No Dark/Purple
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

Please note this important announcement from SG about the reduced loot:

:link: Related Threads

For all related links, please see the guide thread below:

=> Log of Past Tournaments

2 Likes

4 Likes

Which one of these 4 lineups should I use?

Aegir has to tank even with the no purple rule right?

3 Likes

Wilbur is a double-edged sword, he also give your opponents a buff…

It would be better if your defense have dispeler to dispel enemies’s buffs.

Yeah, don’t have a good leveled up dispeller. These are my only choice. Should I go with jackal instead of Wilbur then, he gets 2 elemental links from ranvir and drake that Wilbur won’t, and he brings down the elemental defense.

My defense is bad this this time. Only 1 yellow 5* (Leonidas), so I’d either have to fill my team with 4* s or they can stack against me. And my 4* yellows don’t have emblems or many buffs.

Got an Aegir tank, but he won’t be nearly as strong as in the “buff booster/5* /no green” tournament a while back.

My offensive team should be decent enough, but I don’t have anything to counter Guin.

I’m torn between a poseidon/guin/onatel frontline or the good ol’ zeline/guin/gm one :thinking:

Would you guys rather put Vivica or Aegir as tank on this tournament?

I think Vivica’s added survivability in this Tournament doesn’t outweigh Aegir being the stronger tank option — as long as you make use of his buffs to boost dangerous flanks.

2 Likes

Usually pretty Decisive when it comes to Defense for the tourneys. This may the tourney that is going to be most difficult for me personally. Here are my 5* yellows ( easily my worst legendary element )

n
Here are a few options I’m considering- my only issue is dbl blue seems frankly dumb to me lol.
2nd option - MAGNI +9 WITH AEGIR.
3RD OPTION:
SRY TO MAKE IT SUCH A LONG POST IN THE THE THREAD: - Who is the player(s) that offer help in line? If anyone wants to invest a few minutes before the football games start lmk PLEASE! LOL
EDIT: - Should i just run a 3 yellow front???

I’d put Aegir as tank with Kadilen and Leonidas as flanks.

Remember: just because yellow has added survivability doesn’t mean that suddenly all other teams and colors are invalid.

Building a weak team just to take advantage of the color survivability doesn’t make sense. You want to build the strongest Defense you can overall.

Aegir is still a dangerous tank for Buff Booster, and Leonidas and Kadilen are good options for taking advantage of the attack boosts. Plus Leonidas has the added advantage of increased survivability.

4 Likes

I totally agree with you there @zephyr1
Who do you like out of the rest of the 5s I have ready for Defense? Ranvir- and Viv or a mix of other buff heroes?
Appreciate the insight!

2 Likes

I’d go with Zim as left wing. The fast buff and clear, plus AoE are formidable for Buff Booster.

Right wing is a little bit of a question mark, but I think I’d go with Marjana. She’ll be far enough from Zim that I don’t worry much about stacking blue, plus a lot of people will be stacking green for Aegir anyway.

And she’ll get the benefit of Element Link from Zim.

Plus all the usual reasons why a fast sniper is effective in a corner.

2 Likes

*Thanks a lot! Nothing wrong with a little help from friends right! **
Buff booster ESP buff booster sans dark is, as I said earlier, my toughest tourney to put a defense together for…
I’m glad you were able to take a look at my resources and use your time to help a brother out!
Sincerely appreciate it, and good luck to you and everyone else!

3 Likes

Heh. Was wondering when they were going to do this one. This is gonna be a great week to grab some popcorn and watch the ranting towards SG about the Guin tanks (or Guin/Onatel stacks) knocking people out day 2 when there won’t be a counter unless you want to, for most of us, bring 4*'s to a 5* party.

Maybe I’ll surprise myself, but I don’t expect to live long here. I can build a 4100 team, putting my best 5 defense right in the heart of that, and my ladder position for attack should be Guin-tastic. I’m pretty sure my Onatel+8 will be the tank, beyond that, no idea.

This should be fun.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m fully expecting to be merging some rant threads later this week.

5 Likes

I’m thinking this is my best bet on defense. I need something close to my best 5 in TP that heals and buffs while getting rid of buffs and slowing mana while I add Mana quickly to fire again (though I think the problem with this tourney type is that people over-rely on activating a billion buffs all at once in order to dominate).

Other options I would look at:
Wu +8
Wilbur +18
John +18
Elena (fully leveled)
Boril +18, who is my normal tank in raid defense, but I think Onatel is the better tank here

2 Likes

I will give the “Kimba, Chun-Li & the 80ies Boys”-team a try!

3 Likes