đŸ§Ș Early information on the March 2023 HOTM -- Gilligan [Part of The Beta Beat V55]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the March 2023 HOTM, Gilligan

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Gilligan Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 811

Attack: 743
Defense: 760
HP: 1528

Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Class: Barbarian
Family: Legends 2023

Innate Abilty: Mana Per Enemy Buff
Gains small amount of mana for every status effect buff that the enemy team has at the start of each turn (maximum of 20 buffs).

Innate Resistance: Resist Mana Ailments
This character has innate resistance against ailments that affect mana.

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Reckless Charge

• Deals 300% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The attack has 60% chance to bypass defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.
  • All allies get +44% +35% defense against Dark for 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Holy allies get +5% chance to dodge status ailments for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

13 Likes

I was waiting for this thread and
 is this hero really so underwhelming or am I missing something?

Slow mana
300% to the target and minor to nearby only
defense against dark
barbarian

Passives are kind of nice, but this is unexciting.

30 Likes

Even if this was fast, it would still be terrible. Are they thinking this is a counter to Alfrike??? If so, then make all allies immune to mind control

3 Likes

What are the mana ailments being mentioned? Is it only from C Hel and Hel or are Alfrike effects also included?

1 Like

No, this hero is not worth any ascending material or food and feeder troops. The passives are nice but that’s it.

Hello Balur and Klaer, you’ve got company.

Welcome to Mediocre HOTM club!

16 Likes

I look forward to each HOTM preview but sadly

18 Likes

Omg, great passive but poor direct skill with speed.

2 Likes

Another soul to exchange

8 Likes

Another balur tier dud. I thought R&N was promising

There is no error or something?
300% + minor to nerby at slow?
+44% defense against dark for 4 turns?

Classic Khagan with is 380% to three + 63% defence buff + mana buff to three seems really overpowered in comparison to this one.
Even Klaern is good compared to this one.
This is strange in January we’ve got really good HOTM, in February there is going to be a decent one, whereas in March there’s gonna be one who could get ‘Worst Hotm Ever Prize’ easlily

18 Likes

Looks Slower 5* Dawa Vanilla. C1 Leo has better %damage than him.

1 Like

Wow, one of the worst HOTM!

1 Like

I saw the passive and thought that seems like it could be a pretty good benefit. But man is Gilligan missing a lot as others above have pointed out.

At slow that should be 300% to all.
300% and minor to nearby at fast wouldn’t necessarily be enough of a fix.
If the elemental link was still 80%, and if this hero were to be fast, then Gilligan could be a good counter to dark tanks.

I won’t level this hero as is.

7 Likes

Finally, Gilligan gets his own hero card, and at slow speed too. Lol

His small mana gain per enemy buff sounds good. 20 buffs max, small mana (say 0.4 tile) => 8 tiles. Need 3 more to activate with minimum 9% mana boost.

theres probably some really awesome summoning portals that people are going to chase regardless and so thats when they bring out a ■■■■■■ hotm

3 Likes

Honestly I would prefer Klaern over this guy, at least HotM in February is pretty good.

1 Like

somehow reminds me of hanitra, i know she is different (and i actually like and use her) so i guess Gilligan is HanitraÂŽs little stepbrother?

Compare him to costumed Leo:

If this one is evidently weaker than S1 hero, then what to talk about

4 Likes

Even better:

Without any mana generation buff / troop bonus, he can already get 10 tiles worth of mana in one turn!

Sure it would be better 300% to 3 (instead of target + minor to nearby) but I think still think he is quite usable in attack against bonus-heavy teams. His passive is really his strong side!

10 Likes