likes

If I get him he’ll replace my Sumle.

Pulled this dude
 Not over excited atm

Have a second budget mono Red war team
 BT gormek falcon Jf+7 ©colen+7

Could he replace colen?

Based on Beta experience I would prefer my costume Colen instead of him

1 Like

He’s the opposite of Colen with very beefy defensive stats (for a 4* anyway) and so-so attack. If you go all def/HP with this guy he ends up with nearly 800 defense and 1500 HP, or Buddy level tank stats but still manages 650+ atk. I think he shouldn’t be underestimated in any rush format, especially 4* no blue rush, where he’ll just spam you to death with fiends if you don’t kill him fast enough. His AoE is rather insignificant and his atk is low to begin with, so thinking of going full tank build with mine.

4 Likes

I have mine only at 4/1 and I’m finding he is very solid in buff tournament as well. I tried running him with a maxed Noril for the family bonus. With both stacks acting as a buff, they really helped increase the overall buffs and their stacks grew quickly. Both Aodhan and Noril firing multiple times per raid. With those two next to Brynhild, I found this team very hard to beat in the tournament.

Aodhan & Colen
 That’s a brutal combo.

He’s awesome. Together with C Marjana, Ludwig and his buddy Cillian they wreck high level teams. Once Ludwig fires they basically start firing each turn, with a few right tiles. Now leveling Orla as well. Ryan is still at 3/70.

He is definitely awesome. Have him, Cillian and Orla all limit broken and they are a delight to play with. Have Rian and 4/33 and working his way up. Senan at 3/70 and 1 tabbard to go. Excited to get a higher end group going.

Aodhan is the response to PvE healers as minions scales off target’s HP.

Pairs well with Cillian and both are very strong with mana boosting heroes such as Sir Lancelot.

The mana speed is changed in the OP after Version 47 release.

I hate facing this guy more than Ferant.

1 Like

His family bonus stack gives 5% according to the in-game info. Are those stacks separate to special skill stacks?
I mean, his special gives +10% max stack 10 and if that is the case, he would end with + 50% stack in case it triggers every turn before firing at turn 8 and he would get +100% stack if family bonus does not trigger and he manages to fire 5 times before his family bonus triggers.

Edit: I think I get it. He gets one stack for family bonus and 2 stacks for special so it goes up to +50%

1 Like

Yes, he gets two stacks when you fire his special skill.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me what his speed is now when his mana stick is maxed out at 50% compared to regular heroes? Is he fast or average speed?

With 50% stack he should be like charge speed

Not sure what emblem path to take him. Full sword or full hp?

Charge speed? Is that average or fast