šŸ”µ [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Mysticism - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Wow, congrats Muchacho! Iā€™m glad that Merlin works so well in your team. I pulled mine a few weeks ago, but started working on him a week ago or so. Canā€™t wait to max my Merlin and emblem him. Now Iā€™m even more excited, for no reason Iā€™m getting more and more interested in mana controllers of all kinds. Gretel will be next!
In my team for todayā€™s trial I had Proteus, Treevil and Carol + two healers.
I hope that you will get Proteus one day!

3 Likes

I am the opposite currently. I lived and died by mana control, mostly out of necessity, for a long time (like years). If you saw my roster most mana controllers are +20 and some key ones LBā€™d. Probably more so than any other class of hero. Now with my expanded roster I am seeing how fast I can just straight blow stuff up more :laughing:

Mana control is great and a consistent way to beat difficult things, albeit not fast. More slow and steady, but effective.

I was considering doing a comparison of Hansel vs Gretel vs Merlin like I did for other random things. Not sure there is much interest in that though beyond my own curiosity.

She was my first premium controller. I will always have a soft spot for that lady.

I have posted elsewhere I am probably too bitter about him avoiding me. I wouldnā€™t level him out of spite if I got him now! :laughing:

Good luck with your leveling projects and nice team for this trial! I wish I had Carol.

:beers:

1 Like

That reminds me of my riposters team. If I couldnā€™t survive long enough and beat some difficult stages or quests, my last hope was my most defensive team with Boril + Cyprian, both fully emblemed. Beating monsters with those 2 and 2 healers is soooo loooong, but effective. Now I want to try mana control teams. :slight_smile:

As I remember correctly you did a comparison of Hensel, Gretel and C.Chao. I would be interested in this new comparison, but if I am the only one, donā€™t bother yourself with this. ^^ Cheers!

1 Like

Maybe drop a cross-post here:

I donā€™t remember seeing Merlin there, and itā€™s a hero some folks might want to see, but many may not have LB.

I have Gretel LB +20. I find her pretty effective.

Haha! I have 2 - one +20 and one 4^70 - but they both came after I finished S2. I got so used to playing without Proteus that I never used him as much as some people do, and I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m missing much. Put Fish Face in his place if he ever does show up! LOL

You arenā€™t the only one. A @Muchacho deep dive is always worth the read.

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Onatel +19
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Isarnia +c18
  • Krampus 4^85+20

Ainā€™t broke. Ainā€™t fixing it. (Although I might trot out JF if heā€™s ready next time, just to see what he can do.)

Mobs werenā€™t a problem, per usual. Tried to stack up some elf minions, and I did actually have to heal with Kiril once during the mobs. Was set up perfectly with a blue and yellow diamond both on the board in wave 4ā€¦ and then a cascade went off and blew it all to heck, killing the last moblings in the process. So, I entered the boss wave with all specials charged, but the board nearly cleared of on-color tiles. This should be interesting.

Somehow, I still found enough tiles to take out all three bosses without any of them firing. Onatel is obviously responsible for this by delaying their mana gain, but still, the crew I have is just pretty darn good on this trial. Not complaining at all.

Wizard emblems saved for JF, who is at 4^50-something and rising. Sorcerer emblems saved also, as Iā€™m still leaning heavily toward maxing Norns soon, unless Kara lands in my lap in May or HA 10 delivers a canā€™t miss yellow. Bringing Norns on this trial would open up some pretty interesting possibilities, I think. Trainer hero to Seshat.

3 Likes

Francine out zeline in ā€¦ No items ā€¦

Everything in storage .

3 Likes

Nice! Glad to hear someone is using Carol. I have her maxed but rarely use her. Do you use her for anything else in particular besides this trial?

It just occurred to me she would have been pretty good in that last 4* bloody battle but i forgot to use her.

1 Like

That Merlin fully LBed and everything :star_struck:

1 Like

Yes I actually have used Carol so much in my red mono team, for a long time. I ran her with Scarlett and Kelile (what I had at that time), and she could do great damage to the wings, if combined right. :fire:

2 Likes

You check this out:

There is also a 3* one. A real treasure trove.

1 Like

I have not. Cool project. Thanks for sharing.

Having trouble finding this one, @Muchacho . Link?

1 Like

As long as there are enough greens to blast them to pieces (and heal), or enough purples to keep them not gaining mana, itā€™s easy. Today was easy.

2 Likes

I fat fingered it in a hurry, I meant 5*. My bad.

2 Likes

Well, not really. Occasionally I take her for wars or tournaments, sometimes I use her to finish some quest or for challenges, but I have no secret tactic or synergy with her.
I like to take her with C. Kelile against heroes with riposte. They both can ignore it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So after the Treevil experiment which went well, i went back to this team:

because almost everybody had an upgrade since last time. Skittles and Almur up to +12, cMel to +10, Proteus now +20 and LB.

result:

no items used but this was a close one for cMel, i almost lost him. Heā€™s still squishy, he needs more emblems and i should probably LB him soon. but, i also had a lot of trouble getting blue and purple tiles in the middle of the fight. Krampus did absorb a full round of specials after Proteusā€™ initial freeze wore off and as usual, Ulmer goes down fast, but then it took a long time to get anyone charged again and Mel took couple of slash attack and then Balthazar went off and targeted him (of course he targets my healer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) and i thought he was going down for sure, but he held on with something like 50 health left. finally found some tiles to ghost through Ulmerā€™s hole, and managed to get everyone charged up again and finished no problem.

Sorcerers to Sabina, Wizards saved for Arco and/or maybe some to Grevle. Trainer to my final cRigard.

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Onatel +19
  • C. Francine +19
  • Isarnia +c18
  • Krampus 4^85+20

Literally just felt like trying something different this morning, so I swapped in C. Francine for C. Justice 4^80. Thought about going with JF +7 just to watch him flip Ulmerā€™s defense debuff, but Iā€™d prefer just to kill Ulmer before he fires in the first place.

Impatiently annihilated the mobs, which didnā€™t let Krampus build his normal minion wall. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Tried to take advantage of the EDD on Ulmer as much as possible, but the board wasnā€™t super cooperative. Still, I killed him before he fired. Thanks to Onatel, I was also able to get Quintus and Balthazar before they went off, too. Canā€™t say this team was better or worse than the one from last time, but they both finished the job without allowing the bosses to fire.

Just short of wizard emblems for JFā€™s next node. Sorcerer emblems saved for Norns, probably, or C. Cat. Trainer hero to C. Cat.

1 Like

Almur, LotL, Proteus, C Kashhrek, Vanda.

Easy trial.
Just slow to get past the waves

Easy again, same team as above. No items used, No deaths.
I had multiple diamonds for the bosses, so not even one of them got a special off.

1 Like

Same team no items ā€¦

Wizard not sure, sorcerer lady locke and trainer

3 Likes

New / upgraded toys time! Arcoā€™s done, so out he came:

I had a ton of wizard emblems sitting around, so Arco went straight to +20 when he was done. slowly getting my key 4* Sorcerers up there now that Krampus and Uraeus are done. Almur and Skittles now up to +15 now.

result:

no items, no surprise. i mean, i could have just let this run on autoplay just to see how it went. everyone sitting pretty with double health. the fact that there are even minions missing is a testament to how hard the bossesā€™ slash attacks are. i donā€™t think the monsters ever managed to remove one of Arcoā€™s minions.

Sorcerers to Sabina to get her to +15. Wizards saved for Isarnia? or maybe some to Grevle. trainer to Cyprian.

2 Likes