Reuben – 5* Fire/ Red - December 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM RELEASED for December 2020: Reuben

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Reuben, as well as your thoughts on him.

If you’d like to discuss whether Reuben is appropriately balanced, or possibly in need of a buff or nerf, please see this thread instead: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Reuben

Reuben

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Cleric
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 825 794 1411
4/90 944 909 1615
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2020
Image Aether Power Description
rage Rage At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% attack, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resists: This Hero has the innate resistance against ailments that affect Mana Generation. Doesn’t apply to status ailments that stop mana generation or steal mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Occult Redemption
  • Deals 310% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • All allies get -75% reduction to damage received from status effects for 4 turns.
  • Element Link summons a Fire Minion for all Fire allies with 6% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2020 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% healing.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Dec 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no real changes to Reuben from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

There was a 6 point bump in both attack and defence stats.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the December 2020 HOTM (Reuben)

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Reuben?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Reuben.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Reuben and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Reuben worth summoning for?

• Would you use Reuben on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Reuben?

• What heroes would you take when facing Reuben as an opponent?

• Would you give Reuben Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Reuben’s special?

• What do you think of Reuben’s character design?

• If you Summoned Reuben and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Reuben, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Reuben when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Reuben, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Reuben (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Reuben), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

NOTE: If you’d like to discuss whether Reuben is appropriately balanced, or perhaps in need of a buff or nerf, please see this thread instead: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Reuben

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

10 Likes

Feedback Poll - Reuben (post release)

:question: Is Reuben worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Reuben would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Reuben’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Support Damage Dealer
  • Status Effect Damage Reducer (DoT predominately)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Reuben compared to other Heroes?

Note Discuss Balance issues more here: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Reuben

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Reuben’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Reuben worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Reuben is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Reuben is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Note on Reubens’ Buff!!

Putting this here for visibility.

Reubens’ second part of his special skill (where it says "All allies get -50% reduction to damage received from status effects") refers to all status effects which impart damage. A list of examples:

• Burn / Poison / Sand / Water Damage (DoT)
  • Witch Hunter Damage (Hansel & Gretel)
  • Charged Damage (from Gullinbursti)

I am not sure on the following but will update my list when known:

• Mindless attack (from Merlin / Zocc)
  • Brawler damage (from Baldur)
  • Dancing End damage (from Guardian Gazelle)
  • Stacks (? from Skadi)
9 Likes

Why cleanser is choice on the poll for its primary purpose while he doesn’t have any cleanse? :thinking:

Elemental link minions has 10 attack stats I presume?

Hi, @Guvnor,
What does “P2P” mean? I didn’t find it in the E&P Jargon dictionary.
Yours :smiling_imp:

P2P = pay to play
F2P = free to play
C2P = cheap to play
P2W = pay to win

3 Likes

Simply… I like him! I like average heroes and I love to use them for their purpose. I don’t want in the game outstanding heroes who go to change the meta. Reuben has his purpose and I will try to get him.

3 Likes

I don’t think he’s that bad. Usually we tend to rate heroes worser and then they turn out to be slightly better then our first impressions. He’s still going to be really good in buff booster tournaments, introducing a new buff to stack

His innate ability is kind of redundant as well since he’s already cleric to begin with

Hi, @Ruskin505,
That is, P2P is everyone who is not a F2P - did I understand correctly?
In other words, P2P includes P2W and P2E (Play to Enjoy), and C2P are somewhere between F2P and P2P. Right? :slight_smile:

There’s no defined groups, but I’ve seen some posts attempting to bucket them. Generally I would say F2P and P2P are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive, but there are plenty of subcategories. I’ve never heard of P2E though.

I almost always answer the “worth summoning for” question with “Only if you’re P2P”. As f2p my summoning opportunities are more limited and generally come down to an either or decision. For Morlovia I had ~30 EHT and used them in November rather than October because I decided Glenda > Zulag. I have 5 EHT and will use them in December rather than January because I think Reuben > Bertilla. Perhaps that belongs more in the “only if you’re summoning for someone else category”. Regardless, I think about it as which heroes do I most want and how do I go for them. The recent HOTM have been decent, but not superstars, so I don’t pull just trying to get the HOTM.

@Ruskin505, thanks for the clarification, thanks a lot! Enjoy your game! :slight_smile:

Got him on my 5th single pull using EHTs.

Also got Carol on my 3rd pull. One more extra EHT. Will use it sometime this month.

7 Likes

Sad to see him released with 215% dmg. This is Thoth Amun tier in 2020. Kadilen does similar dmg to all and arguably her 74% special skill def provides more protection than 50% DoT protection. Now when Vela is no longer a threat and everyone built a bench of cleansers for GTV wars, his skill is too little too late. Sadly, because I love his artwork and would gladly have him in my collection. But like this… not worth chasing.

It should have been him in July and Noor now.

18 Likes

Got him, but not impressed really. He’s a little too late imo

7 Likes

Got him twice using EHT’s on Santa’s Challenge summons. He will go 3.70 for sure, but not 4.80 before i ascend Santa and Khagan (which i also got during EHT summons).

2 Likes

His design says: “What? You want me to fight? But I am tired!”.

That said, he has his purpose, though with Vanda/Grazul/Garnet you just block all effects outright, but his DoT reduction lasts longer so it will be easier to use. And 215% fast damage to three isn’t that bad either.

5 Likes

What about reposte? Is it considered as a status effect?
This could change the interest I have in him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, mistake on my part. Have removed that one and reset.

@Ruskin505 answered but it means “pay to play”; typically a term referring to those who spend a bit of money for their enjoyment

1 Like