🏅 [Sep 15, 2019] 22nd Raid Tournament! — 4* Bloody Battle, No Dark/Purple

Going with team mana control. Panda should be maxed by kick off.

9 Likes

7 Likes

This is what I’m going with because my yellow team is pretty thin, in addition to most of my 4* duplicates being kind of thin. The last time we had a color restricted tournament, I made as close to a mono-color defense as possible and got wrecked.

I’m a bit leery about flank Grimm, but I think this is my most effective defense. Does pretty good keeping me in diamond or high plat in raids, but I have a max Elkanen tank there, so… idk🤷🏻‍♂️

3 Likes

Help, the last 4* tournament with help with deffense I made 1%

So, anyone?SmartSelect_20190915-134407_Empires

I also have Li Xiu in 4/26, could invest in her…
And Hu Tao 1/21, and Boldtusk is my best deffense red, Kelile are 722 and Bold 786.

I like Danzaburo. Mine is at 4*+1.

My Li Xiu is still 4* 3.60 because she is best on defense. Might level to 4*+1 now that I have a decent amount of 3* ascension items ( low on 4* ascension items and 5* heroes to use them on )

Both my mid Platinum defense, and my low Platinum defense, use Danzaburo for center, or flank. Mid Platinum used Boldtusk and Rigard but this is Bloody Battle. Low platinum uses Proteus center but this is no purple.

Danzaburo and Wu Kong ( together they fight crime)

Pairing Wu Kong with Danzaburo since all my yellow 4* heroes are better at attack than defense.

Matchmaking

Considering how matchmaking appears to work on tourneys, I expect to be attacked a lot as Wu Kong and Danzaburo cause my defense matchmaking to be highly variable.

RNG

I expect this to be crazier than 2* tourneys given Bloody Battle and no Rigard.

4 Likes

You’ve helped me in the past. Would like your thoughts with this lineup on the event.

Best to have a yellow in the middle. Chao is ok, Li Xiu is better, but you’d have to train her a bit.

My suggestion:
Grimm-Kelile-Li-Chao-Gretel

2 Likes

I see two options for myself this time around:

ALL Yellow:

Or Yellow tank and then a share-the-burn setup:

The all yellow team suffers a -135 Team Power deficit, BUT… does an opponent being able to strong stack blue against my Wilbur+Colen flanks make that an overall weaker team?

I have this feeling that the enemy team sharing damage with -44% Def, in conjunction with a burn from Colen and then strong slash attacks from Wu Kong… that might do the job?

Good gaming!

1 Like

I’d go for all yellow. Against the other team they can just stack all blue, kill Colen before he fires and use Wilbur’s shared damage against you

4 Likes

@Fizban, you have 2 jackal, and thats perfect, I also prefer all yellow if I were you.
Elemental yellow defense down will have advantage from yellow slash/skill hero attack damage, even from defender.

3 Likes

@Rapisu, I suppose All Yellow is most effective since denying my opponent the ability to stack anything strong against ANY of my heroes has significant value to it. I’m going to shuffle around the order of my yellow screenshot above, but it makes sense to make stacking ineffective - neutral damage from any color they bring, vs. strong options for them.

Also, I do hesitate with Wilbur, since he can be turned against me with a simple Pulverizer. :slight_smile: My initial thought was that he’d help in the absence of a healer, but might as well not make a clear opening for anyone who wants to bring a -Def hero to counteract him.

@jinbatsu - I do feel fortunate to have multiple Jackals, but they are just so fragile! But I’ll put them on the edges, let them randomly apply -HolyDef to a couple enemies, and hope that Wu Kong slash damage will help.

I just hope Danzaburo cooperates. :wink:

2 Likes

Going yellow brick road

3 Likes

My def. team…

1 Like

Bonsoir à toutes et tous,
Je tenais à vous remercier pour le partage de proposition concernant l alignement des héros pour les raids ,vos choix et vos différents point de vue me sont très utile. Bon jeu à tous, cordialement

1 Like

Jackal Chao Li Wu Hu

2 Likes

Kinda curious why I’m not seeing HuTao get more tank love??? In a tournament with no purple to take him out quickly and no Rigard to cleanse his blinding, I thought Hu would be the perfect tank. His blinding is killer if you can’t cleanse it. Here’s my lineup…

2 Likes

I’d suspect it’s because most people on the forum did not invest fighter emblems in one.

1 Like

I have danza sitting 3/60, I can ascend but doubtful I can max before Wednesday. Here’s what I am considering, or should I tank falcon+19, is a beast.

1 Like

Hu Tao is my tank by necessity. Him and Wu are my only 4* maxed yellows. I’m not keen on Wu in defense. I’m using:

Grimm Gormek Hu Caedmon Triton

My best 4* are blue and red (and purple but they’re excluded). I’ll probably be using variations on stacking those two colours for attack.