Kadilen V. Zeline?

I’m really happy to see this thread pop up, as Kadilen has been on my mind a lot lately. She has been a real problem for me to raid against this month.

Against Zeline

August raid record against teams that have Zeline in defense: 20-1

I looked through each individual raid to try to get a picture of why this is. When facing Zeline, one of two things is VERY likely to occur:

1. I am facing a red tank and bring a blue 3tack, one of whom is Kiril.
  2. I decide to use a 3/2, stack the 2 against Zeline, and one of those is Boldtusk.

Both very effectively counter Zeline while not compromising my team mechanics (wanted color, skill of healing, skill of buffing), and since she’s almost always flank or wing I can usually get the timing right to flip her debuff.

Against Kadilen

August raid record against teams that have Kadilen in defense: 38-7

Reviewing these match ups, I note the following:

1. There are times I fight Kadilen and have no dispeller. Let’s be real - between buffing, debuffing, mana control, cleanse, etc., sometimes you just can’t answer every threat. Example: Kunchen tank makes it hard to bring a dispeller.
  2. Alternatively, there are times I bring a (usually limited area) dispeller, but it often has to deal with a different set of buffs more urgently (Ares, Alberich, etc.). Meaning I find getting the timing of stripping Kadilen’s special right less often.

Reviewing my attack team compositions there is little evidence that I ever specifically select heroes to counter Kadilen. Perhaps that is a mistake and I need to pay more attention to her.

Conclusion

To be clear, I do NOT think Kadilen is as good as Zeline. But I think too many people are kind of hand-waving her away and generally underestimating her. I was going to point out that I’ve seen Kerridoc say that, with emblems, she has surprised, but I see they are already in the thread stating as much.

I have Kadilen and if I had the tonics I’d max her (N.B. I do have Evelyn), as she seems valuable to me in a variety of situations.

11 Likes