⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Ferant

This thread is for discussing whether Ferant is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Ferant For that, please see: 🏰 Ferant – 4* Fire / Red from Clash of Knights

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Ferant is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Ferant is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Ferant is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Ferant is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Ferant ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Ferant thread.

6 Likes

There’s a reason why he is a 4* instead of a 5. That alone should be enough of a balance to him

1 Like

… and may I ask why Ferrant is a 4*? Just look at this… is this ok? Just the stats, not even considering their special skills, where Ferrant excels… is Ferrant a 4*? I don’t think so, by all means, I think today’s meta heroes are 6* but SG won’t aknowledge this because of the 130 team cost that would prevent using a line-up of excluseve 6*…
I don’t care if Ferrant is nerfed or not, it just bothers me that he goes around as a 4*, laughing at the S1 5* heroes.

In the mean time, here’s what a 4* looks like

5 Likes

Ferant is clearly an elite 4*, that is shown by how well he does in 5* arenas.

He is not an end it all type hero and hence my belief that he does not need a nerf.

I actually find him easier to deal with in 4* battles because the teams he supports are less deadly and the likes of Proteus have a better chance of firing before dying. Clerics can resist his mana cut, 4* has several good dispellers among the S1 heroes and some elite dispellers among the event heroes (looking at you Ametrine).

Mana cutters are more effective on defense and with the killer 5* staff surrounding him he is proving extremely effective there. Good thing there is no 5* version of him (yet).

The HP stats are outlandish but several other new 4* are showing up on 5* teams in the events Cillian is there even 3* like Nordri, C-Brienne and Treevil.

There are imbalances and heroes that stand out. Ferant is not the worst offender in this regard. SG has made a conscious decision to accelerate the increase in power levels of the new heroes (“creep” is no longer an adequate term), in that regard he looks well balanced compared to many of the others (with Starfall and Villains getting buffed and the new S5 heroes).

IF he is nerfed then SG ought to be doing a much deeper evaluation of balance in the entire game. Piecemeal adjustments don’t resolve anything.

6 Likes

You’re comparing Hansel, one of the earliest 4 stars that came out. Of course he’s going to have much lower stats as compared to ferant. You may need to compare between a more recent 4 star for a fairer comparison. Like S4 or tower heroes
Btw the Chinese 3* heroes at 1-1 have almost the same stats as a 1-1 4* from season 1. I have seen it before, it is bonkers.

1 Like

Some 4 stars do have 5 star tier skills. Mist and Brynhild back then just felt like legendaries masquerading as epic heroes

1 Like

Him being a Druid with a very high health score makes him pretty tanky but he suffers from having a high attack and a middle defense score.

He have many counters in his rarity range (mainly Mist, Sonya and Griffin) and his only aspect of unbalance comes from his family bonus wich could make his effects undispellable.

But as @Ian487 pointed out the major aspect of unbalance comes from newer heroes having better stats just for the reason of being newer, making them harder to kill with older heroes.

This is expecially apparent on damaging heroes and luckily this is not his case.

1 Like

In my opinion, he have to be nerfed. Here is a reason

How does a 4* red take 5 of top 10 as tank position in 5* buff booster no purple unless he is overpower ? I mean no any Sif there but 5 Ferant :rofl:

4 Likes

This is interesting:
1 out of 5 Ferrant team didn’t have at least double green and another Wolf family Knight.
2 out of 5 Ferrant teams didn’t have a dodge hero to protect his buffs.

As Ferrant could make their special skill undispellable too the family bonus could indeed be an index of unbalance.

2 Likes

Agree.

Proteus remains incredible and fights in most wars even as my 5* ride the bench.
Brynhild x2 @+19 in my team precisely because she is that good.
Mist gave up the emblems because there was too much competition but she is insanely good and was the one I most wanted when the line-ups were unveiled.

G Jackal also fights in many wars and all titans and he has been around ages (still made of the finest gossamer thread so breath on him and he breaks but wow is he amazing).

Ferant´s special is very tough to recover from, if he fires, and you have no one to dispel. Especially if you actually have brought Ice Heroes. I tend to avoid doing that - instead I often bring Nature Heroes with Caedmon, so the counter attack won´t slash my heroes to death, before I can blink! It has done the trick more often than not, even though it might sound peculiar. Especially bringing Mist to the party has helped at times too - instead of a full mono team too. But hey, we just try what we can, with the hero collection we have.

But ideally all heroes are brought to a level where they are not so far apart in terms of stats. Also to make older heroes still attractive. But new heroes tend to be very desirable, so that the cash flow continues… :moneybag: :dollar: :blush:

The only thing wrong with Ferant are his stats, he needs to have those looked at because very few 5* heroes have a health stat that high when maxed and emblemed, so why does he? His design is ok, but the family bonus needs to be looked at for the entire set (I have all of the wolves besides Esme) and the undispellable percentage part needs to be reduced.

Actually it’s more like if you have a dispeller ready by the time he fires. I have my ferant tank in a standard formation 3-0 mono blue teams before

1 Like

This is my bar for an obvious nerf. Raid tournaments with an element restriction “power up” an element. When that elemental restriction is ignored it says a lot about the tanks of that element as well as the power/synergy of other heroes.

I originally voted no to nerf because he is a 4 star so he has natural limiations. But you have convinced me something needs to be adjusted.

3 Likes

Ferent tanks wont fare as well with the new buff stealing minions with 3 kingdom heroes. Thanks…ill take that. Now die! i definitely dont enjoy seeing a ferant out there, but ill bring my mist and hope her speed gets her off first, rendering him absolutely useless. i dont think he should be nerfed. We have all these new heroes…with season 5 coming. He will be a distant memory is the hate and complaints department.

In war… I hit him with 3 tiles with mono blue… With kiril and Alexandrine limit broken and he was hurt… But a 4*… Needs to die.

2 Likes

Ferant tanks may just be supplemented with other wolf heroes to make his counterattack undispellable. Best way to counter ferant tanks is to shut him down asap with buff blockers

I’m comparing Ferrant with Joon, a 5*. Hansel is there to show how a 4* should look. But Ferrant’s stats are a lot closer to Joon’s than Hansel’s. Most 5* heroes don’t even come close to Ferrant’s HP… calling Ferrant a 4* is like calling Tyson a lightweight…

1 Like

Comparison:

His stats are fine (the total is derived by summing attack and defense and half health). All 4 above are fully emblemed and LBd

3 Likes

Hmmm… My dear people…

Monthly event heroes are immune to nerfing. It doesn’t matter if it’s a 4*.

You’re talking about stats but they never had a single piece of care about stats. Chinese event 3* at 1-1 are almost stronger than S1 4*. Lol.

I doubt they will revamp old heroes stats without costumes or something paid, which is a shame because the specials are outta control too.

The game lost and is losing quality because of those pay to win bad management, and they’re gaining profit from it. What we can do… Nothing.

I see nice people here doing maths, collecting tournament data and comparing heroes. You’re so amazing and dedicated to the game that I feel you don’t deserve such waste of time and frustration.

They will keep pushing power and ignoring our balance updates ideas like they do for 4,5 years.

Just my two cents of how mediocre and depressing is those balance discussion threads. The game is so unbalanced I feel ridiculous for having it installed.

3 Likes