⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Papyros

This thread is for discussing whether Papyros is well-balanced, or whether you think she needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Papyros. For that, please see: 🌑 Papyros – Season 5 Hero – 5* Holy / Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Papyros is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Papyros is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Papyros is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Papyros is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Papyros ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on her balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the main hero thread.

2 Likes

S5 summon gate banner hero but weaker than S3 minion summon heros(Freya and bera)

8 Likes

too weak and not impressed and many heroes simmilar that is few years ago released will be more useful

4 Likes

Freya is more useful at Fast.

This chap is average, with better passives. Current meta favours (minimum) fast heroes for non rush situations.

2 Likes

This was my suggestion to fix him. This alone would make him a decent hero.

••••“I didn’t realize the minions had to be attacked and not the minion owners. If that distinction was changed, along with the damage output of the DoT, Papyros would be a great hero.”••••

I think people who think he is ok don’t know how his minions work and just imagine his minions work in a way like what you suggested.

1 Like

Lu Bu need a buff too

1 Like

I agree because when I read his special at first glance, I didn’t understand until I attacked with him and my team had both his minions and Delilah’s. Since I fired Delilah’s special first, her minions took center stage. Afterwards, any snipe or special skill damage my heroes took, it usually killed both minions and didn’t do anything in the way of DoT.

I agree that Papyros is useless compared to other ss5 heroes. And as a banner hero for ss5 , he should be more desirable. He is an avg minion summoner just like Arco and Hulda, his minions are supposed to be more tanky. I would suggest to buff minion HP, sand damage or more mana buff . Make him a worthy strong hero as he deserves.

1 Like

Worthless waste of space hero.

Average speed.

Weak minions.

No damage or any other component to his special.

His minions don’t even do anything unless they are hit by someone!

Keep putting out heroes like this and you won’t get any revenue from these portals.

2 Likes

Papirus seems much stronger to me than Exeera. Doesn’t it look the same to you?

With what exactly, at least Exeera can make some damage this one don’t do nothing, the deff up in average hero without any direct damage it’s not enough to pool for him and his minions it’s coming very well for Grimble and co.

2 Likes

His minions are weak at 14% hp.
Sand dmg only applies when his minions are attacked directly. Which means if you hide his minions behind beefy minions, the sand dmg will not apply. Thus the sand dmg are mostly useless.
He is average speed.

Hope this help people understand why this hero is so trash.

I think I’d rather have Papyros than the Zhuge Liang I “luckily” pulled. Isn’t it?

I don’t like compare two trash. But if u asked me to do so,
In normal mode both of them are useless.

Zhuge is usable in rush and this one is still useless

1 Like

Hopefully balance adjustment this month is coming up that does something to this big guy

This month balance was already released and guess what?! Papyros got nothing!

Close this thread. Clearly he’s a filler trash to reduce the chance of getting a good 5. He’ll never get a specific balance. Only the top and medium ones will get buffs so they become even more OP in order to generate profit.

1 Like

I at least thought they were gonna change so that the enemy got sand damage if they hit the target (not just the specific minion).
Now he will remain useless with other minionsummoners

1 Like

I was thinking i was going crazy when i saw some others get buffed and he didnt. Damn lol oh well

1 Like