:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 688 743 1378
4/80 797 861 1598
Origin Family
League of Villains Villains
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Impairing Blade
  • Deals 280% damage to the all enemies.
  • Reduces the duration of the target and nearby enemies’ buffs by 1 turn.
  • All enemies get corrosive poison for 4 turns. Corrosive Poison does 50 damage and lowers the target’s mana generation by -9% each turn.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

All-in-one still under construction, will be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family.

Villains Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 10% / 30% / 50% chance to heal for 15% / 35% / 70% of dealt damage when attacking an enemy.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

Note on Corrosive Poison & interraction with other effects.

Some clarifications on the corrosive effects:

• Corrosive doesn’t override undispellables
  • Corrosive overrides dispellables (so normal burn doesn’t override corrosive burn)
  • Undispellables overrides corrosive
  • Corrosive overrides stacks
  • Corrosives secondary effects can stack with other similar ones e.g. Dark Lords corrosive poison with Little Johns minus mana generation
  • Dark Lords corrosive poison can be mana shielded by clerics due to the secondary effect
  • HOTMs can resists the whole corrosive effect, if they are immune to first or secondary effect e.g. Reuben and Ranvir both can resist Dark Lords status ailment

:test_tube: Beta Changes

• Corrosive Poison now does -9% mana not -12% as we saw in beta.

N O other changes to Ingolf from last seen beta build.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New League of Villains Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v35]

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 25.1% chance of summoning Ingolf.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 43 times out of 100, you’ll get Ingolf by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Ingolf by pull 104 (27,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Ingolf by pull 160 (41,600 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 56 out of every 100 people won’t get Ingolf by the 20th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :two::zero: times, 560,860 of those players wouldn’t get Ingolf

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Ingolf by the 104th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::zero::four: times, 49,440 of those players wouldn’t get Ingolf

• 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Ingolf by the 160th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned :one::six::zero: times, 9,790 of those players wouldn’t get Ingolf

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Other League of Villains Heroes:

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ingolf (post release)

:question: Is Ingolf worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ingolf would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

:question: What do you think Ingolf’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Support Damage Dealer
  • Buff Duration Reduction
  • Corrosive Effect (Poison & Mana Debuff)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ingolf compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Ingolf’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Ingolf worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ingolf is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Ingolf will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Interesting game mechanic, I would like to get them for that alone.

I’m thinking how it would play and I am little torn. My initial thought is it may be lackluster compared to other special event 4’s. It also seems somewhat lackluster for a 4* in general in some ways.

Closest comparison I see is Little John.

• They’re both slow.
  • LJ hit all at a much higher A value, Ingolf hits 3 with a lower A value.

It gets a little trickier from there. LJ reduces mana gen by 64% for 3 turns. Ingolf does a 12% reduction plus 50 DoT damage. Over 3 turns adding 150 damage to hit initial hit may make their overall damage to an individual hero greater than LJ’s.

The mana slow confuses me. Does it maintain the 12% reduction for 3 turns or do the 12’s stack each turn so it is say 36% by the third turn? Either way it would seem LJ is better for mana control, but if you’re rolling will vanilla mana control anything helps (as I have vented elsewhere already). If it holds 12% for 3 turns that seems relatively minor.

I am also a little confused on the buff reduction. Does it reduce an active enemy buff that is active during casting? Any enemy buff that goes into effect during the 3 turns that Ingolf’s special is in effect?

Kind of a confusing hero until someone can play with them, but unique, which is nice. Overall it seems they do a lot of things, but nothing well:

• Damage pretty low, slightly better with 150 DoT
  • Mana control is negligible at 12% reduction. Certainly couldn’t reliably be used by himself for that.
  • The buff reduction is there … 1 turn is helpful, but situational. Maybe they over value this aspect and that’s why they kept the rest so low? Maybe I am dumb and missing something too.

A lot of competition for fighter class too, so I am not sure they would be high on anyone’s list for emblems. Reviving would help if he is slow. Average mana wouldn’t seem a stretch :thinking:

Overall I am excited for something new and hope I get them just to play around!

Good luck out there!

:beers:

2 Likes

He is severly underpowered in comparison with other 4* event heroes.

Even Proteus beats him handily with average mana and complete freeze 3 or normal Tiburtus with hit 3 and 290% + dmg splash to other two.

They need to buff him!

His hit 3 needs to be changed to all enemies, so he will still be in dmg behind normal Colen but atleast bring something else along…

weak overalll

8 Likes

Yep. Very underpowered. But I want to be his friend. I want to learn how to play his game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not sure I understand. Proteus may be frail but he is the best 4* mana controller, possibly the best in the whole game. He’s a terrific hero. Are you suggesting he’s not saying “even Proteus beats him”?

Certainly seems that way but I didn’t want to make this a buffing thread before the hero is out. We see that enough already :laughing:

:beers:

1 Like

Sad damage. Buff reduction duration is ‘something new’ but significantly weaker than just your good old dispell (similarly to Reuben’s DoT cut compared to cleanse).

Seems to have some space to explore in Very Fast 4 star tournaments - he can make a good tank there, especially with no yellows (not sure if such version of tournament exist though). I’m not gonna get too excited for him. He reminds me of Jabbar - maxed him like almost 2 years ago and probably used like 2-3 times since. A weird purple doing a lot of things but just can’t fit anywhere.

5 Likes

Good comparison! Jabbar and Ingolf are bot premium heroes, both 4* dark heroes and do similar amount of different stuff… And Ingolf abilites arent any stronger but he is slower…

SG please tweak Sangrior and Ingolf before they come out… They are of -% interest to player base in 95%

5 Likes

No problem in proteus beating him from mana control standpoint. But then Ingolf cant be slow on top of that vs average speed Proteus.

The only situation buff duration reduction is used for effectively is to wear off undispellable buffs like elemental links faster. But 1 turn is too little, 2 turns would be better

I’m having trouble seeing the use of this hero (villain?). As someone above pointed out, Proteus outmatches him for mana control hands down.

So is it just me, or is this guy a strictly worse Mist that’s slow instead of fast?

Had the luck of pulling him, and I’m kind of at a loss.

I’ve been thinking LJ this whole time based on slow mana, but you bringing up Mist makes me realize how bad Ingolf is. He’s not totally useless, but I generally only see him being valuable in very fast wars.

1 Like

I think even for a fast tournament, this Ingolf dude is going to be worse than most Average Purples. Total trash.

Just got him and Dawa from the summons.
Get in the bin.

1 Like

Expensive food. Just like the Blue 4☆ that Heals 3 with the Nature buff. Who thinks up these things!?

Seriously broken hero, got him 5 times ofc. At current form not sure if keeping one worth the place in my hero storage.

2 Likes

I really hope SG makes a patch note soon with tweaks to sangrior , Ingolf and Karnov

Quite frankly one of the worst 4* in the game. Either he should be average, or hit everybody to justify the slow mana. Dark lord is his 5* fellow and he hits one pretty hard and gives ailments to three at FAST. Of course, 5* should be better, but this is a Grand Canyon between the two.

2 Likes

I am starting to feel like the whole league of villains is pretty underwhelming and mister Ingolf is the flagship of it.

2 Likes