⚖️ Nemesis - 5* Holy / Yellow from Tower of Styx

New Styx hero is released: Nemesis

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Nemesis, as well as your thoughts on Nemesis.

Nemesis

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Paladin
ST
Styx
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 945 843 1593
4/90 1082 965 1823
Origin Family
Tower of Styx Styx
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Resist Defense Ailments
This character has innate resistance against status ailments that affect defense. Applies also to status ailments that affect elemental defense.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Day of Reckoning
  • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 500% damage to the target.
    • For 3 turns each time an enemy’s mana is increased by a Special Skill, status effect, level property, passive skill, family effect or minion, they receive 250 damage.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 640% damage to the target.
    • All enemies are immune to new status effect buffs for 3 turns. Attempted mana generation buffs will be replaced by -34% mana generation for 4 turns.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 680% damage to the target.
    • All enemies are immune to new status effect buffs for 3 turns. Attempted mana generation buffs will be replaced by -34% mana generation for 4 turns.
    • For 3 turns, each time an enemy’s mana is increased by a Special Skill, status effect, level property, passive skill, family effect on minion, they receive 250 damage.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Styx Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 40% / 60% / 80% chance to cast -30% mana generation to all enemies for 2 turns when this hero casts their Special Skill.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Nov 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

1x Charge Damage is increased to 470% from 440%.
2x Charge Damage is increased to 610% from 580%
3x Charge Damage is increased to 650% from 620%
The mana generation ailment is now 4 turn long instead of 3.
The damage on gaining mana is increased to 200 from 150.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Tower of Styx Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Nemesis ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Nemesis.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Nemesis and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Nemesis worth summoning for?

• Would you use Nemesis on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Nemesis ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Nemesis as an opponent?

• Would you give Nemesis Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Nemesis’s character design?

• If you Summoned Nemesis and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Nemesis, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Nemesis when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Nemesis, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Nemesis (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Nemesis), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Nemesis (post release)

:question: Is Nemesis worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Nemesis would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Nemesis’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage on Mana Increase Debuffer
  • Buff Immunizer (with mana generation debuff possibility)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Nemesis compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Nemesis’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Nemesis’s Base Stats?

Note this means Nemesis’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Nemesis worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Nemesis is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Nemesis is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Nemesis worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Nemesis then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

Great Snipper with a very good secondary skill. Charge 2 and 3 look very powerful in theory. Love to see them in action. i already hate facing Nyx and Hypnos. Nemesis will be a great wing

1 Like

First, they release W3K heroes with very powerful family bonus.
Then, they release a clear counter-hero (5*, not 4*) to that family bonus.

Repeat this procedure.

4 Likes

I know that it is irrelevant and all, but this icon :man_superhero: is similar to that one used for villains.
What I think when I hear Styx is:

• Charon, the ferryman → boat :rowing_man:
  • a river → water :ocean:
  • a coin → the toll for the ferry :coin:
    Or simply death :skull: or a dark key :old_key: as an attribute of Hades and a symbol of an entrence to the Underworld.
4 Likes

Meh. My concerns:

1. He’s just a sniper. Yes, he hits like a truck and will likely 1-shot anyone who’s not at 100% health. But that’s still just a sniper.
  2. The single charge mana boost doesn’t stop the boost, does it? It just inflicts 150 damage. That’s great vs. e.g. Ariel and Toxicandra, but is pretty useless against Xnolphod as he will boost 20% just once. I don’t think his 440% and a single 150 damage will kill Xnolphod by itself, although it probably will with a few yellow tiles. But if you get those few tiles, Xnolphod will probably die anyway. So I don’t really see how he is useful against Xnolphod, who is the biggest problem with mana boosting on defense. He doesn’t stop the boost and you may as well bring 3 other yellows instead that do a hit-3 instead of bringing 2 and this guy who’s just a sniper.
6 Likes

@PlayForFun looks like this hero’s special has been buffed upon released.

• 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 470% damage to the target.
    • For 3 turns each time an enemy’s mana is increased by a Special Skill, status effect, level property, passive skill, family effect or minion, they receive 200 damage.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 610% damage to the target.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 650% damage to the target.
    • All enemies are immune to new status effect buffs. Attempted mana generation buffs will be replaced by -34% mana generation for 4 turns.
    • For 3 turns, each time an enemy’s mana is increased by a Special Skill, status effect, level property, passive skill, family effect on minion, they receive 200 damage.
6 Likes

Thx, I have updated the OP.
I will review the other heroes too later.

3 Likes

Great sniper indeed but secondary skills are not that interesting.
And the era of snipers has passed loooooong time ago. I dont see her or Erebus making the top teams.

1 Like

Against families like Asgard, she can just deal free damage to them.

1 Like

Well, she’s in fact a very good anti-meta hero.

• For 3 turns each time an enemy’s mana is increased by a Special Skill, status effect, level property, passive skill, family effect or minion, they receive 200 damage.

The first, VF 470% snipe is great against purple tanks, Xnol in particular. You either kill him (which is often the case with such a strong snipe) or reduce his heal by this 200 dmg. Now, I often use Thor for this purpose. After sending some yellow tiles to Xnol, the first hammer usually kills the Squid. With her, it’s much easier.

The greatest looser of Nemesis emergence is Hawthorn. He’s two days in the game, and he got a direct counter.

4 Likes

She looks gangster AF though. She’s like ‘yo, what’s up’

5 Likes

Here’s the full image

7 Likes

Looks more like she’s trying to hail a taxi…lol & ofcourse if I want her so I’ll get everyone but!
Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

I see it more like the universal hand gesture when you’re driving and want to say “Hey! Wtf is this guy doing?” She’s kind of got that look on her face too imo

7 Likes

She is not a normal sniper but a vf sniper at 1st tier. And if I read the special correctly, every enemy who gets a manaboost receives 200 damage. That is pretty awesome especially against teams using Xnol.

Edit:
The Xnol nerf indirectly nerfs Nemesis. She can still be used as a very fast sniper and is very usefull against the Kingdom family mana bonus. But I think she deserves a buff now as the before mentioned pro’s are very niche. I am holding on with maxing now.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s good that the secondary ability affects all enemies, where as with Erebus it only affects one which is a bit of a shame :thinking:

@dansing I saw your YT review of her and just in response to that, I can confirm that the secondary ability in her first charge affects all enemies.

6 Likes

Of the ones available, this is the one I wanted so it figures I’ve pulled them all except her! 2 were early from SS and the other red from this round of styx…guess I will save my tokens for later and gems for another portal… so disappointing.

I wish everyone the very best of luck!!!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear you didn’t get her, but I mean congrats on Erebus as you have 3/4 of the Styx heroes currently available :smile: Did you do a lot of pulls or were you lucky with the offers?

2 Likes

This hero needs a buff. Pretty bad at it’s current state and meta.

3 Likes