🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Mysticism - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Same team milena Lb up some bling … Lotl up bling …
No items used …

Sorcerer in storage wizard JF Trainer gretel.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Onatel +19
  • C. Francine +14
  • Isarnia +c16
  • Krampus 4^85+20

Although C. Justice has the color advantage, C. Francine has the emblem and speed advantage, so she checks in this round. Isarnia is also up two talents from last time.

Boards were pretty great throughout, allowing Krampus to spam his (nerfed :angry:) minions in place of healing. As I was finishing up the last wave, I managed to set off a cascade that created green and blue diamonds on the board, basically assuring the win before I ever reached the boss wave. Fired all specials, and with more green than blue on the board, popped the green diamond. Between Isarnia’s -44% defense and C. Francine’s -54% defense against green, this was a bad series of events for Ulmer, who was nearly dead one turn in. Popped the blue diamond then, which did him in. Francine was straight up relentless in this one. Her fast speed kept her firing over and over and, had Ulmer survived, his def down would have been no threat, as Francine’s undispellable cleanse-over-time was up basically the whole fight. Not that the fight lasted that long…

With Treevil now at +20, Isarnia starts getting wizard emblems again, and those from a previous stage brought her to +16. Sorcerer emblems still being stored, but Dolgoon is almost ready for some, and Marcel will likely follow him as my next green project, so he’ll get some, too. Trainer hero to Seshat, newly minted from my HA 10. :smiley:

5 Likes

not much change to this team:

some better troops, Almur up to +7. i may be done with Uraeus (now at +18) so Skittles may get some of her emblems back soon. I still use her quite a bit in rush wars.

result:

pretty easy. board cooperated, no need for any items.

trainer to Dr. Moreau, sorcerers to Skittles or Sabina, probably Skittles. now that Sif in the middle defenses aren’t everywhere i probably use Skittles more than Sabina. Wizards to ? not sure right now. maybe Kiril #2.

3 Likes

Adding in treevil

4 Likes

This is the first emblem quest where I fielded a full 5* rainbow team. Completed it without using any battle item :grinning:

4 Likes

How did the tree fare? Any trouble keeping him alive?

1 Like

Been a while since I last posted here.
This team works well, green tiles really melt them, while proteus made sure they didn’t charge.

1 Like

Went in with treevil, ureaus, Anastasia, proteus and Kiril.

Possibly the easiest trial i’ve ever done…

1 Like

This time I chose a completely different team.

I thought it would’ve been easier, but the board suddenly didn’t give any combo and the bosses started to hit LotL minions and both Treevil, so they were able to fire twice (Ulmer just fired once but I had Mitsuko’s special activated, so he died immediately).
I didn’t need any object but I was about to use them.

Take care. :wink:

2 Likes

I keep meaning to level Marcel up. This Trials is certainly somewhere to use him

1 Like

you should. He’s awesome.
At +20 he charged in 9 tiles with a lvl11 manatroop. Here’s mine (full attack path)

1 Like

Excellent. I’ve used him in the other Wizard trial twice too. The hardest part is actually the beginning making sure you get a good start. But the defense down, attack down, and mana slow really do work on the bosses. In this fight I also had Glenda for cleanse, Kiril for defense up, and minions from Glenda/Uraeus.

I don’t really need tree here since Isarnia does so much of the work, but I’ll keep him in here.

1 Like

Marcel and proteus out … ©WR and ©francine in

Sorcerer storage …Wizard JF. Trainer Jack o’hare

3 Likes

Hey, Skittles got some emblems back finally, after like a year:

otherwise not much change here.

nonstop board problems today, i almost lost Skittles before i even got to the bosses. she was down to just 72 health at one point. :sweat_smile: mobs were really picking on her and she has the worst defense, although better now with some emblems. all the bosses fired at least once but i got just enough tiles to charge Krampus up before that happened each time or i’d have been toast. as usual, Ulmer went down first, then Balthazar, then Quintus. still, almost lost Skittles again to slash attacks. made it with no items used though.

Sorcerers to Almur or Skittles probably. Wizards saved for now. Trainer to cRigard #5. reset token is nice even though i have only ever used one - on Skittles so i could give them to Krampus. and now she has her emblems back. go figure. :laughing:

It’s so nice we are able to see the reset token reward now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Same team. Tree is very helpful here.

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Onatel +19
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Isarnia +c18
  • Krampus 4^85+20

Went back to C. Justice from C. Francine this round, for no particular reason. Also, Isarnia is up 2 talents.

Mob waves were pretty straightforward. C. Justice did need a heal at one point, which was a little surprising to me. Managed to keep both a blue and yellow diamond on the board for the bosses and enter with all specials charged. Not as many blue and yellow tiles as I would have liked, though, since I needed them to kill the mobs in wave 4. Fired all specials, popped the blue diamond and then the yellow. Balthazar gone, and Ulmer ready to fire, but wait… elf minions! They finished him off in the St. Nick of time. (I’ll see myself out now.) Quintus was no problem after this.

Wizard emblems saved for JF. Sorcerer emblems saved for Marcel, who is almost ready. Trainer hero to Seshat.

3 Likes

Easy, but proteus and dd/edd means green tiles made short work.

3 Likes

Even though last time went a little rough, i have a new toy to play with for this trial:

yep, it’s the tree. i was very skeptical at first. i mean, Proteus already stops their mana, Skittles drops their attack. And the bosses are purple, so I can’t rely as much on tile damage. is this really going to work? and the tree is very… slow… well, i can just bring tons of mana potions and bombs i guess…

result:

…which i didn’t need any of. < insert obligatory ‘Tree OP’ comment here > I went in with everybody charged and a full wall of minions, and fired everybody except Kiril. after just a few moves, Ulmer was down and the other two were at half health. i used the hole left by Ulmer to ghost tiles and charge everyone up again. the minions did a lot of the damage, until slash attacks wore them away, but then one final blast with Tree and Skittles took care of Quintus and most of Balthazar’s health and then i dropped one blue tile into him and he went poof.

Wizards for Kiril #2 or Grevle i guess. Sorcerers for Almur, Skittles, or Sabina. Trainer to cElena, who’s almost done.

2 Likes

This trial was one of the last ones to become “easy” for me. As a result I have kind of left the team I had as-is for a while. I thought I would mix it up this time though. I dropped Sartana and costume Melendor to add costume Cyprian and my brand new +20 and LB’d Merlin:

The team worked alright for having one healer. This trial I tend to do better with two. Mana pots and Merlin allowed me to not let the bosses fire too often. Mindless Attack is pretty cool. I used a few more items than I normally do, but beat it without much issue:

Merlin is a bit “squishy” still, but the full mana drop versus half from Hansel or Gretel is a bit different.

:beers:

4 Likes