Glenda – 5* Ice/ Blue - November 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

That would be too good i guess lol.
Thnx for an answer guys ^^

Is it just me or Glenda looks like an unused / rejected design from Wonderland’s event?

Her special doesn’t sound bad I guess.

1 Like

Mother North has great character art and looks like a 5* hero with a proper design.

1 Like

All my luck used up with just one pull! My first ever vamp too. Used 13 EHT total still have 7 left for Christmas. For me she is definitely getting the scopes (over Richard or Thorne) and I think she’s going to be really fun to raid with alongside Finley and Magni.

11 Likes

Her cleanse is relevant, given the lack of blue cleanses, but her secondary is pretty meaningless in most instances and the Drake-esque damage is decent but far from game-changing at average mana. At this point I’d stick with an emblemed cSonia if you have her.

3 Likes

OK so will edit this comment but I will expand a little more on how much of an effect Glenda’s buff actually has because it’s not immediately apparent.

The below maths is making use of the Damage Calculation which is explained in great detail in this thread: Damage Calculation

For the purposes of this comparison I will be comparing an Area of Effect Hitter (Azlar) with a Sniper (Joon). The hits will be against an average unemblemed 5* hero on defence. For additional comparison, I will add in a scenario under Kiril’s buff of +30% attack and another under Grimm’s debuff of .

So Scenario 1 = Just the hitter
Scenario 2 = Hitter under Glenda’s buff
Scenario 3 = Hitter under Kiril’s buff.
Scenario 4 = hitter when Grimm’s defence drop is in play.

AOE 5 Hitter – Azlar

Leaving DoT off as this is not affected by any scenario

So from this we can see:

• Glenda Buff:
    • Damage % increased 205% → 245% (1.195 multiplier or 19.5% increase)
    • Increase in direct damage – ~27.3% damage
  • Kiril Buff
    • Increased direct damage compared to no buffs – ~42.4%
    • increased direct damage compared to Glenda buff – ~11.9%
  • Grimm Debuff
    • Increased direct damage compared to no buffs – ~75.3%
    • Increased direct damage compared to Glenda buff – ~37.8%
    • Increased direct damage compared to Kiril Buff – ~23.1%

Sniper (single target hitter) – Joon

On this one we see:

• Glenda Buff
    • Damage increased from 468% → 508% (1.086 multiplier or a 8.6% increase)
    • increased direct damage – ~11.7%
  • Kiril Buff
    • Increased direct damage compared to no buffs – ~42.5%
    • Increased direct damage compared to Glenda Buff – ~27.6%
  • Grimm Debuff
    • Increased direct damage compared to no buffs – ~75.3%
    • Increased direct damage compared to Glenda buff – ~57.0%
    • Increased direct damage compared to Kiril Buff – ~23.0%

Summary

What we can take away from this in summary is:

1. An attack buffing hero (or defence dropping hero) will have more of an impact in terms of the damage dealt than Glenda’s buff…
    This is plain and simply because the multiplier in the damage calculation is much much smaller…
    Glenda gave a 1.086 multiple for Joon and a 1.195 multiple for Azlar… Compare that to kiril who gives a 1.3 multiple each time…

2. The LOWER the original damage percentage, the bigger impact Glenda has.
    Again, this comes back to the effective multiplier in the damage calculation being bigger… As we saw in the examples above, +40% on 205% is a bigger change than +40% onto 468%… Thus a bigger end impact to the damage dealt.

3. Defence dropping heroes have a biiiigggg impact.
    Just because of the way that the damage calculation is processed with a large multiplier on the top of the fraction (the damage percentage).
    This is a major factor in why Costume Kiril is better for dealing damage than normal Kiril (in a straight comparison…)

4. AOE type heroes get the most benefit from Glenda for two reasons;
    first is because they have a lower initial damage % compared to snipers.
    Second is because they target more enemies; thus have that increase

35 Likes

So how does Glenda work with someone like Miki? or even Frida? And does her special stack with Kiril?

No interraction. Miki boosts NORMAL attack… This only applies to tile damage & slash attacks. Nothing more.

Stacks with both.

2 Likes

@Guvnor just saw your note about how her special works, thank you for pinning it at the top for clarification regarding her +40% attack! Seriously appreciated!

1 Like

I just reset one of the polls about Glenda’s primary purpose as I realised I had completely missed the cleanse in the Options…

1 Like

So if Glenda boosts special skill, wouldn’t that boost Miki’s special skill when it goes off. So it wouldn’t stack to work together, but would it boost Miki from 130% to 170%? The wording on Glenda is a bit strange. I’m guessing if she doesn’t help Miki’s special it’s because his special doesn’t technically do “damage.”

1 Like

Has this not already been explained? It doesn’t boost Miki because Miki’s special does not itself do damage, so there’s nothing for Glenda to boost.

2 Likes

Correct… Only do special damage like Magni, Marjana, etc… Miki does not have damage on his special skill. I think the wording is not that stange, it is clear IMO.

1 Like

Glenda is specifically limited to increasing direct damage dealt.

If there is no direct damage, there is no improvement. simple as that.

4 Likes

What about Wu Kong (non costumed) does she increase that?

2 Likes

No.

Wu kong increases attack stat of the heroes affected.

Literally with Glenda:

• If a hero has direct damage it gets +40% added onto it (So 200% → 240%)
  • If a hero has NO direct damage, no effect.
6 Likes

What about Boldtusk?

1 Like

I just want to get out ahead of all of the inevitable questions

2 Likes

Thanks @Guvnor I think I’d have liked her a bit more if she just increased all special skills by 40%. Probably would be too OP. She’s still not bad, just slightly less impressive.

What specifically about Boldtusk?