You may have read my previous post about my raid stats. This is the next edition. As costumes are now available, it felt appropriate to close another tracking period, analyze the data, and see what I can learn.
August 26, 2019 - November 25, 2019
Record: 1,995-126, a 94.1% winning percentage (up from 93.1% in the previous period!)
~23 raids a day; one wonders if I am sleeping enough.
|Configuration||Previous Period||Current Period|
- I may take a deeper look at why my 4/1 usage went up, especially since I’m winning only 90.7% of those raids.
- In the previous period I noted that I was clearly underusing Gravemaker. One way I addressed that was to put him in more 3/1/1 raids where he and Mother North were paired with another elemnt’s 3tack.
- I win more in 3/2 than 3/1/1 (95.4% and 93.8% respectively). Improving the minor stack seems smart, but I suspect I’d lose too much by pulling my single most powerful hero (Mother North) and ‘forcing’ a 2tack. It’d be different if I had an even close to comparably powerful hero in whatever element. For now I regard this difference as small but am making a note that it’s an area I may want to revisit in the future.
Defense Tank Color Prevalence
|Color||Previous Period||Current Period||In Top 100|
The table shows how often I battled a tank of each color and the share of the Top 100 each color has, per Titan Mafia’s most recent reporting period.
- I’m not sure there’s much new here. I continue to readily tackle blue teams because of Mother North. As I noted last period, green tanks are rare, and are probably increasingly so as you move into the Top 100.
- Anecdotally, I’d say I saw fewer Guinevere tanks, noticeably so. N.B. I’m not saying I fought fewer - I’m saying I wasn’t offered as many in my matchups.
Win Rate Against Tank Color
|Color||Previous Period||Current Period|
- One of the decisions I made from the previous tracking period was to emblem Kiril and Frida. That appears to have dramatically improved my results against red tanks.
- Green merits some explanation. Basically I started thinking, ‘lol - free iron’ every time I saw one. I think I was overly aggressive and foolish, trying to tackle them with weak-ish teams. Once I realized this was happening, I reined it in a bit. I also emblemed a few red heroes. Doing a quick split between the first half of my attacks and the second seems to show this response was effective: 90.6% win rate in the first half, 93.7% in the second half.
- My win rate against purple tanks (read: Kunchen) improved quite a bit. I used Li Xiu in my previous period, and replaced her with Jackal +18 for this one. In fact, that shift was the whole reason I closed the previous period; I wanted to easily be able to see Jackal’s impact.
Offensive Hero Usage
|Hero||Current Period||Previous Period|
- One of my major goals from the previous periods review was to increase Gravemaker’s usage. Obviously that goal was met.
- Several core heroes - Evelyn, Onatel, Leonidas, and Mitsuko - saw their usage decline. I think this is because Gravemaker and Seshat took on more prominent roles, but I think the back end of my roster also stepped up (I am basing this partly off of data not shown in the table, when Boldtusk, Wilbur, Sabina, etc. were plugged in).
- Caedmon’s usage is basically unchanged: in the previous period I was testing both him and Buddy (and ultimately went with him to match Evelyn’s mana speed) - they combined for ~33% usage in the previous period.
- It is clear that I now view a heavily emblemed Kiril as a more viable option, leading to an increase in his usage.
Win Rate by Offensive Hero
- Sabina deserves a mention here! She was replaced by a second Seshat midway through the period, but not before posting a 105-7 record. Very serviceable. And she had no emblems, FYI.
- It is clear to me that Rigard needs emblems to keep up - he struggled even with low usage (meaning I only put him out in situations I thought were ideal for him).
- This table reflects my hiccup against green tanks. Falcon and Wilbur didn’t have emblems but I was bringing the, to the table; they dragged Boldtusk’s win rate down. Scarlett only took the field once emblemed, so her win rate gives me optimism about my red stacks for the next period.
Defensive Hero Usage
- No conceptual change from the previous period - in fact it’s the same 9 plus Onatel replacing Richard (who was 11th in this period).
- Again, it’s worth noting the prevalence of TC20 heroes, particularly the snipers.
Win Rate by Defensive Hero
- I continue to think that Thoth-Amun and Kadilen are much stouter defenders than many believe.
- I required 40 appearances to get into the table, though many heroes look potentially worrisome in smaller samples. One I knew about is Alice - she would actually top the table. One that surprised me is Inari, who would be right behind her. Both were 35 battles so I’m not ready to draw a conclusion yet - just something I’ll keep in mind.
- Boril is the highest placing qualifying four star. I have to go pretty far to find the next one: Proteus at 5.9%. Meaning all the four stars other than Boril posted below average win rates.
- Thorne posted a sterling win rate against me in the previous period. This time he only notched 2.4% in 164 fights. It’s very possible I wasn’t looking out for him before and, once aware of him, I dealt with him better / sooner this time.
- Let’s look at the TC20 snipers: Sartana 6.6%, Lianna 5.9%, Joon 5.6%, Magni 5.4%, Marjana 4.7%. They’re Diamond worthy, but hardly superstars. Possibly this is one of the many manifestations of power creep.
- I’m mostly happy with how I’m doing against each element tank, especially because I think I addressed the red vs. green situation midway through the period. But it is worth monitoring. If I dig deeper here it’d probably be by specific hero more than by element (e.g., maybe Guinevere has become less problematic now that I have two Seshats, but perhaps I want to improve against Onatel).
- Raid configuration is a potential area for more research. There are at least two things I should consider: investigating why I’m losing more with 4/1, and if it is worth ‘forcing’ 3/2, at the cost of benching Mother North or making the minor 2tack weak against the tank.
- Rigard needs emblems. I have stopped feeding Mother North to help him, especially now that I have his costume.