🎅 Holly -- 4* Holy / Yellow from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

New Santa’s Challenge (Christmas) Hero is released: Holly

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Holly, as well as your thoughts on Holly.

Holly

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Cleric
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 676 778 1410
4/80 784 902 1635
Origin Family
Santa’s Challenge Winter
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Hearty Stew
  • Recovers 20% heath for all allies.
  • Recovers additional 3% health per each Holy shield on the board, up to 44% health in total.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies get +14% attack, and a further 5% increase per each Holy shield on the board for 4 turns, up to +54% attack.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +2% / +3% health for Minions
  • +5% / +10% attack for Minions

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

November 2023 (2nd Balance update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Hero is renamed from Sugarplum to Holly

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Santa's Challenge Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Holly ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Holly.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Holly and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Holly worth summoning for?

• Would you use Holly on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Holly ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Holly as an opponent?

• Would you give Holly Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Holly’s character design?

• If you Summoned Holly and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Holly, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Holly when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Holly, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Holly (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Holly), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Holly (post release)

:question: Is Holly worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Holly would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Holly’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Immediate)
  • Minion Summoner
  • Attack Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Holly compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Holly’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Holly’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Holly worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Holly is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Holly is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Holly worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Holly then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

I hope they fix this hero to average at least. Not tremendously useful at slow.

6 Likes

There are better slow 4 stars than her. At slow speed she has very little use case in the game

7 Likes

Why this hero is designed this way when C-Rigard exists? But at least yellow attack booster, since those are rare. But still, meh.

5 Likes

Wow, a 4* yellow healer, who’da thunk?

looks at Gullinbursti, Wang Yuanji, Lady Woolerton, Steropes, and D’Andre

Gosh, it would be awful to be able to attack with 4* yellow.

Does Holly outrank or compare to any of the above yellow 4*?

3 Likes

Just got this lady, i won’t complain as I am happy with more yellow healers, especially a 4*
Doubt I will use her much though, she won’t get any emblems from me that’s for sure

1 Like

She is a titan hero, not so useful in pvp games if you have Gulli, Lady Woolerton on D’Andre (as is my case). But since my main titan hero is Gazelle, I will not miss her

2 Likes

So happy to finally have a yellow attack booster for titans, I just hope the minions aren’t a problem

1 Like

I have had 3 of her total, but I got rid of 2, I am not sure if I will regret it or not but I don’t want duplicates I will not (or rarely) use.

1 Like

What is the point of holly. She is a terrible healer on offense a slow healer on defense. She is a worse version of vivica as a 4*… So is the idea that she can be used on very fast events? Honestly… I don’t understand why some heroes are so dreadful and some are so overpowered.

3 Likes

Yeah just got her not over impressed … Will keep though

1 Like

It’s just good business to mix in crap with the good heroes so people feel motivated to keep pulling for the good ones

1 Like

She will pair well on the Mythic Titan with Pengi.

1 Like

I’m very interested in why Holly came to the Russian version of the game with a name with a stupid name Шугарплам? :woman_facepalming: @PlayForFun dear friend, could you please draw the attention of the staff that this is a very bad option. Шугарплам is a transliteration of the old name of the hero Sugarplum. If the hero’s name was changed for the English version, it would be correct for the Russian version to have the same name. Holly - Холли :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, as you write it seems to be her old name.
I have asked Staff to look at it.

3 Likes

thank you for your help! Now our heroine is also called Holly. :wink: :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I have updated the OP to have the Elf minion related balance change.

1 Like