đŸ”” [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Decimation - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

My old team :

Old

My new team :

New

C Melendor for overwriting Ulmer’s def debuff, Elena to counter everyone’s special skills. Proteus and Onatel obviously for mana control (if Proteus can’t fire, Onatel will steal mana). No items needed. Better team than previous one.

2 Likes

No items used. I think this is the first time I used costume joon here. Used regular version normally.

2 Likes

No items. My team :

Fighters emblems for Fenrir
Wizards for Anzogh

1 Like

Trials of Decimation

2021-11-17 Team

base Kiril 4*+01
base Boldtusk 4*+18
( New ) base Magni 5*+01
Proteus 4*+18
base Hu Tao 4* 3.60

Battle items

10x Mana potion 25%
5x Mana potion 60%
5x Axes
5x Harpoons
I love harpoons ( see notes )

Click for rest of post

Arrows

Axes can be replaced by Arrows, but Arrow debuff only lasts 4 turns ( compared to Harpoon & Axe 6 turn debuff )

Proteus 4*+18

Proteus 4*+18 still MVP of this trial

Bonus, poison DOT helps versus reviving Boss Oberon

Hu Tao 4* 3.60

Base Hu Tao 4* 3.60 still worth it

Yellow is strong against 2x purple Bosses, so even dead, does nice normal damage / tile damage / matching damage

Generally, using ONLY farmable ascension items, 4* 3.60 still most powerful

New Tactics

base Magni 5*+01

After years, of Merciless RNG ( pre Hero Academy ),

Finally got Magni

Fast sniper with defense buff to caster, and nearby

Base Magni, and base Vivica, most important base Classic 5* heroes

Positioned to protect Proteus, and Boldtusk

Timing Magni defense buff and Kiril defense buff can be annoying but worth it

Harpoons

Using harpoons as an iron sink ( see notes )

With 279x harpoons in inventory - after this trial! - not saving them

Especially useful to take out sniper Boss Balthazar

Notes

FIN

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +19
  • Kiril 4^75 +c20
  • Isarnia +c12
  • Bertila +11

Compared to last time, Isarnia is up four talents, and Bertila is up three.

Mob waves are not a problem, and I almost took out wave 2 with just Isarnia + Bertila. Had I added Kiril, I think I would have been able to do it. Entered the boss wave with green, yellow, and purple (useless) diamonds on the board. Fired everyone, including Poseidon at Ulmer, and popped the purple diamond to get rid of the junk on the board. There was a lot of it. When the dust settled, there was a dragon positioned such that I could pop both the green and yellow diamonds at the same time, so I basically threw the whole board at the bosses with one move, killing Balthazar before he could fire and recharging half my team. I don’t think I even had to fire everyone again to clean up the rest of the mess.

Not enough fighter emblems for Bertila’s next node nor enough wizard emblems for Isarnia’s next node. Trainer hero goes to Obakan.

1 Like

No change poseidon and milena up some bling
 No items used

Wizard milena, fighter unsure trainer Russell.

BT out zircon in
 Kingston down bling reset to +7 for zircon
 Milena up some bling

Fighter zircon
 wizard thinking JF trainer LotL

2 Likes

Same team as last time, only BT has costume bonus and 2 more nodes

Screenshot_20211222-172503

Board was bad (low on reds), and Colen was slashed to death. Didn’t matter, 2 proteus means the bosses didn’t charge.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +19
  • Kiril 4^75 +c20
  • Isarnia +c15
  • Bertila +18

Compared to last time, Isarnia is up 3 talents, and Bertila is up 6.

As usual, mob waves just melted. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a green diamond on the board. Looked like the board was lined up favorably under Balthazar, so I sniped him with Poseidon. Indeed, I dropped him before he fired, then turned my attention to Oberon, who also died without firing, but revived three times, meaning Ulmer actually died before Oberon stayed down. Nobody fired, and this was not in doubt at any point.

