To Thorne or not to Thorne...this is a question?

I really like this advice. You take any 4* or 5* hero up in levels to a reasonable point, and see if they fit with your play style and current team. Additionally, it gives you time to see if something you desire more comes along, which doesn’t even have to be a 5*, maybe you are leveling your first purple 5*, and pull Proteus. You swithc gears, and then return the 5* to the prioirty when you are done if no one else intrigues you more.

3 Likes

Exactly! It’s easier to make a decision once you get familiar with the certain heroes.
Nothing to lose but everything to gain.

1 Like

Since his last buff Thorne is a good hero and while next to Ares he would hit even harder.
I would do him… even if I were in you I would give all of the paladin’s emblems to Ares.

Another vote for going with him if you don’t have better. It was over a year b4 I got a 2nd blue 5 (Lepus) so I’m glad I didn’t wait. I’m c2p and use him at +6 as my tank and stay around 24-2500 cups. I can’t wait to see him at +10 or 11 myself but even now I win about 40% of my defending raids. I run Viv- Lianna+7- Thorne+6- Marjana+7- Sartana+6. He fits in well so I’m happy. :relaxed:

This thread is super helpful for me! My thorne is at 2/50 now. So pretty soon I will have to decide whether I wanna spend materials on him. In my mind, I am already like 90% positive I wanna max him (f2p; Thorne is my only 5* blue). I just wanted to do more research and get more input from others. Thanks!

2 Likes

Since the V20 buff there has been a definite shift on the posts about Thorne. Before he was pretty much universally panned. After the buff many still criticize him, but there are numerous knowledgeable posters who have said that he’s much improved and now viable, though still not amazing.

I recently tracked a ton of my raids and was surprised to find that Thorne was the 12th winningest defender against me. That put him above many stout defenders, including Delilah, Lianna, Magni, and Zimkitha.

Take him up.

9 Likes

That bis a great bit of work @IvyTheTerrible

Similar to when SG showed that Yunan and Bosswolf were excellent defenders.

Sometimes the consensus of experience isn’t born out in the statistics.

5 Likes

I’m one telescope away from the final ascension mats for Thorne, and since I only have Grimm and Boril I have taken Thorne to 3.50ish and was ready to finish him off. Then the other day I pulled Miki so I’m thinking I may just finish taking Thorne to 3.70 and go gung ho on Miki. I have enough capes for Miki so he also just needs one telescope. I’m still up in the air though, cause I have Wu for Titans already and really need another blue for everything else.

Feeling better about feeding Thorne all the time. Got him at 3^40 now, and he’s on track for scopes. Thanks for this bit of hard data.

2 Likes

If I ever get six scopes again, I think he may get the call for me, honestly.

1 Like

You definitely convinced me to give him a shot…in the meantime I eventually got kiril, so before maxing thorne I’ll improve my healers team (only 4 - boldie, sabina, mel and rigard - kiril was missing).

Miki is also my second 5* blue but I will max Thorne when I get scopes if no other blue 5* comes my way. Miki seems too slow for my playstyle,so until my mana troops are high enough to make him average he is relegated to titans only with mana pots

1 Like

Yeah I can’t fault that thinking. Plus with ivydata’s erm data, he’s prolly a good choice after all. Miki seems more for just Titans and map/quest bosses.

I’m still using him at 3.70 along with rest of my team of maxed 4*s and so far doing same or better in raids than when I use a 4.50 Triton instead of him.

That’s really great to hear, as I hate facing Triton. He’s such a hard hitter that I always steer my tiles to the other side of the board until Proteius can shut him up, haha.

Thorne or Isarnia?

I have Aegir+6 as my only blue 5*. After a year of play, Grimm still hasn’t found his way to me.
So I think the Ice Queen is the right choice for Titans and a 3-2 blue stack with Aegir and Kiril (Triton)?

Thorne is a solid choice for tank/flank.

Best to bring him to 3/70 and decide again.
Also, it depends if you are F2P / C2P / P2P.

If P2P, wait for Atlantis or some other even to pull.

If your answer was for me, I have Aegir+6. He’s my tank at war, because we play blue tanks.
My regular tank is Guin. I do not know in which group I am located with less than 50 euros spent.
Maybe vC2P :smile:

Isarnia and Thorn are both at 3.70., but I can’t use them on our 10* and occasionally 11* Titans.
Thorne’s attack is too weak and Isarnia get’s one shotted.

1 Like

For you, it has to be Isarnia.

Rare though for someone playing so long without Grimm in their roster. :rofl:

2 Likes

Not only Grimm, I miss Boldtusk too :cry:
Two of the best 4s in the game…

1 Like