[05th Apr, 2020] 50th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Green/Nature

First off BIG CELEBRATIONS!!! The big Five-Oh

:partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon: :partying_face: :partying_face:

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-04-05T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-04-06T08:00:00Z
2020-04-11T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/Green
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Aug 25, 2019] 19th Raid Tournament! — 5* Buff Booster, No Nature/Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

3 Likes

All confirmed!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tournament De Guv

Here’s my defence I’m thinking for this one. Shaking things up a little cause I’ve done a lot of 5* levelling since last time this tournament featured.

Last Time Round

Click for Defence & Performance last time round

5 Likes

Same here.

Could really use some help on this one. Almost on Auto set:

Last time

3 Likes

option 1:

option 2:

i’m leaning towards Option 1, Aeron gives additional buffs and protects Joon. Option 2 only leaves Aegir as buffer and makes Marjana a magnet for Blue stacks…

only other 5* option is Inari, but I struggle to fit her in. Aeron > Inari, I think.

open to suggestions though :slight_smile: but i find very few of my 4*s - even highly emblemed - can work. Kiril gives buffs and is Blue, and Sabina dispels enemy buffs, but they both seem a bit frail…

other options:

3 Likes

This one. Though I would not recommend bringing too many yellows this week. Fighter-Joon still seems good. May be swap him with Lupus (fast mana? …if not keep him flank)

2 Likes

thanks! Yeah, I figure a lot of Purple dispellers will be running around this tourney… I think I’ll keep Fighter-Joon beside Aeron in wing for safety. Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Any advice in return?

thanks for asking. I’m not very confident about advising others lol, I figure if I make a bad decision on my OWN defense, I’m the only one that gets hurt…

But I would not tank with Ares, Blues are still allowed… I think Richard would make a good tank. You could try Victor - Athena - Richard - Kiril - Sonya? Sonya’s highly emblemed and she dispels all (unlike Domitia who only dispels 3). And Victor’s higher speed and defense boost to all make him a more attractive Purple, in my opinion. Then you have two buffers, Richard to debuff attack, and Sonya to dispel.

2 Likes

Not sure who I want for this so I have gone with:

Costume Rigard / Grimm / Kiril / Costume Tiburtus / Triton

I may replace Triton with Sonya though.
I wanted some to buff + heal, as well as some heroes that can attack multiple at once.

2 Likes

That was just the auto draft…not my decision. Don’t think I will use Ares at all in defense this week.

Thanks. This is a resonable decision. Swap Victor and Sonya though.
Had only considered other tanks so far (Kiril, Athena,Victor Domitia). :grinning:

2 Likes

oh yeah, dispel on the left. silly me, forgot that basic bit :wink: I would be scared of attacking that defense!

good luck to us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same to you.

Thoughts on troops? Richard needs the lvl 9 mana troop to load 1 round faster. Still have a lvl 1 mana troop available for Sonya…but I think crit troop with higher def value suits better. Only some xp missing for Victors troop to reach lvl 11.

2 Likes

Yes I would do this. Triton hits harder but dies faster. Best colors this week : blue & purple :+1:

2 Likes

I’d use regular Richard… Better class for a tank, defence debuff lasts longer against anyone not bringing attack buff or cleanse.

Base version of Richard is just plain better.

1 Like

I would personally go defense on Sonya. Her main role is to stay alive and keep dispelling, IMO. And having Richard as tank charge faster is more valuable :slight_smile:

Healers in wings - too easy.

Costume Rigs needs to be flank, more likely to fire and can’t be left alone until no threats remain (which he can on wing).

C-Tibs is going to reduce the defence debuff you’ve applied with Grimm… Plus two darks guarantees an attacker stacks holy, I wouldn’t do it.

Sonya to dispell attackers buffs makes some good sense.

Triton and Grimm are both quite flimsy for defence… Good hero’s but I don’t think I’d put both up.

What else have you got?

3 Likes

Issue with putting Ares as tank is that he’s weak to the inevitable blue stack that people will be running.

I’d move him to flank of Richard

What you think guys, about putting high emblemed Mitsy on defence to counter the blues stacks? :thinking:

3 Likes

Cookie Settings