📯 Costumed Kvasir – New Season 3 Costume – 3* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Kvasir

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Kvasir, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Kvasir

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star:
Rare
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Paladin
F
Fast
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55
+1 Costume
3/60
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Alfheim
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Bee Bomast
  • Summons a Bee Minion for each ally. The Bee Minion inherits 18% HP and 15% attack from the caster.
  • Each hit from the Bee Minion gives the target the following status ailments:
    • The target receives 48 Poison damage over 3 turns.
    • The target is immune to status effects buffs for 2 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Kvasir from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Kvasir ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Kvasir.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Kvasir and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Kvasir worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Kvasir on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Kvasir ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Kvasir as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Kvasir Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Kvasir’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Kvasir and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Kvasir, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Kvasir when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Kvasir, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Kvasir (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Kvasir), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Kvasir

:question: Is Costumed Kvasir worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Kvasir compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Kvasir is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Kvasir’s Special Skill match Costumed Kvasir’s Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Kvasir’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Buff Immunizer

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Kvasir is better ?

• Normal Kvasir
  • Costumed Kvasir

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Kvasir worth giving Druid Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Costumed Kvasir is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Kvasir will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

:question: What do you think is Costumed Kvasir worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Kvasir then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

This would be a nice pairing with original kvas… Auto play with each version in the wings… Sign me up.

2 Likes

Good point. Will do 2 of him.

1 Like

Got two maxed already so if i get the costume happy days …

2 Likes

Got him with first pull. Already have the original maxed and LBed. Not sure if I prefer the costumed version for tournament defense. On attack will definitely switch depending on the opponent.

Edit : Not sure about the art though…

He looks like he stepped out from one of those Dutch paintings, but he has wings on his back :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Finished mine just in time for the tournament. Reset the emblems to go Health - Def - Attack. By my calculation, his minions will have at least 233 hp each (not adding troop bonus)

With this set up, the original will look like this

2 Likes

My goodness, those stats. I. Want. :scream:

Any ideas on how to emblem this guy best if you want to be able to alternate between costume and regular?

I did health and defense for him on the druid version and LB him as well. He is pretty sturdy. Once i level his costume, he will have above 1300 health and 560 def.

Costume Kvasir is a serious upgrade to Kvasir.

• Minions are sturdier with 18% HP vs 15% HP and a higher base HP stat
  • Higher base defense and health
  • Palladin class is significantly better than Druid for his purpose
  • 16 extra points damage from minions on a 3rd turn
  • Buff blocking is more universal than minion blocking

Utilizing both versions will give a small 4% healing if either reaches low health so should be considered although minor.

Costume Kvasir will be an elite hero for 3* Buff Booster tournaments and all 3* tournaments that exclude Dark heroes except Rush Attack. Can be used in tank or flank position.

Eventually Costume Kvasir will be maxxed, limit broken and emblemed Defense → Health → Attack.
This corresponds to Defense or Health → Attack for the regular Kvasir

2 Likes

For me when I have any hero that is a Paladin I almost ALWAYS optimize defense. For Druid class it’s more even between maximizing health or defense since both will be helpful for the Thorn Minion. Given that you can follow this path

LEft → Right → Left → Right → Left → Left → Left (Toss Up)

This is essentially going Defense → HP → Attack for Costume Kvasir (Paladin Class)
This corresponds to Defense/Health → Attack for Kvasir (Druid Class)

For the 19th node it’s kind of a toss up. One of them will get a Critical Chance Increase. So I would go Left to get the Mana Gen increase for Costume Kvasir since I believe he is the stronger hero of the two.

2 Likes

Following Defense → Health → Attack for Costume Kvasir would give you 531/649/1223

The minions would have 220 vs. 233 health but Kvasir will have a +37 defense. If his Protect Skill kicks in it will be +47 defense (811 vs. 765). That extra defense will easily make up for a -13 health of the minions IMO.

Please would someone advise the mana costume bonus on a fully ascended Kvasir?

It’s only 1%

1 Like

Still better than a kick in the teeth… just - thanks!

1 Like

Honestly I can’t see why this is even a costume. There is no change at all, he just became a paladin

:-1:

lol… one of the best heroes in the game IMO, costume was a nice addition and the ability to shut down enemy buffs is nice especially in the tournaments.

I only wish he were a legendary so I could use him more :smiley:

1 Like

What I mean is he has no change in his skills. It’s like those round 1 S1 costumes that literally made no changes in their skills, just increased stats. Then give the original those stats to begin with. Also he is a legendary, he became bera

The costume is a nice boost to the already good stats. The effect is of course especially interesting for buff booster tourneys.
But in general I prefer the old version for the simple reason that it wins in a direct duel. And if there is a tourney that makes people use Kvasirs on def then there is also a reason to bring him on offense as the perfect counter. If I see any Kvasir in any position on a def team I always consider bringing my own to counter him. The only situation to not bring him would be if the def has a regular version Kvasir as tank. In that situation I don´t bring Kvasir but stack purple instead and use something else for support.
Costume version is not a problem, as it doesn´t prevent my own minions, so worst case scenario is both sides having minions and then the def not being able to summon a second round.
And Kvasir in flank/wing are easy food for an attacking kvasir to render them completely useless.

But I do see the use of the costume for offense against non-minion defs.