🌑 Papyros – Season 5 Hero – 5* Holy / Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Hero is Released: Papyros

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Papyros, as well as your thoughts on him.

Papyros

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Druid
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 876 883 1691
4/90 1003 1010 1935
Origin Family
Season 5 Moon
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
60% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
* Boosts health of all allies by 10%. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
* All allies gain a small amount of mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Summon Sand Golems
  • Summons a Sand Golem Minion for each with 14% HP and 18% attack inherited from the caster. Each time the Sand Holem Minion is attacked by normal attacks or Special Skills, the attacker gets the following status ailment:
    • The target receives 294 Sand damage over 3 turns.
  • All allies get +30% defense for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Moon Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -24% defense for 2 turns and 196 Water damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75 %/ 100%

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Papyros from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Season 5 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46,v47]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Papyros ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Papyros.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Papyros and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Papyros worth summoning for?

• Would you use Papyros on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Papyros ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Papyros as an opponent?

• Would you give Papyros Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Papyros’s character design?

• If you Summoned Papyros and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Papyros, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Papyros when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Papyros, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Papyros (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Papyros), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Papyros (post release)

:question: Is Papyros worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Papyros would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Papyros’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Defense Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Papyros compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Papyros’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Papyros’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Papyros worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Papyros is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Papyros is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Papyros worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Papyros then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

Does this hero summon a minion for all allies? The card doesn’t seem to specify. I assume so, but I’m often wrong. Thank you!

He does. :+1:

2 Likes

So…here he is as a 2nd pull.

Not sure what I will do with him because I don’t have the mats as I just finished Motega. My other yellow in the leveling queue is Malosi and I am debating between the two.

3 Likes

The sand damage could be nasty, but you have to give him emblems for maxing those minions health… not quite sure how I find him. The purple one is absolutely nuts…

2 Likes

From 60 pulls, not a single 5 star hero. I wish all the developers next month sallary an anvelope full of 3 star heros. I’m out of spending money, hope game will survive with f2p guys.

6 Likes

I think it’s definitely too bad to be an s5 hero. a complete disappointment. he might just be a hotm hero

9 Likes

14% health on a 1487hp… That’s minions to all worth of at least 208hp each (which will become a lot higher with health emblem path). And with 30% def up once one is hit… And they can’t miss them, as all allies get a minion.
I like him. Pulled him this morning and will max him after the 3* and 4* s5 heroes.

9 Likes

He seems like the Freya of this portal.

5 Likes

Seems like a weak hero. Maybe once people have him and start playing around with him he could be strong… but I’m not seeing it right now. He does no damage when he goes off, he only puts up some relatively weak minions which need to survive to do any damage and a fairly low defense up. And that damage is just a DoT. Gets completely shut down by Bera or even Kvasir. Pulled him, but won’t be leveling him until I see some videos of him somehow being awesome. Seems every portal has a dud in it… this is the equivalent of Jade in the ninja tower. Like someone above said, this seems like a HOTM kind hero. Not a brand new S5 hero.

11 Likes

All I wanted from this portal was Junaid, didn’t get him :sob: but I did get Papyros :upside_down_face:

Sorry to everyone else who pulled him! He isn’t a good hero with what little he does, compare him to Bera or Freya or Hulda and he just comes across as very weak, also the DoT can only occur if the minion is directly hit, so if he hides his minions behind another summoners minions then his special does even less.

Freya is hands down better than him, passive or no passive, and Bera and Hulda are much better.

12 Likes

Anyone out there leveled and used him yet? Interested on feedback from usage. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I fully emblemed him in Beta, did not LB him. He was a low impact hero, even with his passive activating he did not bring anything of import to the battle. I stand by my assessment above.

Though I will say he isn’t specifically broken. He can be used he just honestly should have been a Fast speed hero.

13 Likes

Thanks, thoughts on using as a pair with Pengi?

2 Likes

Pengi will benefit from having Papyros for sure, both for the obvious reason of more minions for Pengi being a great thing, but also because the DoT from Pap’s minions being attacked will add to Pengi’s DoT.

It will not be a bad setup, best of luck :+1:

2 Likes

Pulled paperboy over here and am very disappointed to read the underwhelming responses. My only hope is that most of you are wrong. Now I need to decide whether to work on him or Inari instead.

5 Likes

My defense team currently has Rana as my holy hero. Pulled Papyros in my s5 opening 10-pull. Thinking he might make a good replacement (also have bera and pengi in team). Will have to finish maxing him and testing him out. I’ll be looking for videos to see what he actually does in the heat of battle.

1 Like

Does a hit minion trigger the def up to the allies? If I am reading his card correctly, the def up is part of his special (i.e., the def up is for 3 turns when you fire his special skill), not part of the effect from a hit minion.

Pulled him on my very first dune summon. The hope was for khonshu obviously. I hope he gets a buff because the art is awesome. He is useful as a stack on my 6th war team, but not special enough to go anywhere else.

1 Like