⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Zocc

I like Zocc on offense, he must be played wisely.

Damage is not his primary purpose, but he works like a time stop. Even better than a time stop, because the enemy will charge mana for nothing (up to three turns) if you plan your attack + attack a friend + lose all the mana. In a fast meta it’s good to be able to slow down the game and usually there’s one particular hero you really don’t want to fire off in raids.

Of course, if you use Lianna instead, you might actually kill the target and move on (a dead enemy can’t use special skills anyway). I have a second unlevelled Lianna with costume so I think she’s going to get the mats prior to Zocc.

If Zocc was designed to be as good as Lianna he should attack three heroes. Now I know this might sound OP so damage could be reduced and the effect could last for 2 turns instead of 3.

This, or make him fast to avoid Telluria’s first special in a raid.

By the way I like that Bjorn attacks 2 heroes. This could be interesting.

So of course I’d like to have a very powerful Zocc, but I like him as he is. I just don’t think for now that he’s better than a Lianna unless against very defensive heroes which could not be taken out by 2 Lianna specials.

1 Like

I think Zocc is fairly well balanced, a slight change such as 275% increased to 375% based on how much mana the target has would be nice (like Merlin).

1 Like

Any feed back be great just pulled it. Zocc will probably never make my defence team but offence I’m more than likely to use plus have rouge emblems and my green 5* options ain’t great.

Would like if his mindless attack has been to all, or at least target and nearby (been the target The one you choose)… or change it for Hansel/Gretel’s SS

Too weak for me. Need buff!

Much better than what was originally proposed in beta, very happy with the changes made , very well balanced hero will do extremely well within a green stack and slowing down game play and neutralising Vela at least. With all these good points I’m not entirely sure if I’ll take this little fella past 3/70 due to his Achilles hill being Monks and Clerics being able to resist him at least 35% of the time . Personally I like him to be more versatile.

He needs to hit around 350%. Now he is too weak.

At his point it would seem to me that he needs to be fast. I really get most of my judgements about heroes when I am up against them. And I haven’t been in that situation yet.

Lady of the Lake reduces mana well

I don’t get it. @anchor why has Zocc 5x B on titan and a B- Totalscore? Please explain

I am not the author of the spreadsheet, but I believe this is rather fair.

He has mediocre tile damage (which is one of the main factors when evaluating titan performance), and denying the titan’s special doesn’t compensate that too well (it can be mitigated in a multitude of other ways).
Regarding the overall B-, he just doesn’t excel at anything. Single-target mana control at average speed with sub-par damage is nothing to write home about (literally a worse Merlin), and the potential to screw you over against monks, clerics, and debuff-immunity heroes like Grazul - pushes him further down to the “minus” rating.

This isnt math though!

When having 5 straight sixes the average can and may not be a five so either miscalculation or some other thing is wrong

@JonahTheBard this is about calculations from @Anchor 's spreadsheet, not about ep balancing. And now you’re putting it on ep stuff… not good

There’s a saying “a sum greater than its parts”. In this case, it’s the opposite.

I would, however, consider him C-grade on defense.

It’s part of the discussion about people’s opinions on the strength of Zocc.

And it’s not like this thread is currently overrun, so the stage is all yours :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it’s tidier to keep discussion around the strength of a hero in one place.

Any debate around his grading will inevitably include whether he’s good enough or weak or OP.

If you just want a definitive answer, only @Anchor can explain. You could try his YouTube comments, if you get no joy here.

1 Like

I’ve been testing Zocc out at 3/50, and so far that average speed really is just a huge drag. Yes when he does manage to go off and I aim him at non-monk/clerics, he does exactly what he’s intended to do, but usually in those cases the board was good enough I’d have won without him anyway. On mediocre boards, Hansel still does the job better, and I’m not afraid to use him against monk/cleric because worst case they just manashield/withstand, instead of instantly filling up and screwing me over.

Make him fast, and we’ve got a real winner on our hands. Since I already spent the shields he’s going to 3/70, but I won’t be spending any tonics on him in his present state.

2 Likes

Zocc – Mindless Attack

Based on a previous AMA, it’s clear to me that the devs think Mindless Attack is a very powerful effect and they didn’t want it to be freely put in just any 5* without some clear drawback:

Hence why Alfrike is v. slow and why Zocc hits for much less damage than other average speed snipers (see Gregorion, Domitia, Khiona).

Now personally, I do think that mindless is a strong effect, but I also don’t think it’s that good to make Zocc hit for so little damage. In a sense, I think devs somewhat overrate Mindless.

9 Likes

Couldnt agree more with you, the damage dealt by zocc is a joke, having in mind he is average and mindless attack deals a maximum of 150 dmg…

I do not consider this kind of post useful, it only feeds that many who did not get a hero and cannot with him turn their hatred and ask to be eliminated. There should not even be these posts, the hero has already left. The discussion should take place before the hero is available in the game, not after many people obtained it.

Something needs to be changed with his special. Either increase damage and make him a real sniper or change the mindless attack. Maybe make zocc similar to loki. The attacked hero should release his special skill against his own.

Give Zocc an extra Mindless Attack. One chosing and one random. Just like they did with Bjorn double attack. Afrike is very slow mana but has 5 possible Mindless Attacks.

So EP can control that “random” Mindless Attack without OP Zocc.