🏅 [Aug 25, 2019] 19th Raid Tournament! — 5* Buff Booster, No Nature/Green

NOTE: Based on the volume of posts from the previous Tournaments, this will be the only thread for anything related to this Tournament.

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2019-08-25T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2019-08-26T08:00:00Z
2019-08-31T08:00:00Z

=> Click here for Log of Past Tournaments

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
No Nature/Green
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

Please note this important announcement from SG about the reduced loot:

:link: Related Threads

For all related links, please see the guide thread below:

=> Log of Past Tournaments

1 Like

Another Aegir Tank Perfect Tournament!
Sadly i dont have one (full)…

4 Likes

Yep, the Aegir tournament. I’ll probably go:

Kiril
Frida
Aegir
Grimm +18
Triton

Boril is also an option, but I don’t see a natural fit for him with Aegir manning the center. I am considering throwing in a purple or two. Presumably Sabina (or another purple) will be the go to dispeller, given how much everyone is going to look to buff themselves. The only problem is that I have no purple buffers (Seshat, Proteus +17, and Cyprian of course, though he has the same problem as Boril).

1 Like

I setup what I have, and let the rest matchmaking do the job…

3 Likes

Brace yoursef, Aegir + Zimkitha defenses are coming…

2 Likes

Of which I have neither. I’m light on blue 5*s and don’t like grimm even at +19 for flank, so going with kunchen instead. Can’t be that bad a choice.

1 Like

Expecting to do badly this tournament. I have few 5*s, even fewer of which are maxed. Since my only blue 5-star is Master Lepus and not tank material, going with regular tower defence and subbing Boldtusk to replace the green.

2 Likes

Indeed and i dont have any of thoose :cry::sob::sob:

What do you think about this defense? Was considering Sonya but can’t find a good place for her.

2 Likes

Thoughts? My only maxed 5* blues are up there… I could add another 4* blue? I figured Poseidon because he puts up 2 buffs and increases Ariel’s defense.

2 Likes

Why Jackal?
Doesn’t hit hard, is fragile and only buffs for holy stacks.

2 Likes

Waiting forever (literally) for that last scope for my Aegir… he’d been long time maxed by now. And of course they have to pull yet another 5 star no green tournament within like few weeks. Gosh.

1 Like

I would change their places into Kiril - Frida - Ariel - Poseidon - Hel

2 Likes

OK, should I change with red? BT ? or Poseidon 4.11 (in progress leveling).

1 Like

Poseidon would be good imo.

Here’s my def.

5 Likes

OK, you have very nice defense… complete blue, and complete blue troops :+1:

Here is mine, and I give more talent to Boril, I think +3 is enogh, I have already used for Hansel+3, and will keep the rest for Rigard (hope from TC20 pull, my 1st TC20 start 3 hours ago).

3 Likes

I don’t have many 5*s as well, though at least I have access to my Blues and my Purples here.

Am thinking of going Inari / Seshat / Kiril / Lepus / Proteus or Sabina or Sonya or Triton.

Inari, Lepus and Seshat are my only maxed 5*s allowable in this tourney… and Kiril is a lock.

Sabina or Sonya might be best in the last slot as an additional dispeller though… but Triton adds another buff. Proteus is Proteus, but I’ve found him better on offense than on defense…

3 Likes

Makes sense. I don’t like double heals… but Kiril and Ariel seem great for this. Think I’m too low on heavy hitters?

1 Like

Trying that setup. Although not sure if Alice will survive and if Wu’s a good thing.
Might change Wu for Rigard, still not sure.

4 Likes