Continuing the discussion from Elradir – 5* Nature/ Green - June 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) – Initial Release:
In the Elradir thread, there was some speculation about what he can reflect and what he can’t and that changed a little bit to what exactly counts as status effect.
First of all, all heroes in question:
So Reuben definitely reduce every damage from effects like burn, poison…
He also reduces damage from gullibrunsti, which is a status effect.
But he does not reduce the damage from Baldur:
In this video we can see someone evade Baldur’s auto hit with a talent, we can see he targets taunt heroes, and we can see, that Reuben doesn’t reduce the damage. When he hits the active QoH he does 170Hp damage with Reuben active and 162Hp without Reuben, the rest are the same buffs.
So is Baldurs damage no status effect? I have no idea, he behaves like both.
- He can be blocked with mist like every status effect
- He gets removed during cleaning wars, like all status effects
- The damage each round is stated under status effects, when it’s active during battle
So this indicates, that his damage is more or less a status effect.
- Reuben doesn’t reduce the damage to 50% like he does with every other status effects
- Baldur’s damage can be dodged, normal status effects can’t be dodged, gulli will always do damage against everyone, kadilen c for example or class talent can’t dodge it
- Baldur always targets taunt heroes, gulli isn’t influenced with taunt at all and targets all.📯 Gullinbursti – New Season 3 Hero – 4* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback - #250 by ferg
But this seems to work as intended, heroes who only target one enemy should prefer taunt, heroes like gulli or Carol who target more can ignore taunt.
[Solved -- V32 Update] Bug in Baldur and Queen of Hearts interaction
So this speaks for Baldur’s round damage as a special skill.
Reuben against mindless attack does nothing, tested it got nearly the same damage, definitely not only 50%, that’s because the damage from mindless attack is a special skill.
Mindless attack, targets taunt heroes, at least the few tries I did it always was like that. Not so easy to test it a lot, so if someone can screenshot something different, please feel free to share it.
So this works like suspected, Mindless attack is a status effect that change the targets special but can be cleansed and blocked. But the damage done is a special skill and behaves like one (not reduced by Reuben, targets taunters, can be reflected and dodged)