🧪 Early information on the March 2022 HOTM -- Zagrog

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the March, 2022 HOTM, Zagrog.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Zagrog Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 800

Attack: 772
Defense: 751
HP: 1394

Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Class: Rogue
Family: Legends 2022

Innate Resistance: Resist Attack Status Effects
This hero has innate resistance against all status effects and stacks that effect attack. This includes buffs.

Innate Resistance: Resist Mana Ailments
This Hero has innate resistance against status ailments and negative stacks that affect mana generation. Applies also to status ailments that block mana or steal mana.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Indifferent Blade

• Deals 385% 430% damage to the target and minor damage to the nearby enemies.
  • The attack bypasses defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.
  • The caster gains 20% mana if any defensive buffs were bypassed.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies +10% defense for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

10 Likes

Another hero that will make “Just use Proteus/ Just use Hel!” type of advice useless :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The ability of guaranteed bypass is neat. Somewhat of a bypass sniper. Not too bad.

So if you do not bring any other Fire heroes, then Elemental Link is not exists :smiley:

Disregard, there was a mistake in OP. The Elemental Links gives defense and not attack buff.

7 Likes

Interesting point. This seems very self-contradictory.

It would be fun if he gains 20% mana for each buff bypassed. But that would make him way OP.
Right now it changes him to fast in right cirmumstances after first shot, which is nice, but as other recent HOMTS - he is quite solid, but far from amazing.

2 Likes

I think it’s a big downturn he can’t get attack increase buffs. Even his elemental link doesn’t work with him…

Besides that, i think he is quite nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you have another 2022 HoTM in your team, no matter the color, then the element link becomes valid for all heroes…

But you need to wait until 2023 for that

7 Likes

Does this means that attack can still be dodged by cKadilen buff?

1 Like

Very nice hero. Unfortunate that he/she is average mana. Sounds like a red 5* Griffin. Will be nice to have anyway. 385% is not very high for a sniper, but also not low.
The passives are also quite effective.

Only strange that they’ve put this all in a red hero, while there are no green counter-attack heroes. Would make more sense if he was purple, to counter bloody Sif… especially with his innate resistance to mana ailments.

@PlayForFun
Question: Does the bypass also include taunt? Can you hit other heroes if e.g. Ludwig has been activated? That would be neat…
Maybe I will try this with Griffin, as he does the same.

True for the family bonus. Not sure if that is also the case for the element link.

He is not a sniper, he is splash attacker like Khagan (a bit faster than Khagan, though)

Also correct. Then the damage is quite high, actually.

Not agree - Khagan hits three equally, this HOTM do damage to one and small damage to other.

2 Likes

I like him and want him. :thinking: wonder if March would tie in with Springvale :thinking:

Plus his name sounds like he may be similar creature type to my Anzogh and Grazul so would be nice to have all 3.

1 Like

Again misleading, incorrect summon stats/theories

Fat chance. Easter is mid April this year. Looking at how previous seasonal events were managed, Springvale won’t overlap with any other month.

If he bypassed dodge he’d gain my interest. Sadly, I don’t think he does.

If it works same as other bypass, it won’t. Will bypass Ludwig’s +special skill defense buff though.

6 Likes

Well that’s disappointing :rofl: I still like him though. A bit more diversity in my roster works for me and I do have a ton of rings sitting around…

1 Like

So Zagrog is Russell with different secondary effects?

Hit target and nearby for more direct than Russell’s hit on one, but no DOT. Bypasses defensive buffs instead of bypassing dodge.

Resist mana ailments is always a plus.

But I don’t see much excitement for Zagrog. Russell had a clear hero it was targeted to counter. Who or what is Zagrog countering? I think the inate will resist Alfrike?