🧪 Early Information on Dunes (Season V) Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V47]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the War of the Dunes Summon Portal.

For information and discussion on the Season V HEROES, please see:

For information and discussion on the Season V EVENT please see:

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Featured Heroes

• Papyros
  • Khonshu
  • Sobek

Available Heroes

Dunes Portal currently includes the following Heroes:

• All of the Season 1 Classic Heroes
  • Legendary
    • Bennu
    • El Naddaha
    • Horus
    • Khafre
    • Khepri
    • Khonshu
    • Papyros
    • Sobek
  • Epic
    • Ahhotep
    • Azmia
    • Junaid
    • Ptolemy
    • Scoratek
  • Rare
    • Aqeela
    • Faiez
    • Jarif
    • Rekhetre
    • Waqas

In total, for Heroes that’s:

• Legendary: 8
  • Epic: 5
  • Rare: 5

Heroes we’ve seen in Beta that are not currently included:

• All known Heroes from Beta are included

Appearance Rates

As you may know from other threads, I held off on publishing the initial Appearance Rates, as we had been explicitly told that they weren’t finalized, and were incorrect.

Classic Season 1 Heroes

• Rare Classic Hero: 19.6%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 11.9%
  • Legendary Classic Hero: 0.9%

Season 5 Heroes

• Rare Season V Hero: 51.4%
  • Epic Season V Hero: 14.6%
  • Legendary Season V Hero (non featured): 0.6%
  • Legendary Season V Hero (Featured): 1.0%

BONUS DRAW

• Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

Bonus Ascension Material Chest

There is a bonus Ascension Material Chest for the portal.

Summon Costs

The Summon Costs for Dunes Summon:

• Single Summon: 100 Dunes Coins or 350 Gems
  • Summon x10: 3000 Gems
  • Summon x30: 8400 Gems

Dunes Coins

This item can be received as a reward from completing Season V Stages for the first time.

100 Dunes Coins are required for a free Dunes Summon.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

8 Likes

<insert rant about season 1 heroes still being included>

Portal seems to be very similar to season 4. Same odds. 3 featured heroes.

Not much to say since it’s just a standard portal.

It does seem like we could subtract 1% from classic rare heroes with each new season. Even if it just puts it into the seasonl rare percentages, it would be a small step that I could point to some progress.

But I’ve also accepted the odds and don’t see them changing it dramatcially.

22 Likes

Yeah same old same old structure. Some new faces.

5 Likes

Is there already any information about how the gem promotions will be? Day 1 will sell a promo with 3000 gems? Or promo with 300 gems and season coins? Or some other promo other than seasons 2, 3, 4? Thanksss!

We will see it just only when it arrives to the game.
I am expecting similar offers what we have for Underwild.

2 Likes

Season5 coins has just arrived to the game:

2 Likes

Will there be a house Harkonnen family bonus?

1 Like

FYI- I just filled an ice chest 30 min ago and it still had Underwild coins. So while dune coins are in-game the transition over is not complete.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like all the beta tested 5 stars will be live in this first instance of the portal- just one of each color. From SGG announcement:

2 Likes

Thx for the follow up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you personally like any of those 5*?

So actually I can completely predict what’s going to happen. I have absolutely no interest in that red hero. That will be the one I get

Horus is probably the one I’m most keen to get personally. Would round out my yellow stack very nicely.

3 Likes

He is a future yellow tank in high elo :slight_smile:

Also Khonsu could be tank even though he is a sniper, but at very fast speed giving 24% mana ailment for 3 turns and 70% dmg is a great tank option.

S5 is all about overpowered passives which probably arent blocked by taunters, thats why SG is releasing a taunter HOTM :wink:

2 Likes

sobek seems to be a beast as flank

1 Like

I’m waiting for the first hero with no skills, just passives! :scream::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Bennu is the beast :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

The portal is already in the game.
You can discuss it here: