🎃 Wayne - 5* Holy / Yellow from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

New Return to Morlovia Hero is released: Wayne

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Wayne, as well as your thoughts on Wayne.

NOTE: Wayne will officially launch at “” (07:00 GMT).

Wayne will NOT yet be available when this post initially launches.

Wayne

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Wizard
VF
Very Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1276 1207 1554
4/90 1460 1381 1778
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
vampire Vampire At the start of each battle, this Hero heals 100% of dealt normal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Blood Illusion
  • All enemies receive 284 Bleed damage over 2 turns. The caster absorbs 30% of the dealt Bleed damage as health.
  • The caster steals 60% of any healing applies to all enemies for 2 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Bleed damage is increased from 260 to 284, and the absorbed health is increased from 25% to 30%.
  • Healing steal is increased from 55% to 60%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of New Return to Morlovia Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v70]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Wayne ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Wayne.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Wayne and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Wayne worth summoning for?

• Would you use Wayne on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Wayne ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Wayne as an opponent?

• Would you give Wayne Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Wayne’s character design?

• If you Summoned Wayne and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Wayne, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Wayne when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Wayne, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Wayne (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Wayne), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Wayne (post release)

:question: Is Wayne worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Wayne would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Wayne’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Over time with healing steal)
  • Healing Stealer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Wayne compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Wayne’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Wayne’s Base Stats?

Note this means Wayne’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Wayne worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: Is Wayne worth giving Master Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Wayne is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Wayne is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Wayne worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Wayne then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Looks really weak even for very fast speed, hope he will get a buff on release

3 Likes

Even if he was a 4* he would be weak…
No idea why to release a hero like this in 2024…

4 Likes

Awe… :pensive: I was looking forward to the new morlovia heroes. Chester sounded cool and a stat boost for Dracula wouldn’t hurt…

At current numbers, this guy is just a SE material and no more. 260 over 2 turns means 130 each turn which is nothing. Then 25% of 650 is 160 hp recovery. I mean, is this a joke or what? He is a terrible hero even if he charges in 3 tiles.

5 Likes

I can see that he is just a booster to Zarga i.e. to make Zarga VF together with him.

Otherwise, hardly see any points from him. Look extremely weak.

I mean, come on, 260 bleeds, is this guy 3* ??
:thinking:

2 Likes

I’d probably ascend this one. With all the ungodly overpowered healers out there,
a very fast hero that neuters healing is useful.

4 Likes

This is quite a shame or you just need this hero to kill the healing because the damage he deals is clearly to weak for the actual meta… This isthe one I really don’t want among the two others and I am sure I will get him :rofl:

Pulled 2 legendary heroes with my free pulls, Wayne and Kadilen. On his own, he feels underwhelming, but i do have matilda to try pairing him with… i do like the fact he steals 60% of healing from all enemies. At very fast that will be nice. As a free pull, im happy :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The hero card is updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

2 Likes

I’m one of those people who appreciates a hero who doesn’t do a million things at once. But due to the nature of the game being out of control regarding the power creep, he just really doesn’t do anything at this point.
If he was released 3-4 years ago he would have been an awesome hero to use. But now, it’s not even close to being useful
Should have been sorcerer, wizard is a terrible class for him

3 Likes

Yep, I pulled Wayne and Quintus :clown_face: really wanted c.alucard as I have the base 2LB but got this guy instead. Had to laugh, he’s so bad!

1 Like

Had 22 EHT saved, pulled him with those. At first I was thinking that “yay I pulled a fresh new 5* hero, cant be bad at this time and age”. But seems it doesnt apply for Seasonal Event heroes, this card seems so lame. There are Toon heroes that have +6000 hp with the troops, even if this hero was at 4/90+25 that 400 dot over 2 turns is laughable… Yea it can block healing nicely at very fast speed, but there’s so many resists these days for ailments.

This poll question really needs to have a new option added, and this hero would be a good time to add it:

Soul Exchange.

That is where this hero will give the most utility to a player.

3 Likes

I think this option here is good if you would want to vote for such:

The other vote is for what you would use if you would level him.

3 Likes

It’s always a great feeling you check the forums and realise it’s the garbage one you pulled :sweat_smile:

21 Likes

I know that not all heroes will be amazing and some need to be designed ■■■■■■, but can they at least make these ■■■■■■ heroes with some competency at this day and age? Even a simple heal three for him makes him a lot better

2 Likes

I guess they’re trying to make him into a yellow uthragan, and uthragan in his debut is a menace in low tier. The uthragan tanks down there are a pain to deal with and he is really underestimated
Needs to be 3 turns, needs at least 200 bleed damage, needs to absorb 50% health

1 Like

if he dispel first and then rest
maybe he will be interesting especially to pair with matilda

2 Likes