📯 Tyr – Season 3 Hero – 5* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Tyr!

:bar_chart: Stats

Tyr

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Fighter
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Helheim
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Adamantite Claw
  • Deals 285% damage to the target.
  • The attack has a 60% chance to bypass all defensive buffs. The includes counterattacks.
  • The target receives 212 Bleed damage over 4 turns. This effect stacks with similar effects.
  • The caster regenerates 548 HP over 4 turns.
  • If the caster dies during the next 4 turns, they are resurrected in the beginning of the next turn with 32% health. All status effects are removed when the caster dies.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Tyr from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Tyr?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Tyr.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Tyr and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Tyr worth summoning for?

• Would you use Tyr on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Tyr?

• What heroes would you take when facing Tyr as an opponent?

• Would you give Tyr Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Tyr’s special?

• What do you think of Tyr’s character design?

• If you Summoned Tyr and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Tyr and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Tyr when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Tyr, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Tyr (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Tyr), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Non-Featured Legendary Hero?
Below odds are current as of June 30, 2020. Odds will change as additional S3 5* heroes are added to the “non-featured” hero pool.

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.43% chance of summoning Tyr.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 13 times out of 100, you’ll get Tyr by pull 100
  • 51 times out of 100, you’ll get Tyr by pull 500
  • 76 times out of 100, you’ll get Tyr by pull 1500
  • 89 times out of 100, you’ll get Tyr by pull 1500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Tyr by pull 2073
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Tyr by pull 3186

Putting that in Perspective

• 87 out of every 100 people won’t get Tyr by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 870,000 of those players wouldn’t get Tyr

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Tyr by the 2073rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 2073 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Tyr

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Tyr (post release)

Is Tyr worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Tyr would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Tyr’s Primary Purpose is?

• Sniper (Primary Damage Dealer)
  • Finisher (Secondary Damage Dealer / Damage Over Time)
  • Survivor (Health Regen & Revive)

0 voters

What do you think of Tyr compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Tyr’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Tyr worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Tyr is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Tyr is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

4 Likes

When testing him in Beta he was a monster to fight against because of his heal and revive. With fast mana he certainly can become the focal point of the hero to beat.

8 Likes

Planning to make him my next project.

Fairly certain I know the answer but if anyone wanted to reaffirm: ascending him over Marjana seems like the logical choice (considering I have GM maxed & emblemed).

5 Likes

I agree. The only reason I could see picking Marjana instead is if Class were important for War Defense and splitting up Emblems.

2 Likes

How about compared to Jean François

1 Like

I’m thinking this guy would be a good corner dude for field aid alliance wars?

1 Like

Look pretty strong.
With fighter emblems and his ult he’ll revive constantly and deals damage each time (haven’t tested, but should work with Helheim realm, right?).
And he also has the talents form Barbarian and Ranger with his ult.

He’s more geared towards survival rather than dishing out damage, so I would put him in defense teams rather than offense

3 Likes

Just pulled Tyr on my first pull I got using the completed first providence normal and hard coins plus a purchased $2.99 special

5 Likes

I think he is really good, technically he can do 400% damage like Seshat.

1 Like

You made me laugh bro.
You are right.
Despite they fit a completely different role (one is supposed to be a support hero and other a damage dealer) its clear the huge difference between these two.

I hope they fix the fail that nerfed JF was

6 Likes

Tyr looks OK to me, might be the best 1 vs 1 hero. He makes Thoth-Amun looks crap.
He heals over 4 turns and resurrect over 4 turns. Well, his chance of dying and resurrecting is greatly reduced due to heal, and if he resurrect, does not really need heal so much, so a little oxymoron here.
Overall looks good.

1 Like

Jf is meh and tyr is pretty solid

Without Gravemaker, J.F. would be my choice.

With Gravemaker, Tyr since burns stack with his Bleed DoT.

BTW Tyr’s damage is much worse than Marjana’s skill too. Should point that out for the rest of the users getting excited with him; he hits for the same damage as Caedmon before considering bleed DoT. Low damage is obviously to balance out his other skill effects and class talent.

8 Likes

One thing to note is that Tyrs bleed stacks and refresh’s the duration which is helpful

3 Likes

Does Tyr’s bleed stack with the bleed from wound class skill?

Or am I confusing DoTs?

Wound DoT = Bleed, same thing

And yes they stack. Or rather the damage from bleed is refreshed and increased when afflicted with it again (that’s what the “stacks with similar effects” bit in the description of the Wound talent means basically). I’ve been working on testing the exact values and mechanics, hard to set up good test cases though since the Wound talent activates on RNG

3 Likes

I bought the offer to get 100 coins. I used flasks to complete the 3 provinces on normal and hard. So, I had a total of 340 Valhalla coins. I used all 3 and got Mireweave, Mist, and Kvasir. I then caved and did a single summon with gems. Tyr! :smiley: 4 summons to get Tyr.
Would he be better on defense than Kingston? I would have to remove the fighter emblems from Kingston and emblem Tyr.

7 Likes

No I do not think so.

Edit: I believe Kingston is a true sniper while Tyr appears to be a finisher with stackable DoT so it’s not as conducive to defense (where you want your defense to kill fast and stay alive to kill again if you weren’t fast enough the first time).

4 Likes

I got tyr and stone cleave in my three pulls, so I feel very fortunate.

I only have one other red 5* - Elena, so tyr is a massive boost to my roster and I anticipate using him just about everywhere.

I also have Magni in the queue for fighter emblems, so certainly Colen will get stripped now.

16 Likes