🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Decimation - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Same team
Last time Onatel was 3/70

Not very good boards through out this one, but the Badgers played there part

Trainer for Richard
Emblems for Onatel

4 Likes

Same team… Fenir got some bling on him now :+1: no items used.

Emblems in storage trainer horguall.

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +17
  • Kiril 4^75 +c20
  • Sartana +18
  • Bertila 4^80

First action for Kiril since reaching his limit broken max, and also decided to try out Bertila - who I’ve had only limited experience with since maxing her - in place of C. Justice. Felt like a good potential counter for Ulmer. Also, Onatel is up five talents.

Bertila was pretty impressive on the mob waves, to be honest. If I bling her out with emblems by resetting Elena, I think she could conceivably wipe out entire waves with her special. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and focused on Ulmer. Even with two counters for his defense down ailment - three, if you count antidotes - I still think he’s the most dangerous boss. Bertila was not as impressive here, and a third yellow for added tile damage against Balthazar and Oberon might have been preferable, but :man_shrugging: . The bosses did double hit Poseidon, and things were a bit dicey with him for the rest of the fight, but he didn’t ultimately die. My snipers brought down Ulmer before he fired; Balthazar did fire a couple of times and went down next, and finally Oberon fell, and Sartana’s poison took care of his one revive.

Emblems from an earlier stage took Onatel up a talent, so no further movement there. Not enough emblems for Elena’s next node, and again, whether she keeps them or not probably depends on how much I like Yang Mai to replace her in my red stack when she’s ready in a week or two. Trainer hero to second costume Rigard.

4 Likes

Haven’t done one of these in a while. I beat it with this team:

Melendor and Kiril are +20. Magni and Glenda are +18. Hu Tao is +1. Don’t mistake that for not liking him though, I love that panda. I just had 5* fighters and Justice to do what he does normally.

This trial used to be a grind but this was the fastest I ever completed it. Lots of D boost to off set Ulmer with Melendor, Kiril, and Magni. A boost from Kiril stacked with Glenda’s make Magni and Hu better. A few times Glenda could recharge fast enough to take advantage of her own boost :+1:. She is not a gentle hitter in her own right.

Hu Tao meant my health could keep up fine as he kept them missing frequently. All bosses fired multiple times. I can just absorb it with multiple healers and D boosts without much issue. No one even got in the red.

All emblems saved. I am stopping Magni and Glenda at +18 for now. I have multiple 5* options for both classes at 3:70. I just need to see how my summons go when I beat SE and summon in July to know who is getting ascended, etc.

Trainer to Elena who is around 67/70.

:beers:

6 Likes

i figured last time worked so well, why mess with a good team? only difference is Proteus is up 2 talents. So the team was:

Proteus +16 - Kiril +1 - Boldtusk +15 - Tyr +4 - Misandra 3/70

the result:

even better than last time, no losses, everyone finished with almost full health. did use a bomb for attack debuff because the slash attacks are brutal, and almost took out Misandra again at one point, this is one of the trials i;ve been meaning to check the bosses’ attack power now that we can see it, it’s got to be huge. couple mana potions, pretty sure both to Proteus. getting close to doing this one without items though.

Trainer to Malicna, wizards to Kiril or Grevle now that i think i’m done with Proteus, Fighters to storage, but i have a lot now, so Tyr will go +7 here shortly.

5 Likes

Previous teams all have been very similar in having the same 3 reds, but the remaining were two of :Alfrike, Cobalt, cJoon, or cGormek. Apparently tried every permutation except Cobat+Alfrike so ran with it this time.

Really not too much to say, board was pretty blue and purple heavy in the mob waves so just blasted them away with Cobalt and Freak Queen, then went into the boss wave with a red diamond on the board with about 10 red tiles. After firing everybody and popping the red diamond, Oberon was already gone (most of the red tiles were under him), with Ulmer and Balthazar having 10% HP left. Blasted them again with Alfrike, and Ulmer actually killed Balthazar, which was hilarious to me since it seems Ulmer is taking revenge on Balthazar for calling him a fool. :rofl: Then some red tiles under Ulmer to finish him off.

Item tally: none

Emblems and trainer saved.

4 Likes

MY TEAM:

I used exactly the same team but in this case, the battle was very easy as I had an excellent final board.

The trainer will go to Killhare and the emblems will be saved as I don’t have a clear candidate for them.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

3 Likes

So, basically the same team as last time, except Kiril is now +3, and i’ve got some new troops:

this is one of the trials where the the slash attacks hurt a lot. so as mentioned in the last trial thread, i remembered to check the attack power:

2734? yeah, that can hurt. if you don’t have attack debuff or defense buff, then bombs are your friend. not as bad as some of the bosses in S3 hard i checked recently though. one of those had at an attack power over 4000.

anyway, the result:

almost got through this with no items, but I ran dry on purple tiles for a while and all the bosses were about to fire at once so I used a time stop. managed to get from there to the end without an issue though. if I get this done with no items and can get some emblems on Grevle at some point, i might switch this up and bring Grevle and Bertila to try something different.

No reset emblem. Purple trainer to one of my Rigard’s, Wizards for Kiril or Grevle, Fighters for Tyr or Bertila, or maybe saved for Misandra who may be the next blue i max.

3 Likes

Basically the same may change it up next time…
No items used.

Fighter storage wizard zeline trainer proteus 2

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +19
  • Kiril 4^75 +c20
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Bertila 4^80

Compared to last time, Onatel is up two talents. Also, I swapped C. Justice back in for Sartana +18, after swapping her out for Bertila last time. Three yellow heroes against two purple bosses (plus purple mobs) seemed like a good idea, even if Sartana is the overall better hero. Also, Onatel’s element link gives Justice a secondary heal vs. Sartana. Honestly pretty pleased with the switch. Probably run with this crew one more time before I can get Isarnia with costume bonus maxed, and then somebody’s going out so she can come in.

