🔪 Maeve – 3* Dark / Purple from Slayers of Fell Shadows

New Slayer of the Fell Shadows Hero Released: Maeve

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Maeve, as well as your thoughts on him.

Maeve

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Rogue
SL
Slayer
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 520 577 900
3/60 642 713 1112
Origin Family
Slayers of Fell Shadows Slayers
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Damage caused by status ailments reduced by -50%
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stalling Assassin’s Blades
  • Deals 260% damage to the target an nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -44% defense for 3 turns.
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster gets +5% mana generation.
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster recovers 5 HP each turn.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Apr 2022

December 2023 (bug fix)

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Slayers” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:
The amounts and percents in Family bonus varies for each rarity.

Slayers Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% / 100% chance to receive the following stacks at the end of each turn:
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster recovers 10 HP each turn
  • Stack (Max 10): The caster gets +5% mana generation

You do not need to cast the special skill for the family bonus to activate.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

This section will be updated after release.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Slayers of Fell Shadows Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v40]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Maeve ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Maeve.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Maeve and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Maeve worth summoning for?

• Would you use Maeve on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Maeve ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Maeve as an opponent?

• Would you give Maeve Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Maeve’s character design?

• If you Summoned Maeve and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Maeve, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Chakkoszrot when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Maeve, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Maeve (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Chakkoszrot), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Rare Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 33.2% chance of summoning Maeve.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 55 times out of 100, you’ll get Maeve by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Maeve by pull 75 (19,700 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Maeve by pull 115 (30,100 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 45 out of every 100 people won’t get Maeve by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 446,630 of those players wouldn’t get Maeve * 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Maeve by the 75th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :seven::five: times, 48,675 of those players wouldn’t get Maeve
  • 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Maeve by the 115th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned :one::one::five: times, 9,710 of those players wouldn’t get Maeve

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Other Slayers Heroes:

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Maeve

:question: Is Maeve worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Maeve compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Maeve is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Maeve’s Special Skill match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Maeve’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Primary)
  • Damage Dealer (Support)
  • Defence Debuffer

0 voters

:question: Is Maeve worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Maeve is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Maeve will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

I would like this hero for raid tournaments.

4 Likes

Absolutely.as i just red all heroes specs and specials. This one seems the most op for mw. However we’ll see how will it work with slow mana as you need to proc def down asap. Maybe im overrating her

2 Likes

Got her with my first coin pull.

Will level her definitely (no other purple at the moment to do) but I have no idea how well she will work.
For rush tournament she will be be great probably, but for buff booster and no heal not so sure, most of the time something faster or with buffs works better there…

9 Likes

Nice one @ferg. :+1:

Last challenge event I missed out on Bauchan once again. This time I’ll probably miss out on a single Slayer hero.

Just not my summoning portal. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Her next to gilra vfast 3* could bee fun sure they over right each other… but if gilra fires first then this chick ouch…

1 Like

…then C Renfeld, C Oberon, and Bjorn. Good night.

2 Likes

Finally purple gets a defense dropper, and a really good one at that (well for rush anyway). 3* no yellow rush this chick is gonna wreck some serious face, maxed one now work on another two.

4 Likes

Defence path with mana node…

Attack path with mana node…

12 Likes

Should be pretty sick in the VF format tourneys.

1 Like

Happy with this hero and leveled her, now the next question…give her or Tyrum C a limit break (have 5 Aether I at the moment). :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Got Maeve levelled immediately & used in the Slayer Rare to auto farm… was fun seeing her take care of self along with Noril… with both type of stacks. Like this hero.

Pulled multiple… bcoz of her hit-3, plan to have 2nd ready for rush tournaments / events !

Got 5 mini dark aethers… feel she will get it…for her DD role in play…

3 Likes

8 Likes

OK first day in the rush tournament and must say she is great.

Limit broken full on attack

She is probably a perfect all-around hero for rush. She hits really hard, probably one of the hardest hitting hit 3 heroes and her - 44% def down is huge.
I was a little bit frightened how the stacks will work out with only 1 slayer, but in reality that’s no problem. 3 out of 5 battles she reached max stack and the other two she was close but the battle was over to fast.

Her stacks are great, especially 50 hp heal each round is huge and completely negates the need for a healer, if I get more slayers will lvl them for sure, even 2 or 3 Maeves could be great for rush.

Stack 10

A last point which probably gets a little bit less attention. Her passive ability. Putting dot in half is huge in rush 3* tournaments. There are Oberon (especially with costume and uncleansable dot) jahinger and maybe the sand hero. All very common and with some color restrictions there is a lack of cleaners. So that is also huge, reducing the dot paired with the self heal makes her nearly imun against dot.

8 Likes

I agree, it is 10% more over Tiburtus.
It is an alternative Titan teams if we do not have Cheshire Cat, same 44% defdown, but cat is 1 turn longer and fast.

4 Likes

I’ve been using Maeve with Noril in this tourney, and they are really good in Rush tourneys. I’m glad I picked up 2 of each. I’m ascending a second set now. Slayers would dominate rush wars and tourneys.

3 Likes

I will LB Maeve over Tyrum C. Her DD is more useful IMO and she hits three with minor self-healing. LB will boost her survivability a lot.

1 Like

Did you go sword or shield with emblems?
Any insight after using it for tournaments which way to go with talents? :blush:

I’m happy with this decision, her self heal, class and dot reduction made her in nearly all battles last hero standing also those I lost she most of the time died last. If I get a second would probably emblem the same way.

After one week of rush I’m staying with my original comment, absolutely devastating in this mode.
I’m not sure if I would use her in no heal tournament, there her stack loose a little bit and most of the time speed is crucial there. For buff booster I will try her she is a overall great dark 3* hero.

8 Likes