Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :sun_with_face:
No Dark/Purple
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Healing, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this weekā€™s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes youā€™re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally donā€™t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think youā€™ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this weekā€™s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Teamā€™s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments ā€“ Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

Please note this important announcement from SG about the reduced loot:

:link: Related Threads

For all related links, please see the guide thread below:

=> Log of Past Tournaments

6 Likes
  • Do this weekā€™s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

Probably better since my purples arenā€™t good and my best yellow and red.

• Are there heroes youā€™re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally donā€™t make use of anymore?

No

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls

2 Likes

Calm down, calm down, nothing to see here, folks.

Put your Layla back in the freezer and start prepping your yellow tanks.

Anyone better than Li?

3 Likes

Defensively, I believe that Li is absolutely the best yellow 4* classic hero. But Iā€™m not familiar with all the extra speshul heroes so there might be a better yellow somewhereā€¦ (currently trying to search for lists of all 4* yellows ever released to compare)

EDIT: possible contenders: Danz, Gretel, Jackal.

EDIT #2: Danz has highest HP but unpredictable special. Jackal has the strongest attack + fast mana, but not very tanky. Both Gretel and Li are good mana controllers, slight edge to Li in terms of tankiness.

5 Likes

Good call

This graphic by @Dr.Null is a great resource

11 Likes

My first post after reading forum for almost a yearā€¦how this looks? Any advice?

4 Likes

Possibly switch Chao and Li?

But thatā€™s a decent line up

2 Likes

I think chao with +14 is better here then Liā€¦maybe notšŸ¤”?

Thereā€™s a lot of love/hate for Danzā€¦ personally I have found him to be annoying to fight against. But every player has their own individual ā€œworst enemiesā€, some heroes that others find difficult, I have no problem with, and vice versa.

Me when fighting Danz and he activates his special: ā€œPlease be snowflakeā€¦ please be snowflakeā€¦ come on, be snowflakeā€¦ā€ SWORDS ā€œNoooooooo!!!ā€ :laughing:

8 Likes

As Li is average, she will fire much faster at flank and slow the whole enemy team. Chao will be just behind her. But the other way around may be less effective, with Li waiting in the corner.

Also, maybe switch troops between li and jackal to boost jackalā€™s flimsy defence a little.

2 Likes

Better?

3 Likes

That would be what Iā€™d do, but you might get other opinions from the great and good :blush:

1 Like

Ok-ish. I got 5 maxed yellows to field. No emblems, but it should be good enough. Bloody battle suits well, since none of them are healers. Iā€™m glad Itā€™s no purple instead of no yellow, as my purple roster is full of healers.

I more or less trained up Hu Tao for this purpose only.

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

No. I already have all yellow vanilla 4* maxed and got no heroes to train. Only leveling up some 1-2* with the heroes I get from regular farming.

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

My yellow vanilla 4*s +Danza. Still debating whether Li Xiu or Hu Tao is the better tank.

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think youā€™ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

Gretel and Guardian Jack would do well. Hu Tao and Li Xiu are difficult too. Got no way to deal with any of them, so I just have to power through.

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

Wilbur will most likely be in all teams, because heā€™s the only non-healer 4* I gave emblems too. Iā€™m pretty limited. 3 usable colours and no healers, I donā€™t like fielding my defense debuffers (Gormek,Grimm,Buddy, Wilbur) together and the slow mana heroes are bad too. Scarlett & Kelile will propably be used a lot. Sonya and Caedmon are ok, though there are only 2 yellow 4* buffers. So depends a bit on if Iā€™m facing a mono yellow or a mixed team.

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

Pretty much the same answer as above. Yellow is weak, purple canā€™t be used, healers are useless (thouh BT/Kiril buff could be nice). Iā€™ll propably stack 3 red + 2 blue or green, but it depends on the enemy.

I guess I will try this lot ā€¦ any thoughts? At least they are all looking in the same direction!

5 Likes

Only have enough orbs for one. Have li at 4/70+6 and jackal at 4/70+11. Would you max Chao,or the monkey for my third defense option ?

Wu,no doubtā€¦not so grate for defence but in this situation,he is betterā€¦later,he is game changerā€¦

I bring what I have so farā€¦

Other max heroes: Jack Oā€™Hare+1, Hansel+3, Wilbur+5, Falcon+11.
I prefer def down Grimm, and next fast heroes with deal damage.
Any advices are welcome :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Which one would you chose or anything different? - Klick the picture.

The first one looks great referring to color distributionā€¦but lacking Sonya as debuffer and having 3 fighters which talent ability will be disabled.
Looking forward to your advice.

So happy we donā€™t have to 1s or 2s! Please, can we not do that again?!?

But anywhoodles, hereā€™s my lineup:

1 Like