:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 822 579 1138
4/80 953 671 1319
Origin Family
Knights of Avalon Avalon
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Inspiring Fencing
  • Deals 265% damage to the target.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +24% mana generation for 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +48% attack for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sir Lancelot was buffed in May 2020 to increase the direct damage from 250% up to 265%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Official Announcement: May 2020 Balance Update - Details & Release Notes

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Epic Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 25.1% chance of summoning Sir Lancelot.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 50 times out of 100, you’ll get Sir Lancelot by pull 24 (6,400 gems)
  • 94 times out of 100, you’ll get Sir Lancelot by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Sir Lancelot by pull 160 (41,600 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 50 out of every 100 people won’t get Sir Lancelot by the 24th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 24 times, 500,000 of those players wouldn’t get Sir Lancelot

• 6 out of every 100 people won’t get Sir Lancelot by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 60,000 of those players wouldn’t get Sir Lancelot

• 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Sir Lancelot by the 160th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 160 times, 10,000 of those players wouldn’t get Sir Lancelot

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Balance Changes:

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Sir Lancelot (post release)

Is Sir Lancelot worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many Sir Lancelot’s would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

What do you think Sir Lancelot’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Sniper)
  • Offence Geared Support
  • Defensively Geared Support

0 voters

What do you think of Sir Lancelot compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Sir Lancelot’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Sir Lancelot worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Sir Lancelot is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Sir Lancelot will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Wow, nobody has spoken about him? LOL.

I just drew him and was wondering what are people’s thoughts on him for those who have used him.

Thanks!

1 Like

I got 2 last time around, he’s…ok… there are certainly better 4* red options, depends on your roster but sadly I rarely use mine

3 Likes

I pulled him and my 2nd Noor. I didn’t have him, so that’s cool, but he seems kinda “meh”. If he was fast instead of average, I’d be more likely to use him. YMMV.

@Guvnor The poll question about special skill has a cut and paste Merlin instead of Prancealot.

1 Like

I pulled Lancelot last time Knights of Avalon was here and I’m wondering: with his low defence stat of 533, which emblem path would you follow? He has a high attack stat of 756 but, with 533 D, he’s not gonna last long.

So, even though he’s an attacker, would you go defense? :thinking: These numbers confuse me. :hushed: If someone could show their emblem path, it sure would help.

1 Like

He does not deserve for emblem.
Just max him and put him to Fire stack offense team.
He is a member of 4-1 Fire attack team against Telluria.
Have 2 good sniper beside him and let Lancelot boost up your sniper will faster mana generation and increase attack stats.

For 4* fighter emblem, I would rather give emblems to Boldtusk… he will be benefit from costume too.

I’m working on him now, but somewhat doubt I’ll give him blades. I already have BT at +20 and the two just seem so redundant. I suppose he’d be better than BT for lower tiers of events, but I always need a healer after level 10. Soooo, titans? When do folks prefer him over BT? Soon he’ll be competing with Reuben for materials…

In addition to Challenge Events, he’s a useful counter to attack debuffs during Bloody Battle Raid Tournaments, where BT’s healing is wasted.

But I agree, he’s a bit niche overall, BT would be my recommended priority until someone had sufficient bench depth to entertain expanding their options.

1 Like

They have different uses and roles to perform. Boldtusk is relied upon on his healing since he is one of the beefiest 4* heroes, so he doesnt die easily. That bulky defense is what makes him valuable so much because of the needed healing and attack buff. Best accompanied by Wilbur and Falcon since they all have the same mana speed, you need 2 more heroes that ideally can make the most damage out of the enemy heroes. Sir Lancelot cannot provide that since he only hits one and that one single damage is being divided to all remaining enemy heroes due to the damage sharing skill caused by Wilbur. These 2 slots are better reserved to other heroes that deal massive AOE damage, i.e. Colen, Sumle, etc. since each is hit and each hit is divided equally to all. Oh, I forgot, this is best applied when using monoattacks.

But for other attack set ups, I believe Sir Lancelot has a place in them. He may be sandwiched by heroes that have slow regenerating mana as they will benefit from Lance’s faster mana regen skill.

4 Likes

He’s good if you know how to use him properly. His greatest attribute is the 24% mana generation that comes with his special. The mana generation benefits nearby allies too. So if you place him in between two slow mana heroes, he will greatly boost their speed. In raid defense, place him in the center of a double formation and he’ll boost everyone’s mana.

2 Likes

Fully emblemed and limit broke, he is able to keep up with my 5* line up.

7 Likes

:exploding_head: wow! Nice states after LB. Not great but decent.

2 Likes

I am just about done maxing him. I could do some shuffling and max emblem him easily too if he’d be worth it.

I am FTP so I don’t have a lot of top tier hitters. I have some hitters but they aren’t fast and am wondering if his mana boost makes him worth it. I would use him as a support hero going HP/D to keep him alive to boost others.

His D does start low so I am not sure if the emblems help enough to warrant not boosting his already high A. I don’t mana much so he would be a mixed color mana booster for somewhat general use.

Anyone have experience with him like that to see how he works out?

Other competition is Elena and Tyr. Okay just got Tyr though so he is a bit out.

:beers:

1 Like

in my early days I often used him in a 3/2 stack. his special doesn’t do enough damage to really be a sniper (not at 265% damage), so he’s more of a backup hitter and supporter.

the mana boost and attack boost are noticeable though. he would combine well with slower, powerful hitters.

agree with an HP/D path, based on the above.

4 Likes

I have him emblemed att/def and he is a glass canon, very fragile. @Voraz 's Lancelot is probably emblemed def/hp, so here’s a comparison of stats:
Def/HP - 884 AT / 686 DEF / 1316 HP (with LB)
Att/Def - 861 AT / 620 DEF / 1150 HP (without LB)
I think I will reset my Lancelot and emblem him again by def/hp route.
Still I like him, I use him alot, he’s still in my titan team.

5 Likes

Thanks @sleepyhead and @Sorvina

I saved the aethers to LB him too just in case. My troops are woefully under leveled so his mana boost could be huge. I don’t have other mana boosters aside from Malicna and Seshat elemental link. Those both apply to dark only. I don’t have another 2021 HotM for Malicna. Ranvir can join Edgar to apply her boost, but that’s not typically an ideal pairing.

He wouldn’t make my titan team, but he could see A LOT of use.

2 Likes

I’m guessing the 2nd line is yours and you didn’t limit break him?
It’s funny that I look at my titan team and Marjana’s Atk is only 794 with all the attack nodes. If Lancelot goes past that with emblems, my titan team becomes Lancelot, Eichbelborg,Guardian Falcon, Scarlett, Sergei. I use banners to do the atk boost. The weakest is obviously Guardian Falcon, but need his EDD. If I got Marjana’s costume, that definitely changes things.

2 Likes

My current green titan line up is:

Ranvir
Guardian Falcon
Gormek
Boldtusk
Scarlett

Using banner in place of Boldtusk may be situational. My reds aren’t tough so his heal is nice. I think next hero up for A value is Azlar, so I don’t think Lancelot makes it anyway.

1 Like