šŸ“Æ Costumed Baldur ā€“ Season 3 Costumeā€“ 5* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Baldur

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Baldur, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Baldur.

Costumed Baldur

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Muspelheim
Image Aether Power Description
boosted-regen Boosted Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 300 boosted health over 6 turns. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Relentless Brawler
  • Deals 400% damage to the target.
  • Boosts health of the caster by 850. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • All allies resist mana reduction for as long as the caster has boosted health. This effect cannot be dispelled.
  • Deals 185% damage to a random enemy each turn for as long as the caster has boosted health. This effect cannot be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Baldur from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 1 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Baldur ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Baldur.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Baldur and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Baldur worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Baldur on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Baldur ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Baldur as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Baldur Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Baldurā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Baldur and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Baldur, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Baldur when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Baldur, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Baldur (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Costumed Baldur), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Baldur (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Baldur worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Baldur would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Baldurā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • HP Booster (Immediate)
  • Mana Reduction Blocker

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Baldur compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Baldurā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Baldurā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Baldurā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Baldur is better ?

• Normal Baldur
  • Costumed Baldur

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Baldur worth giving Ranger Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Baldur is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Baldur is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Baldur worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Baldur then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

My most wanted hero in game :smiley:

I cant wait to place twin costume baldur defence :

C.Baldur - Morel - Rhys - C.Panther - C. Baldur :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love him and havenā€™t stripped him from emblems, but he only comes into play when I face LotL or Rubyā€¦ I want this costume really bad, but I will not pay for itā€¦ Pair hin with M&M, Arco, Rhys, Celidana or another hero of you choice that boost health and he will be annoying again.

1 Like

So much fun in beta. His costume is what he should have been to begin with.

4 Likes

Itā€™s just a straight up buff for a mediocre hero. I wish they would stop doing that with costumes. Just fix the hero! Also, I appreciate when a costume gives a hero a different ability, making both forms useful.

6 Likes

Itā€™s just a direct buff of the original Baldur. Everything the same, just better numbers. So everything which costumes should NOT be.

Nonetheless, the guy has quite a punch right now. With water piping here and there he could be really handy.

3 Likes

Lucky enough to pull him todayā€¦ Abilities r ditto same as original with bumped up numbersā€¦ In place of giving a fancy costume, they could have fixed him in Nov monthā€™s hero balance!!
Or it is another gimmik to make money??
Anyway I m more than happy :blush::grin:

5 Likes

instead of make a buff for Baldur, they released the costume with the specs everyone asked for and collected more money :rofl:

2 Likes

I got him i got him i got him!!!

MASTER PLAN IS LAUNCHING :smiley:

5 Likes

Master plan revelaed :

Main star :

a

Well, to be more precise :

(gonna try to go for rank 1 with these setup on challenge events just this once :smiley:

And my defense team :

I was dreaming of this setup for monthsā€¦ Lets see how it will do over night :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Also might work well in a CBaldur M&M cBaldur defense too

True, but the thing is, everything works with M&M :wink:

1 Like

This is the one hero from Valhalla I wantā€¦ of course I wont get it. Not going to spend a penny trying though.

Have to admit, my master plan defense described above isnt working well on first dayā€¦

Dropped me from 2710 to 2550 cup rangeā€¦

Guess Baldurs are too busy looking hot than defending :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funny,

how C.Baldur was already too weak in current meta, the day he was releasedā€¦
I was cup dropping with him on defense (and fielding big current monsters alongside duo Baldurs) on the day of his release.

We found him appealing, beacuse we saw him 3-4 months before he was released and there were less strong heroes availableā€¦But power creep is too rapid!

Hope he gets a bit of buff!

2 Likes

And I hope you are able to enjoy 4x Baldur whether he gets buffed or not! Iā€™d love to see your master plan fall into place and see you top 100 in events with quad Baldurs :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

Ty brother,
will push for it :slight_smile:
I feel I can prepare them in january challenge event :slight_smile:

Last challenge event, I finished around 2000th place with only 2 Baldurs and maybe 10 retries for all 10 lvls combined :slight_smile: A lot of room to improve!

2 Likes

so how much better is he with the costume ? I had just stripped his emblems a couple of weeks before pulling his costume, and now Iā€™m wondering if I should reemblem him.

He is alot better. His first cast is a snipeā€¦

Truth is, power creep is soo steep, that even on first day of release, I was cup dropping on defense with double costume Baldursā€¦

So use him/them for offense :slight_smile: