šŸŽƒ Lucinda - 5* Dark / Purple from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

New Return to Morlovia Hero is released: Lucinda

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Lucinda, as well as your thoughts on Lucinda.

Lucinda

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Sorcerer
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 932 1003 1887
4/90 1066 1148 2159
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Might of the Excalibroom
  • Deals 470% damage to target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -40% accuracy for 6 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense for 6 turns.
  • The caster regenerates 918 HP over 6 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Self healing over time is reduced from 1218 to 918.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 2 of New Return to Morlovia Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v60]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Lucinda ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Lucinda.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Lucinda and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Lucinda worth summoning for?

• Would you use Lucinda on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Lucinda ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Lucinda as an opponent?

• Would you give Lucinda Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Lucindaā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Lucinda and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Lucinda, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Lucinda when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Lucinda, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Lucinda (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Lucinda), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Lucinda (post release)

:question: Is Lucinda worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Lucinda would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Lucindaā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Accuracy Debuffer
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Healer (Over Time)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Lucinda compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Lucindaā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Lucindaā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Lucindaā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Lucinda worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Lucinda is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Lucinda is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Lucinda worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Lucinda then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • Itā€™s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Iā€™m not sure i care about any of these new 5*. might be a pass for meā€¦ Save the pulls for mother north and a second pengi.

2 Likes

She is like Kunchen got updated with Rigardā€™s 5* costume.

Dark - :white_check_mark:
Slow - :white_check_mark:
Defense Down - :white_check_mark:
Heals over time - :white_check_mark:

Accuracy debuff added rather than attack up but because that is one thing Kunch didnā€™t do, make it to target and nearby instead of all and update to todayā€™s powercrept stats.

Extra defense against Holy - :x: Nope, sorry

Kunchen ??? Kunch never did damage. This guy is decent. Thereā€™s not an overload of purple hit x3. Pity heā€™s slow. Not a huge fan of slow hit x3ā€™s. Reduce damage & make average. With the greatest of respect, I donā€™t know how u wud compare to Kunch tho bud, 1 is a support hero & the other is a damage dealer.

3 Likes

It seems her self healing is reduced.
The OP is adjusted. Polls are now enabled.

3 Likes

Amusing coincidence: I was the beta tester who suggested her self healing be reduced to match Milady. Of course I pull her and wish I had kept my mouth shut.

18 Likes

If the DD was 44% it will interest me. Not a lot of new gen heroes have status effects with massive 6 turns.

5 Likes

theres a reason for that lolz

Meh. Does a lot of everything but not at the speed you need. Who cares about a self heal and 470% to three at slow speed, when you have fast and average speed heroes who do better? She doesnā€™t fit into rush either because there are far better heroes. Sheā€™ll only find a place with people with a weak roster.

5 Likes

she is not even close to milady.
it wasnā€™t a good comparisonā€¦

this portal is a skip for me

3 Likes

so you would have been more content with Lucinda hitting all for 470%, -40% accuracy to all, -34% defense to all and regenerates 918 to all for 6 turns?

The answer would be: Oh no! She is too OP!!
She isnā€™t a musketeer and the price and summon percentage arenā€™t the same

1 Like

Exactly my point. Everyone is used to OP or trash. This is what a balanced hero looks like.

10 Likes

Good point but Iā€™m sure some people are frustrated at the fact that they keep releasing OP heros and not just balanced herosā€¦so when a player gets lucky with a pull but gets a ā€œbalancedā€ hero when im sure they would rather have one of the OP heros.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t this the case, everyone wants an OP hero. Balanced is not good enough

The ratio of appearance of an OP hero is 0,2/0,3%%, but Morlovia is 1,3% (In the case of Lucinda). This is a slot machine, if you wanna pay, soon or later youā€™ll have it

Itā€™s not that balanced isnā€™t good enough. No one knows what a balanced hero is. Balance to most players is associated with trash. Lucinda is a balanced hero go check the polls whether sheā€™s worth summoning for.

Sheā€™s a beast alone. Find and pair her with the right heroes. Youā€™ll start seeing threads about Lucinda needing a nerf.

2 Likes

Personally, I am not impressed with this one. As a slow hero with a powerful hit, she certainly has her place in rush. However, there are any number of powerful, slow purple heroes. So she doesnā€™t stand out too much there.

But what about outside of rush? If the Morlovia family bonus were a bit stronger, with a 5% mana bonus for 1 hero, definitely After all, this would allow her to charge in 9 tiles with a Magic/Styx troop (20%), mana node (4%), bard bonus (5%), and Morlovia bonus (5% if it were changed), for a total of 34%, or just enough to bring her to 9-tiles. But because the Morlovia family bonus is only 3% for one hero, she can only hit +32% mana generation, which still leaves her at 10 tiles, or 4 matches to charge. This in the current meta where speed is very desirable. Thatā€™s not say a slow hero cannot be viable, merely that they will have a harder time of it. So what does Lucinda actually do?

• 470% damage to 3. Strong, but not that much higher than the ~400-420% damage of modern average speed heroes.
  • -40% accuracy to 3. Useful enough in a vacuum I suppose, but to get the most out of a blind you ideally want to set it up before the enemy fires. At slow speed, that probably is not happening.
  • -34% defense to 3. Again, useful enough, but you really want your defense drops to fire before your other heroes. Unless you are running several slow heroes besides her, that likely isnā€™t happening either.
  • 918 HP/6 turns for herself. Slow HoT is risky. In many cases, you will have taken considerable damage before a slow hero fires. Having an additional delay on the healing could be fatal.

Ultimately, I think her fatal flaw is that most of her skills want to be fired earlier than her speed allows, and aside from her damage, none are particularly impactful relative to other heroes. cMoreau can provide the same blind at Fast speed. cTinurtus can provide the same defense drops to even more enemies at faster speed, and her healing, while relatively high, is limited only to herself and this lacks the team support of even a slow healer.

Personally, I stand by my beta feedback. She tries to do too much, and in the process excels at nothing. I would have much preferred if they pruned off one or maybe two of her skills and adjusted the rest accordingly.

E.g.

• 470% damage to target and nearby
  • -60% defense to target and nearby for 6 turns

Definitely exciting. If nothing else, she would finally be a great purple defense droppers for titans. And while speed would still hinder the efficacy of her skills, at least a large defense drop would help tile damage. And purple has quite a few very fast heroes who could benefit from it on their second charge.

• 470% damage to target and nearby
  • -40% accuracy to target and nearby
  • +45% dodge chance to caster and nearby

Leaves a lot up to chance still, but it has potential to be interesting with up to a 1/3 chance to get hit. Plus the secondary effects are not entirely hindered by Aramis/Hathor.

But with no standout effect and just a set of effects that donā€™t particularly complement one another, she seems unexciting.

11 Likes

I agree with ya @IgH , and am surprised this one (and Amber) have fans [already], despite being much lesser than even past seasonal 5* (Tinsel and Xiaotu)

This one is a slower Tinsel, that doesnā€™t justify the speed with better effects / damage, as fast vs slow is huge. Not only that, but as a dark slow, has far too much competition when it comes to rush formats than any other element.

Then thereā€™s Amber, who is akin to todayā€™s meta Morgan le Fay. Sheā€™ll be annoying as a wing defensively, but realistically, has no team-play or additional utility to make her truly great past that. Making her just an average speed selfish sniper, plain and simple.

All these heroes are OK, but honestly, if youā€™ve gotta be stingy with EHT, saving for another seasonal is most def the option Iā€™d recommend. As these two ainā€™t nothing special, unfortunately. (The green dude and Alucard are the only true prizes imo)

6 Likes