Zarel - 3* Nature / Green from Challenge Festival 2

New Bard hero is released: Zarel

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Zarel, as well as your thoughts on Zarel.

Zarel

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Paladin
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 559 565 878
3/60 691 698 1085
Origin Family
Challenge Festival 2 Bard
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Defense Ailment Reduction
Reduces the effect of defense ailments by 50%. The effect applies to this character and its allies in the battle.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Tambourine Solo
  • Deals 260% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -34% attack for 5 turns.
  • All enemies can’t get their status ailments cleansed from Special Skill for 5 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Bard Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Zarel from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of Challenge Festival (Additional Bard) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v52]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Zarel ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Zarel.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Zarel and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Zarel worth summoning for?

• Would you use Zarel on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Zarel ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Zarel as an opponent?

• Would you give Zarel Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Zarel’s character design?

• If you Summoned Zarel and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Zarel, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Zarel when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Zarel, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Zarel (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Zarel), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Zarel

:question: Is Zarel worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Zarel compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Zarel is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Zarel’s Special Skill match Zarel’s Base Stats?

Note this means Zarel’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Zarel’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Attack Debuffer
  • Ailment Cleansing Immunizer

0 voters

:question: Is Zarel worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Zarel is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Zarel will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

:question: What do you think is Zarel worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Zarel then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

I officially lost the track on new heroes. I had no idea who is this even I’m a beta tester.

5 Likes

Additional bard hero…not sure, but hoping they will be at least on par if not better than the original bard group.

Good luck everyone! May the portals show you kindness

1 Like

This is first 3 star bard hero, which can useful in rush tournament to increase the tiles needed for other heroes to 6 tiles.

12 Likes

How can you not remember hero that has special skill called Tambourine Solo? :smile: :rofl:

5 Likes

That is a wicked tambourine solo. It hurts all enemies and they don’t want to fight anymore. How long has the tambourine solo been going on? How does this work? Who carries enough ear plugs for your team to avoid getting affected?
Will we get a trombone hero next? :innocent:

6 Likes

Can’t wait for the marimbas hero… or the xylophone one

3 Likes

Then a mouth organ hero should not be missing to complete the band :laughing:

1 Like

And somebody with bagpipes and Scottish skirt of course.

2 Likes

Is it me, or did Treevil just get more powerful in 3* Rush tourneys, now that his “you lose” cocktail can now be uncleansable (AND the bard mana boost to boot)?

11 Likes

Yep, some reverse to its nerf :wink:

Looks like Zarel’s Tambourine solo has a slower beat in live release. Maybe a funeral dirge solo…she’s been changed to slow. @PlayForFun

Overall I don’t think this impacts her usability much, she was going to be a support rush hero anyway to get allies charged faster.

1 Like

I am glad that this forum exists… the German translation is way off and wrong. Had to read here what she actually does…

This translates to: „All opponents can remove their status changes by special abilities for 5 turns“.

5 Likes

First free pull got her guess ill max

I have asked Staff to look at this translation.

2 Likes

5 pulls using my saved coins got me new heroes. Her, Maeve, Ed (probably wont max) and 2 dupes (wacker, noril).

Happy about her and Maeve.

I forgot the read more about her card but already hit the 1h30m daily limit for the game. My phone will only let me open it tomorrow.

Sounds crazy how bards will add two new passives/boosts to any heroes among them.

1 Like

I think about that as well. However, from the description

I think it work like Brynhild’s immune to dispel buff. The buff still can flip the ailment.

Faiez’s def up still can flip Treevil def down. Also Faiez’s cleanse passive still should work. So, she might not have big effect in the Treevil-Faize meta in 3* rush attack.

Her significant effect are her both passive. The +5% mana regen and the reduction the effect of defense ailments by 50% which can make your team survive Treevil def down longer.

Ironically, the +5% mana regen isn’t enough to make Faiez or Treevil charge in 6 tile since they can get to only +7% mana regen. So, that +5% mana regen seem to only make the defense stronger :smile:.

I am happy that I pull her :slightly_smiling_face:.

6 Likes

I will be curious to see if that’s true - the wording seemed a bit… vague… to me.

Even if it is true, it still removes cleansers as a reply to a bardified Treevil, and I don’t know how many (especially 3*) buffers give defense up and attack up and mana-gen up.

I’ve already been kinda wondering what the point is of 3* Rush tournaments…. even generally, but especially without a Treevil - now I’m increasingly starting to think it’s just easier to pass.

(Yeah, yeah, Faiez if he fires first, but in my experience an attacking Faiez relatively rarely fires before even a defending Treevil flank, never mind a defending Treevil tank.)

2 Likes

Sorry, I have just checked my Beta pics.
She was Slow in Beta too.
I have fixed the OP.