Not sure who gets fighter emblems next, but I have plenty of candidates. Pausing Isarnia’s consumption of wizard emblems in favor of Treevil, who also gets the trainer hero.

3 Likes

Same team as last time. No items used.

No immediate plans for emblems.

2 Likes

Nice team @Ruskin505 ! Your troops are much further than mine too :laughing:

I just wanted to note, as someone who uses Glenda all the time, that when she was first released some smart people like @Guvnor did damage calcs with her special boost and found you do more damage overall amplifying a multiple target hitter than a sniper. If you use this same team she may have a bigger impact with Isarnia on one side rather than both of the snipers.

Good luck though either way!

:beers:

4 Likes

I generally try to charge my heroes prior to the boss wave. And I’ll always use Isarnia before any of the others. So this way both snipers get the damage benefit rather.

Otherwise I agree with your logic.

2 Likes

I always fired Glenda, then Athena, then whomever the “finisher” was like Richard based purely on those calcs. Off color like Justice or Quintus or something so we’ll too to finish. When I have time it may be fun to compare that to:

• Athena then Glenda

• Athena not adjacent to Glenda, then Glenda, then two others. I would just need to modify the first two samples so there are 4 hitters in each.

Could be cool to see. I know my Quintus +20 boosted by Glenda is usually a beast. Especially with a Kiril or BY added boost. I am sure I will forget before I have time. :man_shrugging:

:beers:

At 4/80:
Isarnia damage: 797 * 235% = 1872
Glenda damage: 749 * 270% = 2022

So Glenda does more damage straight.

Add in Glenda’s 40% boost to Isarnia and we have
Glenda damage: 749 * 270% = 2022 (same as above)
Isarnia boosted damge: 797 * (235% + 40%) = 2191

So now Isarnia does more damage

But, I fire Isarnia first and enemy gets -44% defense. I’m not going through the math, but I’ve never even considered firing Glenda first before Isarnia or Frida (or Grimm)

Don’t some of you find this overly easy? My bench is pretty dreadful and went with this. Used 2 bombs.

2 Likes

This time I used this, as I reset Elena :

Ulmer rarely fires, so I don’t think i really need Mel C to overwrite his debuff anyway.

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +19
  • Kiril 4^75 +c20
  • Isarnia +c15
  • Bertila +18

No changes from last time. Played the boards pretty conservatively, in part because I just don’t feel very well today and couldn’t be bothered to think very hard. Mid-way through wave 3, the boards really turned sour and didn’t improve until well into the boss wave. Entered with all specials charged and thought maybe I had enough yellows to bring down Balthazar, but he ended up firing at Bertlia, and she was kind of touch-and-go for a while, as blue tiles just evaporated, leaving me with no healing. Just when it looked like things would get hairy, and cascade came out of nowhere, killing Ulmer and charging Kiril. The rest was elementary.

Fighter emblems take Colen up a couple of nodes. Wizard emblems take Treevil up a node. Trainer hero to Merlin.

4 Likes

Went with an all Wizards team:

• Cobalt LB +18
  • Kiril LB + 8
  • Proteus LB +17
  • Treevil LB +17
  • Lord Loki +9

Treevil was a beast here as well and between him and Proteus, the poor Ulmer, Oberon and Balthazar did not manage to shoot at all.

Wizard emblems: saved for either Lord Loki or Proteus (need to get my dark mana troop to +17 first though), Fighter emblems: saved for Octros or Poseidon. Trainer goes to bera

3 Likes

Swaped it up a bit. Zircon Kingston proteus out

C. LOTL, adohan, treevil in. No items

Screenshot_20220126-200715

Emblems to zircon, JF
 trainer ingolf

3 Likes

I see that some players gave a chance to Treevil.

I went with this team:

I just wanted to test something different without 5* heroes or Proteus.

I reached the last stage with my heroes fully charged and they hardly were a threaten.

The trainer went to LotL (as I want to max her completely), wizard emblems to Glenda and the fighter ones will be saved.

Good luck and take care.:wink:

5 Likes