Garyas - 4* Ice / Blue from Challenge Festival 2

New Bard hero is released: Garyas

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Garyas, as well as your thoughts on Garyas.

Garyas

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Fighter
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 725 725 1401
4/80 840 840 1624
Origin Family
Challenge Festival 2 Bard
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Attack Ailment Reduction
Reduces the effect of status ailments affecting attack by 50%. The effect applies to this character and its allies in the battle.
:dizzy: Special Skill: The Mighty Crescendo
  • Deals 330% damage to the target.
  • Alter the power of all Ice shields on the board. When an attacking Hero casts the special, the shields become enchance and give +37% more mana. When a defending Hero casts the special, the shields become weakened and give -30% less mana.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Bard Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Garyas from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of Challenge Festival (Additional Bard) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v52]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Garyas ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Garyas.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Garyas and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Garyas worth summoning for?

• Would you use Garyas on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Garyas ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Garyas as an opponent?

• Would you give Garyas Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Garyas’s character design?

• If you Summoned Garyas and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Garyas, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Garyas when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Garyas, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Garyas (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Garyas), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Garyas (post release)

:question: Is Garyas worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Garyas would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Garyas’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Tile Buffer (Offense)
  • Tile Nerfer (Defense)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Garyas compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Garyas’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Garyas’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Garyas worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Garyas is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Garyas is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Garyas worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Garyas then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Seems like a very unnecessary hero, if one already has Zhabog?

The passive is different. Plus depending on the situation, red or blue mana booster could be better.

3 Likes

Of course they are different heroes, Different color, different class, different passive, different speed and different skills, the only thing that´s the same is the family bonus, I guess I wasn´t very specific.
However, the only thing I care about is that 5% mana boost family bonus and I will only use this hero in 4star rush tournaments to bring my other heroes to 6 tiles. I am mostly planning on 3-1-1 with neither red or blue heroes besides this one so in the team I am playing this hero in, these to heroes are identical.

You need to be careful saying his name.

3 Likes

Is this hero worth keeping, sounds like a mediocre one at most

1 Like

To me the most exciting thing about the bards is their family bonus to other heroes. So having 1 bard is great, having 2 is a luxury I don´t find necessary. Especially since that bonus does not require mana, so I don´t care too much what color or speed they are. Their special ability is really just a nice to have bonus.

Now the 5 star bards are whole different story of course, but among the 3 and 4stars that´s how I think.

1 Like

If you have a slow Sorcerer Monk or Druid with 5% costume Mana Bonus and a High Level Mana Magic Or Cyclopes Troop He will get ur slow hero to charge in 9 tiles CLOTL is a good example. So if you have someone similar and no other Bard heroes id say 100% worth keeping. ;?)

2 Likes

Very specific use, but yes it does work. If it is worth bringing this guy along in 5 star world… not so sure.

Speaking from my own experience I dont personally have any other Bards (Wish I did) so have to make do with him and he will get levelled at some point just so I can Get C LOTL and C Isarnia to fire in 9 tiles.

Just pulled :confused: yeah not really impressed am i missing something …
4* ice hero’s are my lowest i do like the bard special of the mana buff … Is it worth keeping for that …

3 Likes

Sadly you are not missing anything!!! He’s only Titan hero… Which jott is too…
But I’ll keep him bcz I’m a keeper

1 Like

How do you pronounce his name anyways?
I thought it’s gary-yas

1 Like

came to see if this guy was worth keeping and leveling. I can’t see or have read anything here that would suggest keeping Garyas. Guess I’ll have to show him to the new guy that I got from Soul Exchange. Guan Yu needs training

Any opinions on this hero after so long? The 37% mana generation tiles enhancement seems very strong when playing tournaments with a mono or 4+1 team. What is your opinion?

Not really, the only real use is the 5% bard mana bonus.

The mana generation on tiles is close to useless:

1. You need to first charge the hero to make the tiles produce more mana, instead of this silly skill you could have charged a hero that actually does something rather than a hero that makes somebody else do something lol.
  2. Once you have matched a minimum of 10 blue tiles to charge this guy, how many more tiles do you expect to be on the board? In reality there´ll be 2 or 3 tiles that you likely can´t match anyway, because they are somewhere in the corners (otherwise you would have matched them earlier) So all you got are a few tiles that just recently fell into the board (if you´re lucky).

This skill is pretty much the worst kind of skill in the game on offense, it is slightly better on defense, as you can discourage an attacker of a certain color if your hero is placed in tank, but having Garyas as tank will make the attacker bring green, not blue, so really… no, just not an interesting skill.
Back in the day when everybody had Xnolphod tanks meant nobody could attack with their purple heroes as they would be double disadvantaged, so it had a little extra function. Obviously not the case for this guy.

3 Likes

Garyas flanking a red tank maybe. Enemy takes a blue dominant team to address the tank & Gary is in business.

Would his passive work against goblin wither or is that not an ailment?

:beers:

Goblin effect are direct applied on hero’s stats, Garyas will not have anything to do with this :frowning:

1 Like