Gilligan – 5* Holy / Yellow - March 2023 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM Released for March 2023: Gilligan

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Gilligan, as well as your thoughts on Gilligan.

Gilligan

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Barbarian
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 812 830 1676
4/90 929 949 1917
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2023
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Mana Per Enemy Buff
Gains small amount of mana for every status effect buff that the enemy team has at the start of each turn (maximum of 20 buffs).
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Resist Mana Ailments
This character has innate resistance against ailments that affect mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Reckless Charge
  • Deals 350% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The attack has 75% chance to bypass defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.
  • All allies get +40% defense for 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Holy allies get +5% chance to dodge status ailments for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Legends 2023 Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2023 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

March 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Gilligan from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the March 2023 HOTM -- Gilligan [Part of The Beta Beat V55]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Gilligan ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Gilligan.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Gilligan and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Gilligan worth summoning for?

• Would you use Gilligan on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Gilligan ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Gilligan as an opponent?

• Would you give Gilligan Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Gilligan’s character design?

• If you Summoned Gilligan and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Gilligan, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Gilligan when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Gilligan, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Gilligan (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Gilligan), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Gilligan (post release)

:question: Is Gilligan worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Gilligan would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Gilligan’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Gilligan compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Gilligan’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Gilligan’s Base Stats?

Note this means Gilligan’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Gilligan worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Gilligan is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Gilligan is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Gilligan worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Gilligan then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

1 Like

Please… I know he’s HOTM, but stealth buff?

1 Like

He needs to be average speed with the ability to do extra damage to FIRE not Ice heroes.

4 Likes

A total Lemon he needs to be Buffed immediately
If his going to be Slow mana he’ll need to do more Dmg around 500% minimum and to All
otherwise Avg Mana to 3 at around 330% Dmg.

Holy Hotm’s have been pretty solid up until now this guy is going to have to hangout with G.Owl

9 Likes

A shame his passive is too good. It’s wasted on mediocre skills like his

4 Likes

Look on the brightsid, at least the inevitable balance changes will be for the better.

4 Likes

Indeed what a lovely passive lol.

Look, all that needs to happen is make him fast and the world will spin around again

4 Likes

How he is designed, I feel like they are making him as a yellow gravemaker. But here’s the thing. If they want to make a yellow gravemaker, then just make him v fast. It’s so frustrating to see a very good passive wasted on a skill like this :confused:

2 Likes

They evidently thought that this passive with higher mana speed would make the hero too OP.
Even now, he can possibly self-charge in two turns without using a single tile in his color. If he was v.fast, he would self-charge every turn - this passive is worth up to 6 tiles a turn!

1 Like

Total stinker. I expect I’ll get 2 because I didn’t get January or February

8 Likes

Soul Exchange fodder… Let’s go

I mean the only thing that this guy has going for him is his passive skill. Should work great in buff booster tournaments, but that special skill at a slow speed is quite underwhelming. Maybe if it was damage to all enemies and 100% bypass defensive buffs, then yes, this would be a beast. But as it looks, this Gilligan is lost on his own island.

9 Likes

I’m not sure what to think about him. The passive can make him a beast even at slow mana, but it is hard to guess how it will work in reality.
Anyway, I will probably not get him, in the first 2 months I got as may 2023 hotms as I got in the all 2022.

2 Likes

Counterpoint: if I have to let my opponent have and keep 20 active buffs to get this benefit, I’m probably already losing — badly — and Gilligan is about as likely to get me out of that hole as he was to ever help in getting off his island :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Is it me or he is really reletive of kvasir :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

This hero should be 3* .

1 Like

I kind of want him. Super curious how the passive will work vs buff heavy teams, teamed up with a dispeller.

8 Likes

I am curious too. I assume he is meant to be functionally faster than slow. How fast wioo be interesting.

1 Like

I think the Hatter would be his friend.
But I think he is mainly designed to fight agains teams with undispellable buffs (CoK families for example).

1 Like

I am only trying to say, that his design is consistent with the concept of his usage. Not that the oncept would be really useful.
Of course, he might be much better if he was designed differently. But it will be a completely different hero then.
They might have done him as a next incarnation of the easiest to use heroes, ie fast with a big hit. But there are many such heroes. And he - as many HOTMs - is designed as a very situational hero, not the all-rounder. That kind of heroes is also needed in this game, to widen the possibilities of different gameplay.
Maybe he will work well, maybe he will not, we will see after some people ascend and use him. This is not a hero that can be easily qualified as bad or good, without using him.

1 Like