I tracked all of my raids for the month of August (I ended the tracking early since my holy 3tack is changing significantly) and I wanted to share what I learned.
I fought ~22 raids per day
Record: 528-39, a 93.1% winning percentage
I suspect I use 3/1/1 more than most people because I never took Mother North off the field.
Defense Tank Color Prevalence
|Color||My Raids||In Top 100|
The middle column is how often I fought a tank of a certain color. The right hand column is the share each color has, per Titan Mafia’s survey of the Top 100 defenses. I do raid into the top 100, and while this comparison is imperfect, it is the only one available.
I never re-rolled by hitting the re-roll button. However, if I did not like a matchup I allowed myself to select a tower revenge instead. This effectively gave me a re-roll, but I had a limited number. A few observations:
- It makes sense to me that green tanks are increasingly rare as you raid higher, thought they’re rare even in the part of the Diamond Arena where I primarily reside.
- I had assumed I was dodging red tanks a bit, as Mother North’s presence guarantees I have 1-2 heroes that are weak against the tank. This may not be the case.
- At the same time, Mother North’s presence means I don’t think I ever turn down a blue tank. This appears to be borne out in the numbers.
- I don’t feel I’m dodging purple, but am fairly confident I am on yellow. My anti-Guin team is under construction, but not prepared to take her if she has a stellar supporting cast.
Win Rate Against Tank Color
|Green||98.0%||My single loss here was to an Elkanen tank|
|Yellow||94.5%||Clearly I am selecting my spots against Guinevere well|
|Purple||89.6%||It’s what you’d expect - Kunchen is 79 of the 135 purple tanks and accounts for 11 of the 14 losses|
Offensive Hero Usage
A few observations:
- LOOK AT LI XIU MAKING 24% OF MY RAIDS!!!
- That will plummet to zero now that Jackal is ready to go, but she served well and has a solid usage curve to my eyes. See you in the wars, LX!
- This table is NOT exhaustive - I am showing only the top 10.
- Buddy + Caedmon would be ~33%. Mid-month I replaced Buddy with Caedmon as an experiment to see if who would be a better third green and if I could take emblems off of Buddy.
- Gravemaker logged only 17.3% usage. I am probably under-using them.
Win Rate by Offensive Hero
- Again, this table is NOT exhaustive - I removed heroes who fought in only a small number of raids.
- Given their high usage, Evelyn, Mitsuko, and Evelyn all posted outstanding win rates.
- I removed Aegir from all raid teams after seeing his numbers. Kiril seems a better fit. I don’t necessarily think this means Kiril is a better raider than Aegir, but his immediate heal seems necessary given that I am rarely fielding a full set of durable five star heroes and that Mother North’s heal is already so slow.
- That said, my blue team struggles across the board.
- Tiburtus was also removed from all raid teams after seeing his numbers. Sabina basically subbed in for him and performed much better. Her skill and better tile damage are a better fit with Seshat and Proteus in my purple stacks.
Defensive Hero Usage
- Clearly not exhaustive (you could tell, right?).
- A full comparison seems unnecessary - it is clear I am fighting easier competition than the top 100.
- I think the biggest thing that stood out to me here was the prevalence of TC20 heroes. This strongly suggests that even a F2P can play in the Diamond Arena, given enough time.
Win Rate by Defensive Hero
- I removed heroes with very few fights, but was a bit less stringent here, as the sample size is just smaller, per hero, than on offense. So any of these could be skewed by the sample size.
- Kadilen. I wrote about this recently in a thread discussing her and Zeline. It could be the sample size, but it’s 51 battles - she won 8.
- What is Wu Kong doing (31 fights, he won 4)? No other four star has a win rate that’s even close (and they certainly all lose more than my normal win rate). Caedmon is the next closest four star at 5.3%. Interesting.
- Thorne is also a major surprise (45 raids, 5 wins), both because he’s much-maligned AND because I have Mitsuko (so can often just reflect and kill him). While he has no secondary ability, he does survive well and hits hard.
- A few heroes that I thought were interesting to note: the much vaunted (and prevalent) Lianna wins 7.6% - close to my normal win rate (and just BELOW Thoth-Amun).
- Marjana won only 2.4% of her 126 defenses against me. Underwhelming.
- As noted, four stars other than Wu Kong struggled. Kiril and Boldtusk both logged zero wins in 32 and 48 encounters, respectively. Also putting up a zero? Frida, in 47 attempts (probably the Mitusko factor, making Thorne’s wins even more impressive in my mind).
- I didn’t do great against purple. I expect that to take care of itself, as I will be benching Li Xiu for a Jackal +18. Again, this change is the reason I closed the raid tracking period.
- It is clear I also need some work against red. I see very few paths to improvement (no Magni coming in and I don’t have the telescopes anyway), other than to emblem Kiril and Frida. I am leaning strongly towards doing both (alternatives are Onatel and Falcon).
- Ranger emblems: Caedmon has been a par (or better) substitute for Buddy, which means I can reset the latter for Seshat or Evelyn (Caedmon is +18 and has no competition for the Druid emblems).