🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of New Return to Morlovia Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v60]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the Round 2 of New Return to Morlovia Heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Return to Morlovia Heroes

*There are a total of three (3) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for Return to Morlovia.

*The names of the new heroes are:

• Legendary: Amber, Edwin, Lucinda

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger, when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family:

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1/ 2 / 3 Heroes:

+3% / 6% / +12 mana generation.

Event Hero Bonus

The members of this family have additional perks in the Halloween event.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Amber - Vampire Blood Warrior
  • Edwin - Cunning Butler
  • Lucinda - Wielder of Excalibroom

Amber -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Amber – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 933

Attack: 927
Defense: 885
HP: 1689

Class: Fighter
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Average
Family: Morlovia
Aether power: Vampire

Passive: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.

Special Skill: Spear of Blood Pact

• Deals 660% damage to the target.
  • Heals the caster for 100% of the damage dealt.
  • The target resists healing and receives 300 damage per each resisted healing for 4 turns.

Edwin -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Edwin – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 891
Defense: 924
HP: 1699

Class: Paladin
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Fast
Aether Power: Attack Up

When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.

Special Skill: Hemlock Tea

• Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • The attack bypasses defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.
  • The enemies can’t get their other status effects cleansed from Special Skills for 3 turns.

Lucinda -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Lucinda – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 865
Defense: 931
HP: 1751

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Slow
Aether Power: Regen

Special Skill: Might of the Excalibroom.

• Deals 470% damage to target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -40% accuracy for 6 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense for 6 turns.
  • The caster regenerates 1218 HP over 6 turns.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• August 17, 2023 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

9 Likes

Are the passives to Steal Buff correct? They were reduced from 100% to 50% previously

4 Likes

Thx, I have just created the topic based on the last year’s topic, and I have not recalled any change on the passive.
I have just checked, and it is 50% indeed. It is now fixed in the OP.

1 Like

It was part of the Dec 2022 balance update. They reduced both the family bonus and the passive steal chance.

2 Likes

Amber and Edwin look like the better ones. Self healing sniper is an interesting concept. For the 3rd effect of Edwin’s skill, can the Monk class resist that effect should the talent take effect?

1 Like

more 5s, lovely. wish we could get some more 4s too, much better chance of getting those.

although if all the new heroes are 5*, will make it a bit easier for me to decide which seasonal portal to keep my EHTs for.

4 Likes

No costume for Matilda and company? :confused:

Pretty horrible in general.

All these 3 heroes looks exactly like other already existing heroes. No costumes for other heroes. No new rares. Or epics.

No balance adjustment to current marlovia heroes.

Only 3 almost impossible to pull heroes. Even if you pull them, aren’t that exclusive or game changing.

:-1:t2::-1:t2::-1:t2::-1:t2::-1:t2::-1:t2:

6 Likes

More of the usual uninspired greedy garbage from $G.

1 Like

So this request by @Jack.O.Kent to buff Sha Wujing is valid

1 Like

I really like these heroes, however………,

Halloween is all about evil spirits returning from the grave.

So we need a nasty reviver!

2 Likes

And this guy!

@CobraKai

6 Likes

And mana generation is now +3%/6%/9%, as mentioned family bonus was also reduced.

2 Likes

I reckon there’ll be costumes and the stats will be boosted.

:euro:

1 Like

These heroes look meh. On a positive at least there aren’t heroes that a lot of people will get and then nerfed a few months later

Will this update include changing th artwork for Matilda and Goopy? And they sound like they’re not going to be wraiths or scarecrows or reapers. Vlad and Valeria still collecting dust. Might as well just make them 5* heroes now or remove them entirely from the game and reimburst 300 gems.

Did some 20+ RAiDs against TP 5000 to 5700…. with ONLY these 3 in my attack team…. Won 80% :bangbang:

• Have described it in my Beta Talks video….

• All the 3 (Amber, Edwin, Lucinda) were +20 & LB1.

• Will now LB2 them & try the same number : 20 RAiDs….

I recommend, saving / collecting EHTs for these 3 heroes.

• Edwin is the green :four_leaf_clover:Sobek…
4 Likes

Can someone tell me if I understand this correctly?

I feel like the wording implies that if my team has this ailment, and I use Rigard (for example), he should cleanse this ailment, but not any other ailment my team has.

Is that how it works?

Still no Van Helsing? Meh …

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s the same effect that Zarel gives, and hers works like that, so I’d assume it’s the same with him.

1 Like