🧪 Early information on the June 2021 HOTM -- Elradir

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the June 2021 HOTM, Elradir.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Elradir Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 791

Attack: 766
Defense: 745
HP: 1353

Element: Nature :leaves: (Green)

Class: Wizard

Innate Resistance: Resist Special Skill Blocking (image image image)
This hero has an innate resistance against status ailments that Block Special Skills.

Innate Ability: Mana From Ailments
This hero receives a small amount of mana when they receive a status ailment.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Nature’s Payback

• Deals 285% 255% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The caster reflects 100% of the damage received from their status ailments to all enemies for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies a small amount of mana at the end of each turn for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

🧪 The Beta Beat (V37, V38 & V39) – Advanced Hero Levelling, Future S4 Heroes, Hero Balances, Future HotM's, Non-S1 Costumes, Starfall Circus Heroes + Event -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

15 Likes

@Guvnor
I think this is the June HOTM and not the May HOTM.

I dont really understand that damage reflect. If i hit him with lets say C. Azlar and he receives 540 dmg in 2 turns will he deal 540 dmg to each of my heroes? Cause it sounds kinda op at first glance.

3 Likes

Typo in title.

20chars

1 Like

Correct, kinda like an instant version of Myztero.

But the catch is that his special MUST be up when hit by the ailment.

4 Likes
  1. Will it reflect the damage of the whole duration even if his special is only active when hit and not during the entire DoT? Lets say my Lady Locke does 1200 dmg in 4 turns. I hit him with Locke but his special expires in 1 turn, will he deal 1200 dmg back or only 170 which is the first turn damage of Locke?

2. Does it work with other DoTs than hero cast ones? Like poison mist or the ninja tower DoT?

2 Likes
  1. Just reflects the DoT damage while his buff is up. No buff = no reflected damage.

2. Going with No… Because it’s not a STATUS AILMENT. it’s effectively stage based direct damage.
    Impossible to test NT; I did test it on S2 poison mist stages and it didn’t do anything… He still took the damage.

5 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply, its still a very useful skill IMO, way better than Reubens. I like the idea.

1 Like

I think that’s a pretty low bar for comparison. :rofl:

I guess you have a Reuben like me. :sob:

9 Likes

This guy sounds amazing. Mana gain every ailment and impossible to block will make him a LOT annoying. Doesn’t sound OP since the reflection is set to 3 turns. 4 would be too much. Maybe slow speed would fit better (but will he be fast enough to counter DOTs?)

Edit 27 days later:
Wtf I’ve said about slow? Was I drunk or what

3 Likes

Very interesting reflect of status effects. Will it be too slow at average speed? Odin, Black Knight, and Ninajs don’t have to worry, but this could help against Frigg and the old days of GTV.

Small amount of mana when receiving a status ailment is certainly interesting. Would be great for a cleanser.

1 Like

To better understand the hero:

(i) Does reflect work in a way that you also block status ailments? i.e. JF fires a) your heroes takes no damage and all is blocked and reflected? b) other 4 heroes receives the DoT but you reflect the DoT yourself to all enemies? c) You and all allies receive the DoT and but its reflected and all enemies receive DoT
(ii) Lets say Alfrike fires and all 5 hits this hero only, assuming it survives, (i) all 5 enemies get Mindless Attack (ii) all 5 enemies get the damage but not mindless attack (iii) direct damage is not a status ailment hence enemies get nothing (hence in case of Frigg firing enemies get nothing as well)?

Ty

So he doesn’t reallocate like Lady Loki; he is hit by DoT and the damage is reflected per turn?

So if he is hit with DoT and then fires he can start reflecting damage?

I may be in the minority here, but I think that his mana speed should be reduced to slow.

2 Likes

This dude will be a solid Alfrike counter for rush tourneys/wars. :+1:

5 Likes

Considering his innate abilities, me too!

1 Like

Not just that, but his synergies with Toxicandra/Odin/Alby/Ariel will make him/them super beasts. I don’t know what the developers are doing, but the creation team needs a new manager.

2 Likes

Interesting hero, 285% at average is not so high damage but I think 100% reflect to all will be good against all defense based on status damage ailments, like Vela, JF, Clarissa, Grave.

No options against current fast damage meta again…

1 Like

Hmm minions dot will be reflected too i guess Bera/Kwasir poisonous can be interesting i guess.

Really decent hotm. I’d be happy to have another hit 3 green hero like that

1 Like