🎅 Costumed Mother North -- 5* Nature/ Green from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

New Santa’s Challenge Costume is released: Costumed Mother North

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Mother North, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Mother North

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Monk
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
S
Slow
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Santa’s Challenge Winter
:dizzy: Special Skill: Hyper Porridge
  • Each fallen ally has a 55% chance to get revived with 15% HP.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies regenerate 612 HP over 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +5% / +10% health for Minions
  • +5% / +10% attack for Minions

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Santa Claus from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Santa's Challenge Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Mother North ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Mother North.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Mother North and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Mother North worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Mother North on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Mother North ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Mother North as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Mother North Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Mother North’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Mother North and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Mother North, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Mother North when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Mother North, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Mother North (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Mother North), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Costumed Mother North.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Mother North by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Mother North by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Mother North by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Mother North by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Costumed Mother North by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Costumed Mother North

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Costumed Mother North by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Costumed Mother North

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Mother North (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Mother North worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Mother North would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Mother North’s Primary Purpose is?

• Reviver
  • Minion Summoner
  • Healer (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Mother North compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Mother North’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Mother North’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Mother North is better ?

• Normal Mother North
  • Costumed Mother North

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Mother North worth giving Cleric Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Mother North is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Mother North is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

2 Likes

Normally balance dictates that if you increase the chance to be revived, then you decrease the amount of HP the dead return with.

But since your paying for it…

1 Like

I’ve always wanted MN, I’ve been waiting for a whole year for a chance to get her but to get her with a costume would be just the best!!!
WOW!
I know, I know … I’m easily excited! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Wow. She revives so often when I play against her, now it’s going to be worse.
(Once I almost had her dead, but she simultaneously revived three of her four allies, two of whom had full mana bars. I lost.)

Would be nice if I could get her from the portal; I have all the mats…

1 Like

She’s the only Christmas hero(excluding Pengi) I don’t have. Hoping to get her this time around

2 Likes

Still able to resist ailments and a better revive. The only problem is she’ll have a less overall heal for already alive heroes, but she’ll make it so your heros who revive gain health at the end of the turn making them harder to kill.

Solid costume.

2 Likes

Last year I got all the Christmas heroes EXCEPT MN. Maybe I’ll get her this year?

If not, I’ve still got Alby on my team at least.

1 Like

Same. Got Santa and 3 Krampuses for crying out loud. Not that I complain but still. Not that necessary for me since I have C-Alberich x2 now but she would be nice.

1 Like

In the poll you people should add this option for voting.

“To milk further more to the player base”.
:joy::joy::crazy_face:

2 Likes

First pull from Hero tokens lol
My MN+20 Getting even more love

9 Likes

Spent my handful of saved EHT as the portal opened. After 3 years of trying I finally got her!

9 Likes

Oh my goodness. 16 Token summons I get Mother North(the costume is definitely OP), Santa Clause(my 2nd one but with the new costume), and Mr. Pengi(definitely OP as well since I have 2 Freya and 1 Bera… What luck am I having. For the last three summoning portal. I all get 3 legendary heros. 30 pulls in S3 gives me Skadi, Baldur, and my 1st Viv. 30 pulls in Black Friday gives me Anzogh, Faline, and a dupe Balbar. Now this Winter summon…

10 Likes

I never spend $$$ on the game, but if they offered Mother North’s sweater to buy, I’d get it!! :joy::mrs_claus:t2:

5 Likes

Great costume upgrade imv. Here are my thoughts. Thanks!

3 Likes

What are everyone’s thoughts on which side to emblem MN for now? Regular still or will the costume side be the dominant costume we should all be using?

omg, I just used 2 coins and I got Krampus. I’m now officially done with the Christmas event now

3 Likes

Speaking for myself, i will go for costume unless its war equalizer.
Like the costume even lil more than the regular one.

5 Likes

I just pulled her from today’s EHT deal. So happy. She eluded me last year being the only Christmas hero I didn’t get(before Pengi came out), and now I’m happy. She’ll get maxed here soon, since I need another ress hero apart from Heimdall

I think there is not much differences betwen sides. I m not gonna reset the original one :slight_smile:

Cookie Settings