🦹‍♂️ Dark Lord – 5* Dark/ Purple from League of Villains

Dark Lord

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
Level Attack Defense Health

4/85 863 808 1462
4/90 988 924 1673
Origin Family
League of Villains Villains
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Doomstrike
  • Delas 550% damage to the target.
  • Reduces the duration of the target and nearby enemies buffs by 1 turn.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive corrosive poison for 4 turns. The corrosive poison deals 64 damage and lowers the target’s mana generation by -13% each turn for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

All-in-one still under construction, will be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family.

Villains Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

  • 10% / 30% / 50% chance to heal for 15% / 35% / 70% of dealt damage when attacking an enemy.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

Note on Corrosive Poison & interraction with other effects.

Some clarifications on the corrosive effects:

    • Previously, Corrosive effects would override “regular” effects, but not the other way around
  • Burn/Frost/Poison will now override Corrosive Burn/Frost/Poison, and vice versa
  • Stack effects will continue to be unaffected by status effects
  • Corrosives secondary effects can stack with other similar ones e.g. Dark Lords corrosive poison with Little Johns minus mana generation
  • Dark Lords corrosive poison can be mana shielded by clerics due to the secondary effect
  • HOTMs can resists the whole corrosive effect, if they are immune to first or secondary effect e.g. Reuben and Ranvir both can resist Dark Lords status ailment

:test_tube: Beta Changes

There have been no changes to Dark Lord from last seen beta build.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New League of Villains Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v35]

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Dark Lord.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

  • 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Dark Lord by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Dark Lord by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Dark Lord by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Dark Lord by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

  • 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Dark Lord by the 100th pull

  • If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Dark Lord

  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Dark Lord by the 1800th pull

  • If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Dark Lord

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Other League of Villains Heroes:


Feedback Poll - Dark Lord (post release)

:question: Is Dark Lord worth Summoning For?

  • Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Dark Lord would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

  • zero
  • Just one
  • 2
  • 3
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Dark Lord’s Primary Purpose is?

  • Primary Sniper
  • Support Sniper
  • Buff Duration reducer
  • Corrosive Poisoner

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Dark Lord compared to other Heroes?

  • Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Dark Lord’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

  • Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Dark Lord worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

  • Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Dark Lord is best used?

  • Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Dark Lord is best used?

  • PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Dark Lord is the hero I most want from LoV. Part of it is that I have greens and reds to level and not purples. Part is that Dark Lord will completely replace Sartana for me. I’ll totally strip her for DL. Fast sniper with mana slowing is a very simple design that works well (see Alasie).


C’mon. It’s Dark Lord. Everybody wants him.

But really, his special is okay and has good stats.

1 Like

This guy will be powerful as defense. Not so much on offense due to tiles.

Explain more please?

When you attack, you need to make tiles clear to get mana. So 7% mana reduction can be very lethal.

Yeah I get the mana generation from tiles. Where does the 7% mana reduction come into play?

Yeah I was confused about the 7% comment as well? Maybe he was confusing him with Karnov?

It seems Dark Lord isn’t getting much love for some reason? We had an average speed hero that reduced mana generation break the game. Now we have a fast mana hero that reduces mana generation.

Before you start typing the differences between Telluria and DL…I know. I’m just making a point that a hero that can hit pretty hard 390% with 800 base attack stat. He is Wizard class which gives the highest attack nodes of all classes. So he will be way over 900 attack stat fully Emblemed.

Place him next to a yellow tank…maybe Odin? Now you have a fast flank that reduces the speed of the enemy. Even though it’s not the 34% like Telly. It’s still 9% first turn, 18% 2nd turn, 27% 3rd turn. That equates to 1-3 tiles of mana reduction per hero hit. (3 heroes).

The other special is ok but not useless. He will basically reduce the buffs of heroes like BK by 33%. Instead of BK Taunt for 3 turns he only has 2 turns. That’s quite significant.

Is he a game changer like Telly was? Definitely not. But he could be a very sneaky good Flank with a Yellow Tank on defense. Especially with Emblems. He will hit hard. And make people pay. I’m simple. Give me Heroes that are Fast Speed, can Hit, Reduce mana Gen, and Lower Defenses. This hero has 3 of the 4

Yes please! I’ll take one.


Oh it’s 9%. Thought it’s 7%. I guess even better as defense.

Honestly, I feel like C-Domitia completely outclasses him

Yeah, feels Iike he is very underrated, been testing him out at low levels and I think he is going to be quite good.

1 Like

I’ve been running The Dark one on my defense last few days with really good results. He seems to fit nicely on the flank. I have enough emblems to get him to Node 19 which is the mana Node. And will be nice with my level 23 troop. I’m still waiting for food. But the results have been really good so far.

Think how much Bera causes problems with mana reduction. Now imagine a hero that doesn’t have to die to have the same or bigger effect. Plus he hits very hard. When I’m finished with him he will be 908-825-1465.

I added a few Defense Nodes to help him out since he will be my flank. But you could go all Attack and make him 938. That’s crazy!

Really good hero and if you got him you won’t regret it.

1 Like

Mines at 3-50 ( will sit at 3-70 waiting on another tabard) , definitely liking him. Will have a bit of an emblem issue but I’ll figure that out then. ( Cobalt got the bulk and Alfrike/ hel got the rest

Realized today that in the new double format, he will hit everyone with the mana slow .


Yes sir! That’s a great point and that makes him even more valuable if these formations come to main game.

1 Like

I’ve been running this defense. I haven’t Raided yet today and at 2700+ Cups. When I logged in to grab a snapshot of my defense I had won another 45 Cups from my defense. :smiley:

Good Luck and check back in once you finish leveling him.


Awesome and thanks! Been running world maps with this set up to test how they play together


My head hurt thinking about having to go against a team like that…yikes! Nice team.

1 Like

I pulled him on my last 10 pull from valentine gift. I think his best quality is the reduction of buffs by 1 on 3 heros and is a sniper. This can reduce a undespellable from 1 to 0 which IMO is a game changer, plus poison and mana reduction. A+ material to me.

1 Like

I can’t figure out where he’ll fit in my mono purple team. I’ve been running this team …

Should I drop Kunchen and add DL? Should I strip Sartana and replace her with him?