🧪 The Beta Beat (V36) – Season 4 Heroes/ Gameplay/ Portal, Non-S1 Costumes & More to come (?) -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Upcoming HotMs

Season 4 – Explorers of the Abyss Underwild !!

Per the Sneak-Peak Season 4 is coming; Themed “Explorers of the Underwild”.

The launch date for Season 4 has been indicated as 2021-03-25T07:00:00Z

Source: Changes to Event Schedule (March 2021 Onwards)

:man_superhero: :woman_superhero: Season 4 Heroes - Part 1

Initially in Beta V35, 8 Legendary Heroes were tested. In Beta V36.1 these heroes have returned for testing in addition to some Epic and Rare heroes too.

For more & detailed information see this thread:
🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:world_map: Season 4 Map & Gameplay Informaton

Beta V36.1 sees the initial testing of the new Map & Gameplay mechanics.

For more & detailed information see this thread:
🧪 Early Information on Season 4 Provinces & Gameplay [Part of The Beta Beat V36]

:game_die: Season 4 Summons Portal Information

For detailed information see this thread: 🧪 Early Information on Season 4 Underwild Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V36]

:performing_arts: Non-Season 1 Costumes

Initially tested in V35 of beta, these have returned in V36.2.

The initial testing was met with widespread anger, outrage and annoyance. Prompting staff to make this announcement: Addressing Upcoming Costumes

For all the information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:partying_face: QoL Improvements

QoL = Quality of Life

Nil yet announced in V36 Beta Testing.

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any insight into the future V36 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V36 Beta Testing Cycle

11 Feb, 2021

Beta V36.1 opened for testing featuring the return of Season 4 legendary Heroes as well as some 3&4* heroes.

16 Feb, 2021

Beta V36.1 is now closed for testing.

18 Feb, 2021

Beta V36.2 opened for testing, focusing on the return of Non-Season 1 costumes (Springvale specifically). Also get our first look at the means of summoning these costumes.

22 Feb. 2021

V36.2 beta closed.

24 Feb, 2021

V36.3 Beta opened for testing with a couple additional S4 hereos. Also shows the first look at the S4 map and summons portal.

1 Mar, 2021

Beta V36.3 closed.

3 Mar, 2021

Beta V36.4 opened for testing. Features one new S4 hero & additional testing of S4, the portal & map. Also features two new HotM’s (for May & June).

Other Beta Content

Other content that has been tested in Beta but is not yet released to live game includes:

• New War Rules (War Equalizer specifically)
  • Upcoming HotM’s

13 Likes

Beta Update

I will get the new hero info out and update older info tomorrow (within 12 hours).

Be patient. For now tho I give this info:
1x additional 5* hero
5x 4* (epic) heroes
4x 3* (rare) heroes

Also have added a new family bonus which seems pretty cool!! Stay tuned

21 Likes

Thank you for your time.

4 Likes

can you fix the lady loki bug please ?

2 Likes

Curious to see what new S4 heroes are in store

Update

The information is now all LIVE!!

Check the Season 4 Heroes thread for all the changes and new information!!

Includes the information about the Season 4 Family Bonus too

Thread: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

6 Likes

Beta Update

V36.1 of beta testing has closed for testing. No immediate indication when next beta is planned.

1 Like

As you know, when S3 released last Feb. all of monthly schedule was changed without prior notice. Especially AR moved from 4th week to 1st week event. I think S4 will release soon and SG should do prior notice for the change of monthly event schedule.

There were 0 Season 4 levels tested so far in Beta, and the portal was not tested either, and maybe few more Season 4 heroes will there too before it is released. So I think Season 4 release is at least few months away…
About SG plans of changing the monthly schedule: I have no information on that…

1 Like

Beta Update

More info: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

2 Likes

Beta Update

V36.3 has opened for testing, featuring:

• 3 more S4 heroes (2x legendary & 1x rare)
  • First 9 provinces of Season 4 map
  • Season 4 portal

I’ll have the new threads up tonight or tomorrow… The beta build for Android hasn’t yet been approved by Google so am waiting on that.

7 Likes

Thanks @Guvnor,

I wonder if the portal odds are the same then season 3 Valhalla

The three Featured five star Season 4 heroes will have 0.6% chance while the other season 4 five star heroes will have 1% in total. All other chances will be the same as Valhalla Forever.

3 Likes

Ok thanks for telling me this !

Annnd here are the updated threads;

Season 4 Heroes: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

Season 4 Gamepla/ Map: 🧪 Early Information on Season 4 Provinces & Gameplay [Part of The Beta Beat V36]

Season 4 “Underwild” Portal: 🧪 Early Information on Season 4 Underwild Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V36]

3 Likes

Beta Update

New threads:

Otherwise, check the OP for links to the S4 content :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Elrohir is June right?

Mmhmm; tis what the OP says :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, anyone knows information about beta v37(maybe)?

1 Like

Hi,

We have not received a v37 beta build yet for testing.
I think it should arrive soon (maybe later this week or next week).
As per earlier information we should get the costumes for some of the Sand Empire event heroes.
Other than that we have not received any hint about the possible content of v37.

1 Like