Played conservatively through the mobs, but no matter - they weren’t much of a challenge, as half of them are weak to my yellow three-stack anyway. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and red (useless) and green diamonds on the board. Focused on Ulmer, per usual. Balthazar fired once at Kiril, and I had to watch him the rest of the battle, but he came out OK. Managed to take down Balthzar just before he fired again. Dropped Ulmer next - again, as he was about to fire. Oberon fired the turn before he died, so that made very little difference. Again, those yellow tiles pack a noticeable wallop vs. the purple bosses.

Grevle gains two talents with wizard emblems. Magni falls one lousy fighter emblem short, but I’m still debating resetting him for Bertila anyway. Most of the time when I use her, it reminds me that I don’t use her enough. I think she’s pretty dang good, and Isarnia is coming for Magni’s spot on my mono blue team anyway. Trainer to Quintus.

5 Likes

Same team as usual and no items.

3 Likes

Same team didn’t change it up haha… Poseidon up more bling… No items…

Emblems in storage till after magic Tower trainer Little John :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +19
  • Kiril 4^75 +c20
  • C. Justice 4^80
  • Bertila 4^80

No changes from last time, as expected.

Mob waves went a little slow, but no issues. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. The board wasn’t great, but it looked a little more promising under Balthazar, so I fired my one sniper (Poseidon) at him. (The rest of my heroes are nearby or AoE, so they hit everyone.) Then I made a match-3 yellow, and every replacement tile came up yellow, forming a yellow diamond and nearly nuking Balthazar into oblivion on the first move. Pop the diamond, killing Balthazar and recharging my yellow heroes. Target Oberon, and he goes down pretty meekly, and without reviving. Ulmer did grab enough tiles to fire, but my heroes were in good health, and Bertila charged the next turn, so I was able to throw the ailment back at him. It makes me happy to see my heroes do what they do best! As you can imagine, he didn’t last long after that.

Wizard emblems put in a neat little pile, waiting for Isarnia, who is coming along nicely. Exactly enough fighter emblems for Magni’s next node, but I still plan to reset him for Bertila once Isarnia is ready. Trainer hero to second Proteus.

3 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change,… Purple mana troop is now lvl23, and yellow 20 on the way to 23…

Battle

Decent good setup on boss wave…

Finished without items…

Reward

Fighter keep for Fogg, Wizard keep for now, Trainer goes to Senan.

2 Likes

Trying to get back to posting. click above for the previous team status.

Guess what? MAX Misandra. she’s awesome, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. she may not be Yang Mai, but she is so very nice.

the team:

can they do it? oh yes:

Kiril got taken out at the last moment before this snap. otherwise, he would have made it. two super mana to Proteus because ‘use super mana’ was the PoV order of the day. probably would have made it anyway.

btw, do you know why those slash attacks hit so hard? yeah, it’s this:

yep, Ulmer’s attack is 2734. power creep? whatever.

lol, anyway, purple trainer to cTibs2, wizard blems saved for Elradir, Fighter emblems? hah. Tyr, Bertila, and Mis are going to fight for them.

2 Likes

Same team, Onatel was + 5 last time and Hu got his costume leveled.

The Boss 3 Unrandomly hit my 2 Badger’s :rofl:, the whole Time! :rofl::rofl:

Emblems for Onatel, saving rest.
Thanks @jinbatsu :+1:
Works been busy lol

3 Likes

Wolf man out melina in no items used.

Fighter poseidon wizard melina trainer francine

5 Likes

This seems to be one of the few trials where I still encounter difficulties (and need to use items).

The team this time:

• Proteus +18
  • Cobalt +18
  • Kiril lb (no costume) +8
  • Elradir 4.80
  • Phileas Fogg +10

I got into the boss round with Proteus charged, as well as Cobalt (*3). Fired the shooters and cleared tiles, but was only getting red and yellow tiles.

Proteus was killed after Oberon and Balthazar fired. I used a minor mana potion to charge Kiril and 10 minor health potions for Kiril and Elradir that were almost dead.

In the end I managed to kill them with Fogg and Cobalt.

Fighter emblems will go to Fogg, Wizard emblems in saving and trainer for lb Brynhild.

2 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change… yellow troop is lvl23 now.

Battle

Decent board setup on boss wave, almost al mana ready with minions.

Clean without items.

Reward

Emblem keep both for now, Trainer goes to Sergei.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +19
  • Kiril 4^75 +c20
  • Isarnia +c8
  • Bertila +8

Been waiting for this. Isarnia in for C. Justice, and emblems stripped from Magni for Bertila. I really thought being able to bring in Isarnia’s massive defense down would be helpful here, but man, this team was just stupid good. Dropped wave 2 with Isarnia + Bertila, which was fun. Blue and yellow tiles hit pretty hard, also.

Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a green diamond on the board. Fire everyone - Poseidon targeting Balthazar - and pop the diamond, which recharged Bertila, and you can imagine what the bosses looked like after that. Tiles finished off Balthazar without allowing him to fire. Pitchfork of Doom to Oberon, and he also died and did not revive. Ulmer managed to cast right before he died, but Kiril was ready to reverse him, and he crumpled like the paper tiger he is. This trial is just a breeze now.

Wizard emblems take Isarnia to +9. Fighter emblems from a previous stage take Bertila to +8. Trainer hero saved for the moment. I’m maxing both Jack and Vlad before giving tabards to Obakan, giving my HA10 just a little more time to possibly deliver a better purple. Jack is almost maxed, so the trainer will probably go to Vlad. I’ll max one of anybody, clearly.

4 Likes