📯 Costumed Norns – Season 3 Costume – 5* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Norns

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Norns, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Norns.

Costumed Norns

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Wizard
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Vanaheim
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Wrath of Fate
  • Deals 300% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies become weak against the element they are strong against for 6 turns. They stay weak against the element they are normally weak against.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Costume bonus is increased. Changes because of that:
    • Attack is increased from 823 to 893
    • Defense is increased from 811 to 879.
    • Health is increased from 1419 to 1607,
  • Damage is increased from 340% to 450%

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 6 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v59]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Norns ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Norns.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Norns and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Norns worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Norns on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Norns ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Norns as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Norns Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Norns’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Norns and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Norns, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Norns when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Norns, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Norns (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Norns), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Norns (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Norns worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Norns would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Norns’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Making enemy weak against their strong element
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Norns compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Norns’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Norns’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Norns’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Norns is better ?

• Normal Norns
  • Costumed Norns
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Norns worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Norns is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Norns is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Norns worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Norns then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

I don’t understand if she is realeased at slow speed … that makes her not really desirable, she should have the same speed than normal version

1 Like

Especially since the costume isn’t significantly different than the regular hero. Damage is 280 on normal and boosted to 340 on costume and target becoming weak against strong element lasting 4 turns is boosted to 6 turns on costume. Other than a normal costume stat boost what necessitates moving from Average to Slow mana?

They did up the damage to 450% which makes the slow speed more reasonable. However, her ailments does best when being used earlier in the battle so the tile damage has a better chance of taking effect.

What I do find odd however is that cNorns has a lower power than normal Norns with a costume bonus (908 vs 915).

1 Like

What other costumes have the speed changed???

C. Salmon Loki

Ameonna’s costume almost had it done to her, too. Thank goodness it never happened

… I don’t understand this :poop:. These poor old heroes could use all the help they can get, but rather than help, it’s as if they’re moving one step forward, and another step back.

Norns would’ve been so much more usable with a bump to fast, and balanced accordingly, if need be. It seems they’re making this game more and more confusing, and less balanced, for no other reason than they can :pensive:

2 Likes

It may also mean that for future costumes, like c g owl or c boss wolf, they could have a faster mana speed

1 Like

The hero card is updated with the buff.
Polls are enabled.

1 Like

They could

… But based on all applied speed changes so far, seems more likely they, instead, create a new “Very Very Slow” speed for em, instead :sweat_smile::rofl:

And c hansel was supposed to be average speed from beta. Thank god they changed it back

1 Like

Norns doesn’t push sales, so of course they can do whatever they want to her. C octros got a 100% increase in max skill damage, yet you don’t see him turning to slow, because people still pull for him

I think Norn is the first heroes that costume version have different mana speed from original version.

C Salmon loki last portal was the first. Base is average, costume is slow

2 Likes

Staff wanted to do the same with Hansel, but as I recall he could keep his original mana speed.

1 Like

I may be wrong.

But I suppose this costume is sided to Mythic Titan. Extra damage and +1 extra turn for the ailment is an extra considering you will load her using mana pots. They could have added -44 or -30% normal defense down to the hit targets also.

2 Likes

It’s clear they wanted to do a speed change with costumes from some time ago, but the execution seems improvised or not well thought. A speed change should reflect in more than just a somehow significant attack %.

I believe this is the beginning of players’ choice. Devs will give players the choice on how to use the hero. Would you rather the normal which does less damage or the costume which may do more damage but the speed altered?

Maybe in time the special and speed may change entirely from using the hero as a sniper to a support hero. I always wanted to choose whether to use the talent grid as a sword or shield path depending the battle and team setup.

We all know the beginning of any new changes needs scapegoats. in time, this forum will flood once more from the disappointment of these scapegoats now to anger that devs are breaking the game because these new costume and mana speed changes are ridiculously OP.

1 Like

When I see other average speed heroes doing very close to 450 to 3 but with a lot more going on in their specials u wonder why?? (Hurricane is close) Why neuter the norns by turning them slow ?

1 Like

First turning Salmon Loki to slow and now Norns too? Apparently SGG tests how crappy costume they can release while people still keep pulling for them.

1 Like